How much is too much?

My mother in law tried to make me drink some Mogan David Concord wine last weekend - it was like Welch's grape juice. I think she really hates me.

My all time favorite wine is Johannesburg Riesling. We used to live near the Monterey vineyards in California and they made a good one. It was on the way home from Ft. Ord so we used to stop for wine tasting when we went to the Commissary.

We go through wine like water - I especially like a bone dry wine - red or white. We've gotten wines locally lately from a bunch of boutique wineries from Seneca lake down to Erie, PA. I think there's well over 100 wineries in the area. There's a small winery on Seneca Lake called Slate Winery that has an incredible Cabernet that's so dry it's like you're drinking smoke. I have 2 bottles left from half a case we bought 2 years ago and they've had problems since then so I'm not sure we'll ever be able to get it again.

There's another bunch of wineries up in the Niagara Peninsula in Ontario that are very, very good.

I like wine almost as much as beer.

One of my roomies from college used to work summers at the Taylor winery in Hammondsport. Part of his pay was in wine. He used to bring back cases of it. We thought we were pretty sophisticated back then - before dinner wines, dinner wines, dessert wines. We hosted some pretty good wine tasting parties, too. We have a local winery here that is pretty good - Clover Hill. Another is Boeshore winery which makes some kind of unique wines - different berry wines.

Drinking wine and watching Chisum, an old John Wayne movie. Man they don't make 'em like that anymore.

I'm half watching Big Trouble in Little China. The more wine I drink, the better the movie gets. I just had a couple pieces of semi sweet dark chocolate with the Merlot, man that is GOOD.

We picked ours up from the Premise Maid factory down the road. They have some great chocolate. I'll bring some when we come down in October.

You two are scaring me :scared1: LOL

I am starting to get into wine as well, we are only a couple hrs from Erie, and all the wineries.... I want to go "tasting" this summer. We have a local one called volant, I like some of theirs as well.

My wife and I did a wine tasting trip many years ago in the NY Finger lakes region - it was a blast, but not sure if I was driving legally too much.

I have had 3 tests, not one of them said the same thing, I have been to 3 doctors, not one of them have said the same thing....

So if you go by one test and one doc, I got a couple days to live LOL, and by another, I am almost as healthy as a half dead horse!

So I am just confused and frustrated, lol.

Other than that, just trying to organize a camping trip.

And there lies the problem with second opinions (or third or fourth). Unless they confirm what the first guy says, it leaves you to decide who to believe.

I feel for ya John. I hope they get together and figure out what to do. As for the camping trip planning is half the fun.

Al, as long as I am not in the hospital.... we are planning on coming up your way again before too long, I hope we can get together for a beer or wine... etc

And Jim, we want to go to Gettysburg at some point so maybe we can meet up with you as well.

:thumbsup2

Just be sure to leave enough room in the truck for all the Merlot and dark chocolate.

Al, as long as I am not in the hospital.... we are planning on coming up your way again before too long, I hope we can get together for a beer or wine... etc

And Jim, we want to go to Gettysburg at some point so maybe we can meet up with you as well.

:thumbsup2

I'd like that.

Gettysburg too. The last time I was there was 7 years ago -I love to walk the battlefield. Pickett's charge is just plain spooky walking towards the angle. Gives me goose bumps every time.

I'm running out of vacation though. My youngest daughter is due next week so I gotta save time for that too. 4th grand child!

Jim and Al, we actually have a wine and beer tasting bar here...I have a spare room and y'all can come down and partake in the establishment....

I hear it is very, very good.....:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter