Hubby got a Camera & I got Christmas!!! 51 Chapters Completed!! 926 Pics!

Chapter Thirty Eight~~More Parade!!

I think these are the cutest little snowmen/women I've ever seen!!

854-1.jpg

855-1.jpg

856-1.jpg

857-1.jpg

Here comes the frozen pond with Minnie & Mickey ice skating on it. Another one of those things I found hard to get a good picture of.

858-1.jpg

859-1.jpg

860-1.jpg

861-1.jpg

Poor Eeyore...........

862-1.jpg

Here come the Gingerbread Men!! If you've ever seen Shrek (I know, I know....not a Disney movie)....I can't help but think of "Not the gumdrop buttons!!" (in a very high whiny voice)........ :rotfl2:

864-1.jpg

865-1.jpg

866-1.jpg

867-1.jpg

868-1.jpg

869-1.jpg

870-1.jpg

871-1.jpg

Nice to see Clarabell Cow more often these days! I guess her exposure on the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is making her more popular these days.

There's still More, More, More Parade to come!!

Chapter Thirty Nine~~More, More More Parade!!

Following the Gingerbread Men, was Goofy & Max baking up a storm!

873-1.jpg

875-1.jpg

876-1.jpg

I think the funniest part of the entire parade has got to be the Wicked Step-Mother & Ugly Step-sisters......they are really comical. Reminds me of my young days when I played one of the ugly step-sisters in a theme park here in Oregon. We did a spoof of Cinderella & this really brought it back for me.

878-1.jpg

880-1.jpg

882-1.jpg

All the royalty......if I could just get these couples to stop dancing & spinning....heavy sigh, oh well......their float was gorgeous.....the photos don't give it justice at all!

881-1.jpg

883-1.jpg

889-1.jpg

890-1.jpg

891-1.jpg

Here comes Toyland & Chip-n-Dale!!

893-1.jpg

896-1.jpg

897-1.jpg

898-1.jpg

899-1.jpg

900-1.jpg

901-1.jpg

I know who's coming up next.......Santa!!

Chapter Forty~~Santa!!

The elves & the wrapping machine ran by Geppetto & Pinocchio.

904-1.jpg

905-1.jpg

906-1.jpg

907-1.jpg

908-1.jpg

909-1.jpg

910-1.jpg

Buzz Lightyear & the Aliens:

912-1.jpg

The Seven Dwarfs.....always fun!!

914-1.jpg

915-1.jpg

916-1.jpg

917-1.jpg

920-1.jpg

921-1.jpg

Here come the reindeer!!!!!!!

923-1.jpg

925-1.jpg

It's Santa!!!!

926-1.jpg

927-1.jpg

Of course with Santa making his appearance....it means the parade has now come to an end!

930-1.jpg

932-1.jpg

933-1.jpg

I wish I would have had the opportunity to see this parade during the daytime too.....that way I could have gotten better pics, but this parade is very special to see at night, especially with Small World as your back drop!!

It's A Small World After All will be our next installment.

I guess no one has been able to capture a picture of the hidden Mickey snowdrift on the floor of the ballroom scene in Haunted Mansion Holiday thus far. I don't think I have ever seen that hidden Mickey in a photo - and that goes for any kind of photo, whether it be from a DSLR or point & shoot. It is very hard to get, I would imagine, because once the hidden Mickey becomes visible, the riders in the Doom Buggies are already focused on the gingerbread house centerpiece. But it was definitely there this year, on the floor. Did you see it?

I can't recall - have you spotted that Monkey Bride that everyone talks about during Haunted Mansion Holiday (or during Haunted Mansion)? The funny thing is that, for the longest time, when I only saw references to "the Monkey Bride," some people didn't believe it was really in Haunted Mansion at all, and it was almost this kind of mythical creature because no one could ever find it. And then some folks wondered why a monkey bride was in the ride at all. Why a monkey? I always saw mention of this Monkey Bride and finally I read someone's notation that it was in the attic, but I had absolutely no clue where it was in the attic, or on which side of the ride.

I never looked for this darn Monkey Bride on any DLR trip at all until this recent one a few weeks ago, and all I knew was that it was somewhere in the attic. So I found a spot that felt 'warm' to me (meaning I had a hunch something was there), and turned around, looked towards the back...and there it was! I found the Bride on my first try!!

I can see how finding that Bride would be hard if you look to the wrong side or don't look back, but I thought it was amusing that so many people who are trying to find it cannot find it, and I found it the first time I looked!:rotfl2: It would be hard to point out to someone, though, because once you see it you are past it, and if your fellow rider is on the opposite side of the vehicle it will be easy for them to miss.

Now...speaking of hidden things in the ride and hidden Mickeys...looking at your photos of the colorful presents in the attic (I should have copied one of them here to this post to illustrate my point), I could swear there is a hidden Mickey in the shot - actually I spotted the same hidden Mickey-ish shape in at least 2 of your pictures. He is not on one of the colorful presents itself. The shape that looks (to me) as if it has some Mickey-ness to it is kind of in the background, on the left side of the photo, in the shadows - and I cannot tell what kind of object it is that the shape is on (is it a clock? Is it a radio? Is it a chest or crate or present? What is it?). The ears - IF it is a hidden Mickey - are a little rough. They are not perfect circles. But that has never stopped sneaky Disney from inserting hidden Mickeys into things before. So I am not sure - I wonder if it is an intentional hidden Mickey or not?

I guess no one has been able to capture a picture of the hidden Mickey snowdrift on the floor of the ballroom scene in Haunted Mansion Holiday thus far. I don't think I have ever seen that hidden Mickey in a photo - and that goes for any kind of photo, whether it be from a DSLR or point & shoot. It is very hard to get, I would imagine, because once the hidden Mickey becomes visible, the riders in the Doom Buggies are already focused on the gingerbread house centerpiece. But it was definitely there this year, on the floor. Did you see it?

I can't recall - have you spotted that Monkey Bride that everyone talks about during Haunted Mansion Holiday (or during Haunted Mansion)? The funny thing is that, for the longest time, when I only saw references to "the Monkey Bride," some people didn't believe it was really in Haunted Mansion at all, and it was almost this kind of mythical creature because no one could ever find it. And then some folks wondered why a monkey bride was in the ride at all. Why a monkey? I always saw mention of this Monkey Bride and finally I read someone's notation that it was in the attic, but I had absolutely no clue where it was in the attic, or on which side of the ride.

I never looked for this darn Monkey Bride on any DLR trip at all until this recent one a few weeks ago, and all I knew was that it was somewhere in the attic. So I found a spot that felt 'warm' to me (meaning I had a hunch something was there), and turned around, looked towards the back...and there it was! I found the Bride on my first try!!

I can see how finding that Bride would be hard if you look to the wrong side or don't look back, but I thought it was amusing that so many people who are trying to find it cannot find it, and I found it the first time I looked!:rotfl2: It would be hard to point out to someone, though, because once you see it you are past it, and if your fellow rider is on the opposite side of the vehicle it will be easy for them to miss.

Now...speaking of hidden things in the ride and hidden Mickeys...looking at your photos of the colorful presents in the attic (I should have copied one of them here to this post to illustrate my point), I could swear there is a hidden Mickey in the shot - actually I spotted the same hidden Mickey-ish shape in at least 2 of your pictures. He is not on one of the colorful presents itself. The shape that looks (to me) as if it has some Mickey-ness to it is kind of in the background, on the left side of the photo, in the shadows - and I cannot tell what kind of object it is that the shape is on (is it a clock? Is it a radio? Is it a chest or crate or present? What is it?). The ears - IF it is a hidden Mickey - are a little rough. They are not perfect circles. But that has never stopped sneaky Disney from inserting hidden Mickeys into things before. So I am not sure - I wonder if it is an intentional hidden Mickey or not?

I've seen pics of the Monkey Bride & was even told where to look, but I forgot & I don't know the Haunted Mansion well enough to know where we paused was the attic....so there you go.....me trying to find it would be almost impossible......probably a good thing it's not an obsession of mine to locate it....... :rotfl2:

So the hidden Mickey you speak of is it this?????

768-2.jpg

Funny how you spotted that & I didn't.....guess I should actually stop & look at my pics.....lol

Yes, that's it! My eyes went right to it. Again, I have no way of knowing if it is an intentional hidden Mickey placed there by the sneaky Disney people - like the snowdrift hidden Mickey on the ballroom floor is intentional - or if it is just an accidental Mickey-esque shape. I sometimes think they put in shapes that appear to possibly be hidden Mickeys (but aren't really official hidden Mickeys) just to throw us off. I have not seen it in HMH before, but I have never taken any photos inside the ride. Seeing a still photo draws my attention to certain things that I would miss while in the moving Doom Buggy.

The snowdrift hidden Mickey in the ballroom was, if I recall correctly, not there last year on at least one of my rides on HMH. This year it was back again, but it moved over a bit. I have just never seen it anyone's photos so I wonder if people are missing it.

I think that what is working against the people who are trying to look for the Monkey Bride is that they are trying to look for it. If they are exerting effort to look for it and they spend 2 seconds too long looking in the wrong spot, they will miss seeing it in the correct spot. I had never read any instructions on where to find it. All I knew was that it was somewhere in the attic - which could have been anywhere. I just got lucky in that I happened to turn around at the right time, in the correct spot, and look to the left and back, and caught it. If I had looked ahead or to the right at that point, I would have missed it. If I had actually tried to catch it and spent any time looking for it, I would have missed it, I'm sure.

Yes, that's it! My eyes went right to it. Again, I have no way of knowing if it is an intentional hidden Mickey placed there by the sneaky Disney people - like the snowdrift hidden Mickey on the ballroom floor is intentional - or if it is just an accidental Mickey-esque shape. I sometimes think they put in shapes that appear to possibly be hidden Mickeys (but aren't really official hidden Mickeys) just to throw us off. I have not seen it in HMH before, but I have never taken any photos inside the ride. Seeing a still photo draws my attention to certain things that I would miss while in the moving Doom Buggy.

The snowdrift hidden Mickey in the ballroom was, if I recall correctly, not there last year on at least one of my rides on HMH. This year it was back again, but it moved over a bit. I have just never seen it anyone's photos so I wonder if people are missing it.

I think that what is working against the people who are trying to look for the Monkey Bride is that they are trying to look for it. If they are exerting effort to look for it and they spend 2 seconds too long looking in the wrong spot, they will miss seeing it in the correct spot. I had never read any instructions on where to find it. All I knew was that it was somewhere in the attic - which could have been anywhere. I just got lucky in that I happened to turn around at the right time, in the correct spot, and look to the left and back, and caught it. If I had looked ahead or to the right at that point, I would have missed it. If I had actually tried to catch it and spent any time looking for it, I would have missed it, I'm sure.

I miss a ton of things because I'm looking at the world thru the small camera screen......but it is fun to go back & have new things pointed out that I missed even when looking at my photos.

I wasn't aware of the ballroom hidden Mickey & I would have missed it I'm sure. I would need to do multiple rides over & over to spot some of things people talk about.

We have one of those hidden Mickey books & the boys have taken interest in finding some of them....but I haven't started that hobby yet.

Sometimes other people have noticed things in my photos over the years that I didn't see up front. It happens when we take thousands upon thousands of photos, of all sorts of things - eventually we miss certain things in our own pictures that other people will see.

That's what's great about photos and about different people viewing the photos - many people will see or be struck by different things! One person will take away something different from a photo than what someone else took from it.

But that 'shape' may just be a coincidental Mickey-esque shape. Without an in-depth investigation and another ride on HMH to see if we can catch the shape up close, we won't know if it was intentional or not. It could just be a fluke.

I like the Hidden Mickey book because it's a good general guideline, but fortunately they don't give the locations of all of the hidden Mickeys in the parks - only some of them. As my friend Shawn pointed out, most of the fun is in just discovering them as a surprise, without knowing they are there (we discovered one or two in the Little Mermaid queue and that got us talking about them).

Sometimes other people have noticed things in my photos over the years that I didn't see up front. It happens when we take thousands upon thousands of photos, of all sorts of things - eventually we miss certain things in our own pictures that other people will see.

That's what's great about photos and about different people viewing the photos - many people will see or be struck by different things! One person will take away something different from a photo than what someone else took from it.

But that 'shape' may just be a coincidental Mickey-esque shape. Without an in-depth investigation and another ride on HMH to see if we can catch the shape up close, we won't know if it was intentional or not. It could just be a fluke.

I like the Hidden Mickey book because it's a good general guideline, but fortunately they don't give the locations of all of the hidden Mickeys in the parks - only some of them. As my friend Shawn pointed out, most of the fun is in just discovering them as a surprise, without knowing they are there (we discovered one or two in the Little Mermaid queue and that got us talking about them).

Very true.....I love when someone points out something I totally missed!!! It's probably a Mickey clock....who knows.....maybe someone else will have seen it or have a picture or will ride before it goes away for the season & we can get an answer!!!

A lot of the ones in the book aren't visible anyways.....you need a flashlight, or need to be able to cross the "velvet ropes" to get a glimpse of it....so the random ones, that may or may not be "hidden" are the fun ones!!

Very true.....I love when someone points out something I totally missed!!! It's probably a Mickey clock....who knows.....maybe someone else will have seen it or have a picture or will ride before it goes away for the season & we can get an answer!!! A lot of the ones in the book aren't visible anyways.....you need a flashlight, or need to be able to cross the "velvet ropes" to get a glimpse of it....so the random ones, that may or may not be "hidden" are the fun ones!!
O.K, I've gotta go back to that whole beer shack thing. Let's think about this. How did Club 33 get it's name? It was because Walt did not want an alcohol permit associated with Disneyland so he applied for it as W.E.D enterprises 33 Royal St. Anaheim. I seriously doubt that as Walt watched his daughters play on the carousel that fateful day he thought "man I wish I had a beer 'bout now" Exit soapbox now

O.K, I've gotta go back to that whole beer shack thing. Let's think about this. How did Club 33 get it's name? It was because Walt did not want an alcohol permit associated with Disneyland so he applied for it as W.E.D enterprises 33 Royal St. Anaheim. I seriously doubt that as Walt watched his daughters play on the carousel that fateful day he thought "man I wish I had a beer 'bout now" Exit soapbox now

:lmao: Yeah, what he said!!! :rotfl:

wow, that parade looks so cool

We did see the Christmas parade 2 years ago at WDW, but I do not remember seeing half the stuff I saw in the DL parade

wow, that parade looks so cool

We did see the Christmas parade 2 years ago at WDW, but I do not remember seeing half the stuff I saw in the DL parade

It's a cute parade!! I'm not sure that the parade at WDW is the same as the one at DL......maybe they are?? :confused3

Chapter Forty One~~It's a Small World!!

Pictures outside the ride taken from the boat.

935.jpg

936.jpg

942.jpg

943.jpg

The topiaries all lit up.

937.jpg

938.jpg

940.jpg

941.jpg

944.jpg

As you enter the building.

945.jpg

946.jpg

947.jpg

948.jpg

Since I'm really bad about knowing what countries what.....I will just post the pics from the ride without a lot of commentary!!

949.jpg

950.jpg

951.jpg

952.jpg

953.jpg

954.jpg

955.jpg

956.jpg

957.jpg

958.jpg

959.jpg

I was enjoying the holiday version of the ride....its cheery & who can't help but tap your foot & sing along to Jingle Bells?? Not this guy!!!! (gal.....lol)

More Small World Holiday to come!

Chapter Forty Two~~More Small World Holiday!!

Ok so we're back at it.......Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle All the Way........

961.jpg

962.jpg

963.jpg

964.jpg

965.jpg

966.jpg

967.jpg

968.jpg

969.jpg

970.jpg

971.jpg

972.jpg

973.jpg

974.jpg

975.jpg

976.jpg

977.jpg

978.jpg

979.jpg

980.jpg

981.jpg

982.jpg

You guessed it....even more Small World to come!!

Chapter Forty Three~~Even More Small World Holiday!!

Are you enjoying all the holiday decorations, sweet treats & music....oh that's right, you can't hear Jingle Bells being sung over & over again.....well imagine it while you browse thru the next installment.

983.jpg

984.jpg

985.jpg

986.jpg

987.jpg

988.jpg

989.jpg

990.jpg

991.jpg

992.jpg

993.jpg

994.jpg

995.jpg

996.jpg

Can you spot the bobblehead Elvis???

997.jpg

998.jpg

999.jpg

1000.jpg

Has the Jingle Bell song started to take over your thoughts & become an earworm yet?? Well if not, you'll be glad to hear that there's still more, more, more Small World to come!!!

Chapter Forty Four~~More, More, More Small World!!

Jingle Bells.....I said, Jingle Bells......I said, Jingle All the Way (trying to jazz it up a bit)

1001.jpg

1003.jpg

1004.jpg

1005.jpg

1006.jpg

1007.jpg

1008.jpg

1009.jpg

1010.jpg

1011.jpg

1012.jpg

1013.jpg

1014.jpg

1015.jpg

1016.jpg

1017.jpg

1018.jpg

1019.jpg

1020.jpg

1021.jpg

1022.jpg

1023.jpg

This set of installments is just like this ride, it just keeps going & going,.....I believe we have one more round to go!!

Chapter Forty Five~~One More Time!!!

Jingle, Jingle, Jingle, JINGLE, JINGLE.......... I didn't mind hearing that over & over......of course, I love the holidays, so I LOVE the music!!!!

1024.jpg

1025.jpg

1026.jpg

1027.jpg

1029.jpg

1030.jpg

Back out in the real world.

1031.jpg

1032.jpg

1033.jpg

1034.jpg

1035.jpg

1036.jpg

1037.jpg

So this completes the tour around the Small World!! It also concluded our Holiday Tour. Our Tour Guide, Allison, got us all on the ride but was long gone when we got off. Kinda weird to get off the ride & then it was done.

The tour was really worth taking the time for & the cost. I really enjoyed it & loved getting right on the HMH & IASWH. Getting front row seats to the parade was awesome!! The cocoa & cookie were delicious & I loved the pin we got.

Next time I'll bring you: The Text!

All caught up! Lots and lots of great photos! You got so many good ones of inside IASW. I couldn't get any for the life of me! Did you just use a point and shoot or did you have Mikes fancy new camera?

Looks like that tour was really good, despite the head phone part. I loved your spot in the parade. And those snowmen are sooo cute. I love snowmen.

I agree with you about the Electrical Parade. It needs to be brought back. If we go to WDW in the spring, I am making it a priority to see it, that's for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter