How I got my Haunted Mansion Dooney Bag!

nkushch

Earning My Ears
My amazingly beautiful early birthday present to myself arrived today. As such, I wanted to share how I found it for those still waiting.

On the Disney Store website, search for 7501055880089P. That will take you directly to the purse. I bookmarked that page and stalked it night and day for weeks on end.

Now, I don't officially know when they release the bags. I happened to get lucky on Tuesday November 13th at 10:42pm (PST). I know it became live sometime after 8:00pm and was sold out sometime before 8:00am the next morning.

The bag shipped 3 days later on the 16th and arrive today the 22nd. It is much lighter in color than I expected and bigger!

I hope this info helps out someone and everyone gets a bag soon!! Enjoy :thumbsup2

Thanks, I've been visiting the online store daily... I hope it comes back in stock soon. I've never been tempted to spend so much on a purse before!!

OK, I've seen the tip, thank you very much! :worship:

Now can you remove this post so I won't have as much competition. J/K.. kind of. :)

Ooooh! Those bags are so pretty... I am glad you were able to snag one!
(I've been stalking the website myself, trying to get one of the Disneyland Poster calendars - silly me, I waited to order too long and now they're gone!) ...But that bag IS drool-worthy! Congrats!

I wish that they would make a small crossbody style bag in that print. I would loooove one, but those bags are just way too big for me!

briggscreek said:
I wish that they would make a small crossbody style bag in that print. I would loooove one, but those bags are just way too big for me!

I like your idea for a cross body bag with the demon wall paper too. And would love to have something like it as well.

My amazingly beautiful early birthday present to myself arrived today. As such, I wanted to share how I found it for those still waiting. On the Disney Store website, search for 7501055880089P. That will take you directly to the purse. I bookmarked that page and stalked it night and day for weeks on end. Now, I don't officially know when they release the bags. I happened to get lucky on Tuesday November 13th at 10:42pm (PST). I know it became live sometime after 8:00pm and was sold out sometime before 8:00am the next morning. The bag shipped 3 days later on the 16th and arrive today the 22nd. It is much lighter in color than I expected and bigger! I hope this info helps out someone and everyone gets a bag soon!! Enjoy :thumbsup2
I want to thank you for sharing this information. I was lucky enough to be able to buy the purse tonight. I'm sick with the flu but wide awake so I was checking the online store yet again to see if it was available and to my amazement it was. I jumped out of bed to grab the credit card and hurried to check out fearing it would sell out before I could even type my information. When I climbed back in bed all my Husband said was "let me guess, your purse was available"

Now here is why I am so grateful for your post. Looking thru the mobile site the purse doesn't show at all. Even on the full site if you look thru the dooneys it isn't there. The only way I am able to see it now that it's available is searching for the item number. I had been watching the mobile site and searching just for dooney purses prior to reading your post. After I got the item number from you I started checking that page and always saw the big red "sold out". Tonight it said "add to cart". I believe had I not known to search for the item number I would have never seen it. So a big heartfelt thank you! I actually registered for these boards just to say thank you. I've been trying to get this purse since day one and I live about 2 hours always from DL and never had any luck checking Vault28 either. So really,again, I can't thank you enough!

Congrats! I know many have been looking for some time. I can't believe how few they released, and so glad I got the wife her's on opening day.

I was able to snag one of these haunted mansion purses as well with the help of the item number. Sure enough it sold out in 10 minutes. So you have to be fast and you have to check constantly. I put the link in my favorites so I could check any time I'm on the computer. After midnight MST was the winning time for me. I've been lucky enough to get the Small World and Haunted Mansion bags within 2 months of each other. :)

Has anyone else noticed that the 3rd picture of the bag on the store's website has changed? Its showing a purple interior now, not red like it used to be. Is this a sign of a mass release? Has Disney finally listened to all of our requests and will be making this lovely bag available again? :wishes:

Has anyone else noticed that the 3rd picture of the bag on the store's website has changed? Its showing a purple interior now, not red like it used to be. Is this a sign of a mass release? Has Disney finally listened to all of our requests and will be making this lovely bag available again? :wishes:
I just noticed that too! I wish it would have been purple when I got mine. But I guess maybe if they do release it again in purple then the original red would be even more rare.

Has anyone recently received their bag?

Has anyone recently been able to purchase their bag?

One of the HM bags listed on e-bay right now is lined in purple. I'm thinking a re-release, and if the rumor mill is correct... in other sizes as well, is coming. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later and more stock will be available this time.

As some sent their back to Dooney for repair and it came back as a brand new bag with the purple lining. Definitely makes me thing there will be a re-release mind I am hoping for other styles too!

Hey everyone! I'm new here but I've been stalking for awhile. :hippie:

I have recently become overly obsessed with Disney Dooney bags. I heard about them a few years ago and I am KICKING myself for not buying one. I'm a thrifty shopper so I depend on thrift shops and eBay to get my bag fix. Then a Disney Dooney could be bought for ~$100. Now that doesn't seem to be the norm. I don't own one yet but I WILL own that haunted mansion bag. Let me explain!

This bag was a limited release (supposedly) I don't know if it was truly limited or it just sold out fast. It was originally made with a red lining.

People who bought this bag noticed problems. Stitching came out, piping popped off etc. They sent the bag back to Dooney. Dooney has excellent customer service and guarantees their bags. They either replace the bag or offer 40% off a new bag at what that bag retailed for. So if your bag retailed for $300, they would send you a voucher for 40% off a $300 purchase.

People started to send in their HM bags because of issues. It happens...Well in return they received bags with purple lining instead of red lining.

It is being speculated that Disney is going to release these bags again sometimes this Fall. Probably around October Novemberish....

They originally retailed for $330. I don't know if that'll be the same now as prices have begun to rise on Disney Dooney bags.

I hope this helps! I LOVE these bags. It's my HG bag for sure. Like I said I don't have any Disney Dooney yet but I lust over them. I am a purse lover all around so I like to research different brands and just be...knowledgable.

If I hear anymore information, I'll let you guys know!

They really are on sale again, but "sold out" on online store. Really....think that WDW store website is probably buying them all!!! Not right

They have been re-released in limited quantity. I got mine yesterday at the Fortuosity Shop on Main Street during an Annual Passholder event in Disneyland. They only had a few of them. The cast member behind the counter said they started the evening with six bags, and there was one left after I bought mine halfway through the event, and he had no idea if/when they would get more.

They only had the one style (Smith Bag), and mine has purple lining. It's the same one that shows "Sold Out" when you search for the 7501055880089P item number in the online Disney Store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter