How Much To Charge For Studio @ Bw

THEDISFANS

Mouseketeer
We are going to be going to WDW in Oct with freinds. We will be getting 2 studios @ the Boardwalk. We will be useing our DVC. We planned to charge our friends for their studio I thought $400.00 was fair for 5 nights. Does that sound right?

We are going to be going to WDW in Oct with freinds. We will be getting 2 studios @ the Boardwalk. We will be useing our DVC. We planned to charge our friends for their studio I thought $400.00 was fair for 5 nights. Does that sound right?

Rack rate for the studio is $403.88 per night. Assuming a Sun-Thurs night stay, the points are 12 per night. 23 points each night for the weekend nights. So, renting the points would cost them anywhere from $600 to $820 for the five nights.

So, anything below $600 is likely to be a very good deal for them, especially since BW can be a difficult reservation in October (depending on the time of the month). If there are two of you, then having them pay for the DDP for the two of you for the five nights would come out to about the same amount you are talking about, and allow you to say you are "treating them" to their studio. $400 is not unfair at all. $500 would also be fair and be a "round" $100 per night and still give them a great deal.

If they are 'good' friends, I like Dr. P's $100.00 per night.

Otherwise, I'd charge $32,856.23 US.

-Tony

ps get the money upfront so they don't bail @ the last minute & leave you holding the bag lol...have seen far too many posts of this situtation.

ps get the money upfront so they don't bail @ the last minute & leave you holding the bag lol...have seen far too many posts of this situtation.

I've booked a room for friends this summer and told them they in no way had to give me any money for it by the last business day of MAY ( my last day to 100% bank ) but I told them if they didn't I was canceling the reservations and banking my points!

I love them , but I'm not " throwing " points away on them.

$10.00 per point is a good price for friends and family. It covers your dues and return for the investment.

I don't charge my friends, but they usually do treat for a nice dinner or dinner show.

you are kind & generous souls...can i be your friend:)

i just think most folks don't "get" the part about the banking restrictions, etc.; think they can cancel the same as a hotel.

My friend is going this Thanksgiving with DVC members, who must have a lot of points. They are getting a two bedroom for their family, for my friend and four other families they are giving them each a studio. a two bedroom and five studios, all I can say is they re lucky to have so many points, and my friend is lucky to have such a generous friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter