How have you adjusted your morning plan over the years?

PairOfDice

Mouseketeer
Last year we made the mad dash for Peter Pan. We were second in line and I felt like I needed to reapply deodorant already. I'd rather not start the day like that on our next visit. I read someone's post here recently about putting it off until the last ride of the night and enjoying a drink or snack and I loved that idea. Do you usually follow the same morning plan or change things up? If you have a typical plan, have you changed them to find a happier or better way to start the day?

We go wherever we are feeling like riding that day. I’ve done the rush to pp. I’ve done the mad dash to rsr or midway mania.

Depends if we’re going into dL on a mm.

We are frequent visitors as in a few multi-day trips a year. We only occasionally ride Peter Pan at all during our visits because while it's a nice little ride it's not often to us worth either the mad morning rush or the 45 minute later-in-the-day wait although we have experienced both. We generally pick the park without early entry. DL we usually start in Fantasyland or Tomorrowland. If Fantasyland, Alice first, then Toad, then whatever else still has low lines that catch our fancy, then off to a different land for either a short line or a fastpass redemption. A Tomorrowland start usually means one of us really wants to start the day with Space, Star Tours, or Buzz, and we move on from there.

If we start in DCA, we grab a fastpass for something immediately and then usually ride Toy Story or Luigi's and/or Mater.

Since the kids are now teenagers with phones, if anyone doesn't feel like making rope drop, they can sleep in the room until they are ready to go to the parks. I love riding the train first thing in to morning, DH loves getting on Space Mountain and Star Tours first thing. Since we usually stay on site, we will ride a couple with each other then split up for a bit!

"Nothing is worse than an itch you can never scratch" Roy Batty

Unfortunately , Peter Pan is that itch, I can't explain it, it must be first and I must participate in the pageantry of boarding first thing in the morning. How I wish I could do something else first rope drop in the morning.....Alas Jessica Rabbit said it best......

At DL, I used to always start in Fantasyland, but I realized no one in my family really loves Fantasyland rides except for the ones with a relatively short wait most of the time. So, now, most of the time we start in Adventureland and work our way around in a circle, or Tomorrowland and work the opposite way. I haven't been on Peter Pan since right after the most recent refurb, which wasn't really anything special in my opinion. The only appeal is "flying" in a boat. Otherwise, it's not worth wasting the precious morning hours on it.

On a DCA first day (usually when there's MM at DL) we used to start in Carsland. Sometimes, we still do this. But, now we usually just grab FP for RSR and then go to either Soarin', GotG, or even Monster's Inc. if the kids really want to.

My kids are getting older and we had AP's for the first time this year, so instead of the mad dash to fantasyland, we do whatever they want. It has been fun to go with the flow, but on our last trip that is coming up in a few weeks, I'm already warning them that we are doing one morning starting with the mad dash to fantasyland. Just for me. I think there is something exciting about it, even if the rides aren't thrilling. Once the lines build up, I won't do fantasyland even though it is very nostalgic.

We have changed from going straight to fastpass for Space Mountain then riding Star Tours, to going to FrontierLand and AdventureLand rides. We wait to do Tomorrowland to later in the day with fastpasses.
We only do Fantasyland rides when we have Magic Morning since the kiddos are teens now.

We just finished up a year of APs in March and aside from our first two trips (5 total) we didn’t start the day in Fantasyland. In fact, we have never started in Tomorrowland since the rides we like there all have FP. I found I really liked starting the day in DL with PoTC and Haunted Mansion, then usually we would grab some mickey beignets before our first ride booked with MP. Usually BTMRR. I just love the feel on that side of the park for the first couple hours.
We always made a point to hit up Fantasyland later in the day, but usually only 2-3 rides, depending on lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter