How does the Shareholder thing work?

Glad someone found it useful, I hope it does take a couple of days rather than weeks though! Or maybe the card will take weeks? Did you ask?

According to Helen from the Halifax, they have to send the contract note by post and wait for an acknowledge by post before the card can be sent out.

If you hear anything or receive anything, can you do me a favour and post on here. I will do the same for you. I'm visiting DLP in 3 weeks so I'm hoping to avoid any delay.

BTW I started my webchat by asking whether I could receive my contract by post, Helen replied "Is this the Disney thing?". :rotfl2: She's obviously had a few of these enquires today.

LOL! that is funny! There are probably many people who read these posts but don't post themselves! They've ll gone off to Halifax as well...
Yes I will do, as soon as I get anything, I'll post on here. I hope yours gets sorted ASAP!

BTW I started my webchat by asking whether I could receive my contract by post, Helen replied "Is this the Disney thing?". :rotfl2: She's obviously had a few of these enquires today.

Haha. I bet it's all us lot. My post confirmation only took a couple of days.

For those of you that want/need it quick, I would send the email then give it 24 hours and call if you've not heard anything. It's a free call to 00 800 64745630.

I can definately confirm the postal proof is accepted fine though :)

Good luck guys.

I brought shares on the Friday and filled in the Euro Disney shareholder application form. Got an immediate response requesting copy of contract note, which is available online in your Halifax shares ac. Faxed this over Saturday morning, got a confirmation received e-mail on tuesday and the temporary certificate arrived on the Friday.

Got an immediate response requesting copy of contract note, which is available online in your Halifax shares ac.

Did you use webchat to request the contract note to be posted or have I missed something on the Halifax shares ac.?

A copy of your contract note can be accessed in your halifax shares account online. I saved this as a word document and emailed it to shareholders club:goodvibes

A copy of your contract note can be accessed in your halifax shares account online. I saved this as a word document and emailed it to shareholders club:goodvibes

Thanks but the Disney Share Club wouldn't accept the contract note in this format when I tried. Fax or post only.

It seems they make up the rules as their going along:confused3

They won't accept a print out from the web, but they will accept your postal proof scanned and emailed to them

They won't accept a print out from the web, but they will accept your postal proof scanned and emailed to them

They accepted my contract note emailed from the copy on the halifax website. I've got the gold card to prove it!

i have heard of people cutting off the website bit of the print out and faxing it and that has been accepted

I wish i knew that, I think i'd have preferred applying myself. But let's just see what happens

Seems it depends on the person that deals with enquiry as to what they accept.

Obviously I got the awkward woman!! ;D

I wish i knew that, I think i'd have preferred applying myself. But let's just see what happens

Ha!
I got a letter today, and it turns out I still have to fill out the online form to join the SH club,:confused: i must have misunderstood what he meant but at least my letter and pin arrived today
so going to fill in the online form now...popcorn::

OMG!!!

Someone please tell me I was only supposed to buy 20 and not 21?!?!?!?!

The web page says something rather confusing
Shareholders who own between 5 and 20 new shares (or between 500 and 2,000 old shares) will also need to send a 2-year administration fee of €30.
If you hold 20 new shares (or 2,000 old shares) and more, you do not need to pay any administration fee.

Then my email from them says

Payment for the 2-year administration fee when applicable.
Indeed, shareholders holding 5 to 20 new Euro Disney S.C.A. shares (or 500 to 2,000 old shares) must pay €30.

Help what do I do?

no if you hold 20 shares or more you do not have to pay

PHEW! I really panicked there! Was thing i'd have to pay the broker fee again for just one more share and then wait again for the paper work! *sigh of relief*!!
Thanks! ( feeling a bit dippy lol)

PHEW! I really panicked there! Was thing i'd have to pay the broker fee again for just one more share and then wait again for the paper work! *sigh of relief*!!
Thanks! ( feeling a bit dippy lol)

thats ok lol you are not the first one, they are not very clear on their website

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter