How fast it all changed.

I have no words. It happened so quickly. I am sorry you were not able to be there with him in his final breaths, but I am so glad you were able to be there for him in the ways he needed you most over the last 35 days. He went out on his own terms.

I was young when my dad died, of a fast moving cancer, as well. If I can give any advice to you, as mom....let your kids see you cry, let them see you in your weak moments, and talk about dad as much as you can, and at any time they want. My mom, right after the funeral for her love of 35+ years, became a different person who, for all intents and purposes, "forgot" about my dad. It was very hard to not have my other parent to walk this journey with. I wanted her to be weak with me, to cry with me, to heal with me. It would have HELPED me to see her as miserable as I was. I wouldn't have felt so alone, or that I was taking too long to heal.

Strength doesn't just mean being the super-hero...it means being the person who others can come to because they know you will understand. It is people bonding together to heal after a tragedy. It is surviving, even when that is the last thing you want to do. You do not need to be the super-hero for your kids to heal. You will just need to be there, to hold their hand, to cry, to remember, to memorialize. And, there is no timeline...none at all. I am 18.5 years out from losing my dad, and I still have the weakest moments. The next days/months/year are going to be a blur. And that is ok.

Peace to you and yours, Rodeo. I am so very, very sorry for your loss.

Last edited:
So very sorry for your loss. Those last private moments will mean more to your kids than any of you could possibly know at this time. I'm so glad they got them. Prayers for strength for you all.

I prayed for your family first thing this morning and later logged on to read your update and burst into tears. Praying for you and following your progress has become a part of my day this last month, and my heart is broken for your family. I am so very sorry for your tremendous loss and for the pain you and your children are experiencing. I will continue to keep you all in my daily prayers.

Grace and peace to you and your children Rodeo. May your husband (their father) rest in peace.

I too have been following along silently. You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers through your terrible ordeal. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers. Thank you for showing us what true grace and love mean. Peace to you and your children in the tough days ahead.

So very, very sorry. Peace and comfort to you and your children.

I'm so sorry to read about your loss. My prayers are for you and your family to find peace in knowing your DH is no longer in pain. Remember that every star in the sky is a loved one looking down on us.

Rodeo I am so sorry for your loss and for how suddenly your husband was taken from your family. Prayers will continue for you and your children. Just remember that every time you see a butterfly fluttering his wings, that is your husband watching over you and your children. Your strength has amazed me beyond words. Your husband is now free as a butterfly and is soaring above you now free of cancer and pain. God Bless you and keep you in his love and protection

I am so sorry for your loss. May the memories you have of him bring you peace and comfort.

What an amazing woman you are...such love, class and grace.

So very sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, we are very familiar with this disease's devastating effects. Just know that he is now in good hands and free from pain.

Rodeo, you have been so strong throughout this terrible time. Please make sure you now allow others to be strong for you. Hang on to those you love as a lifeline when the waves of grief crash over you. God bless you and keep you. I pray this virtual community can also be of comfort to you in the coming days, weeks and months. We stand with you.

Thank you for taking us on your journey...
You've made such an impact on me, in a very profound and personal way.

May your husband rest in peace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter