How does EA work exactly at National?

luckytso

DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis
I just joined EA via Disney Club and after reading more posts here, I am actually more confused as to how it works

I learned that there are 2 EA lots, 1 at Terminal A and 1 at Terminal B

It seems that there are 2 categories in the lot, EA and "others" while "others" is separated by car sizes.

It appears that you can pick any car at EA, does it matter which size you reserved initially? People were talking about minivans or SUV, who can get those?

Logistically, how does it work if I follow rental car sign after coming off the plane? Where do I go and what do I need to do to dirve the car to baggage claim to pick up others in the family?

I've only used it on side B, I've heard side A is setup a little different. You get your luggage on level 2, take the elevator down to level 1, turn right and follow the corridor to the National Counter. Across from the National Counter are doors. Go through the door and cross the street (there is a crosswalk). National is to the left when you enter the garage. When you enter the garage, the cars are in rows. The rows are marked on the columns and I believe overhead signs. The EA is first, then full size, intermediate, premium & vans (not sure of the last 2). You can pick any vehicle in the EA 2 rows. If there's a van or suv, you can take it. If there's nothing you like, then you can go to full size if you have a full size reservation or intermediate if you have an intermediate reservation. Load up the car and drive to the exit (at the end of the EA rows). Give the attendant the hang tag from the mirror, your license, your EC card, charge card, any cards or coupons for discounts. The attendant processes it and gives you your paperwork. Then off you go!

I'm not positive about getting back to baggage claim, but when you come out of the garage you are in the main circle road of the airport. I guess you would follow the signs to circle back to the terminal.

here goes...

It seems that there are 2 categories in the lot, EA and "others" while "others" is separated by car sizes.

If you go the the national pickup terminal....the first 2 rows of cars should be EA aisle...then after that the rows are split into the size...Full, Intermediate, SUV, Mini...etc.

It appears that you can pick any car at EA, does it matter which size you reserved initially? People were talking about minivans or SUV, who can get those?

Most peoples rule of thumb is to reserve a Fullsize on the aisle because the quote is the same as a intermediate...then you are guaranteed a fullsize if the aisle is empty for some reason. I personally have never seen a minivan on the aisle...we did get an Suzuski SUV(not quite the size one thinks of when talking SUV). But if it there you are able to take it..

Logistically, how does it work if I follow rental car sign after coming off the plane? Where do I go and what do I need to do to dirve the car to baggage claim to pick up others in the family?

We come outside of baggage claim follow the signs for national and walk across the street and it's right there. we usually take the whole family to the car bags and all so I'm not sure how to get back to baggage claim...They do have those baggage trolleys for rent (approxl $2) to shuttle your luggage to the car...

Hope that helps...

What we did was split up. DH got a baggage cart & waited for the luggage. I took the car seat, went to the EA, picked a car, installed the car seat, paid, and then drove back to baggage claim to pick up DH. It was very quick for both of us.

If we had more than 1 child, it would have been more complicated. The funny thing is, I can't remember who had our 2 year old! I think I took him. He was really out of it, as he slept for most of the plane ride!

Thanks for all of your replies. I printed these out and will take them with me to WDW:D

I also posted another thread at the top, can you help me with those questions too? Thanks again.

The first time I used EA I didn't really know what to expect.

-- the cars are out there all by themselves, with keys in the ignition. You just pick one, get in, and drive to the exit booth to get processed.

-- There is no attendant, just people in the exit booths. If you have a problem or question concerning the cars, forget it. Just pick a different car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter