How does the Shareholder thing work?

Hi, please excuse my dim-ness!

Let me get this straight - if I have a family of 7 (2 adults, 5 children) I would need for both myself and my wife to both become shareholders in order to obtain all the discounts and benefits for my whole family?
Also, once we are shareholders, that's it for as long as we hold the shares? And how do we then go about booking trips, can you do it online or does it have to be over the phone?

Many thanks indeed
John.

Once you are a shareholder you have to join the club to get the discounts. The membership needs to be renewed every 2 years regardless of where you have 5 or 20 shares. Having 20 shares just means your membership fee will be waivered. Everytime you renew your membership you have to have proof you are still a shareholder i.e. statement etc & this can only be a maximum of 3 months old.

I've been looking at this thread and thinking that I am going to become a shareholder too :thumbsup2 Good savings on meals and souvenirs and best of all ......Salon Mickey :goodvibes

Just have to convince DH now.I may be back with many questions;)

Hi all, I have a quick question, I emailed my proof of shares and shareholder application form off about 2 weeks ago, but I've not heard anything back. Should I just keep waiting or is there someone I should contact?

Hi all, I have a quick question, I emailed my proof of shares and shareholder application form off about 2 weeks ago, but I've not heard anything back. Should I just keep waiting or is there someone I should contact?

you could email the shareholders club to be sure that they received your application. two weeks isnt a very long time to be waiting but its no harm to find out.

dlp.actionnaires@disney.com

I called and it was sorted that day. I've read a few posts where people have emailed in and still ended up waiting.

I emailled and got no response.

Phoning is your best option, I received my temp shareholders card by post a week later.

Thanks guys I have just joined the shareholder club by following your advice, sounds fab can't wait to go and use it now! :thumbsup2

I am really interested in becoming a share holder, but wondered if anyone has an idiots guide to doing it? :rotfl:

Not really too good with all this financial jargon, but really want to become a shareholder. Can someone guide me through it please :littleangel:

Hi, if you read through this thread from the beginning I think you'll find it's all covered. If you've got any questions after that, just ask away. :goodvibes

Got my Shareholder's Club card today :cheer2:

Just thought I'd pass on to anyone else, I found it really straight forward, the whole process took around 3-4 weeks from opening Halifax Sharedealing Account to getting card. I completed the online application form for the shareholder's club, printed it out signed it scanned in and emailed back. Originally my online contract note was refused so I printed it out, took it into my local Halifax who just put a branch stamp on it, scanned it in an emailed it back .... done!

I am really interested in becoming a share holder, but wondered if anyone has an idiots guide to doing it?

Not really too good with all this financial jargon, but really want to become a shareholder. Can someone guide me through it please

This thread does pretty much cover it but you can find more info and application forms here:

http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/shareholders/index.xhtml

And the account we used was a natwest trading account which is here:
http://www.natweststockbrokers.com/nw/products-and-services/share-dealing.ashx

You'll need to open a trading account first - maybe once you've dont that and hav online access give us a shout and we can point you in the right direction of what to do next. It seems a hassle but its worth it!

Hope that helps a bit :)

Hi,

we are looking into this too - and I have a (probably) daft question - when you say there is a discount at the Disney Store - is this just in the UK - or would it cover souvenir shopping in the US?

Tessa

Got my shareholders card this morning woo hoo, it's lovely :cool1:
Can't wait to start using it now!

I agree that is really is a simple process, not as hard as it may appear, any questions then fire away! xx:grouphug:

has anyone tried using this in disneystores over here? my store look at me like im an idiot when I present it and have to see their manager and disneystore.co.uk say its not valid with them as theyve never heard of it before

has anyone tried using this in disneystores over here? my store look at me like im an idiot when I present it and have to see their manager and disneystore.co.uk say its not valid with them as theyve never heard of it before

Yep, I've used mine in both Nottingham and Dundee, no problems at all - in fact first time I got CMs discount instead of shareholders! They just scan a bar code thingy they have near the till, and it takes the 10% discount off, even on sale items.

The only problem I have is at the Oxford Street store in London where they refuse to give you the 10% discount on Trading Pins. But the Covent Garden store does. I've also used mine at other Disney Stores all over the UK without any problems.

I've looked at many posts here but still cannot figure out how to buy the stocks. I want to buy them asap. Can anyone walk me through it? Is it easier to purchase online (who from?) or in person?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm just not very knowledgeable about these things.

Cheers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter