Hubby got a Camera & I got Christmas!!! 51 Chapters Completed!! 926 Pics!

And a picture of the pin I hope.....:goodvibes

I have a few pin pics to share & the boys Christmas gifts that I bought at Off the Page......check the next post!!

All caught up! Lots and lots of great photos! You got so many good ones of inside IASW. I couldn't get any for the life of me! Did you just use a point and shoot or did you have Mikes fancy new camera?

Looks like that tour was really good, despite the head phone part. I loved your spot in the parade. And those snowmen are sooo cute. I love snowmen.

I agree with you about the Electrical Parade. It needs to be brought back. If we go to WDW in the spring, I am making it a priority to see it, that's for sure.

:lmao: Me have Mike's new camera......... :rotfl2: No, it was here at home with him. I take dark & moving pictures in the ISO 3200 setting....so faster shutter speed (? I think) The first trip I did this, I got so many great pics, but each trip since has gotten really grainy & not as good quality.....weird!

The tour was fabulous & would do it every holiday season I go to from now on......totally worth it for all the perks!!!

I really miss the Electrical Parade!!! :sad1:

So Michele reminded me that I hadn't taken any pics of the new pins I got, including the one from the tour.......so here goes.

I'm not sure what the dealio is with my camera, but I'm having serious blur issues lately & it's starting to upset me!!!! Oh well.......

So this is the pin from the Holiday Tour. Like I said, I looked at the pin in it's plastic baggie when they handed them out & then safely tucked it inside my bag. When I got home & went to put it in my pin bag......I realized it had dangly legs......lol

045.jpg

Here are a couple more Christmas pins I got this trip:

046.jpg

I of course had to get the Little Mermaid pin for the new ride!!

048.jpg

And anytime I stay onsite, I get a pin for the hotel.....well bonus......PPH & Christmas!!

047.jpg

Now that the 3 boys have opened their gifts I picked up from them at Off the Page on my trip, I can now share what I got them.

Derek wanted something in Retro Mickey........he thought this definitely fit the bill!!

051.jpg

Tyler likes the Haunted Mansion, but the sketch artists don't do the hitchhiking ghosts.....so I had to go with a print for him.

050.jpg

Nick & his fiance, Marie love the Nightmare Before Christmas.....so a sketch of Jack was in order!!

049.jpg

Derek & Nick's sketches were done by the artist on duty that morning. You pick what you want, if you want it in B/W or color, any personalization, etc. One character is $35 & I believe it was $25 for each addt'l character (please don't quote me on that). It's really neat to have a sketch done that isn't cleaned up & done just for you. Awesome collectible artwork.

They have all sorts of prints here as well, which is where I picked Ty's up from. I could spend tons of money here.... cool prints of attractions & characters & even some old b/w of Walt.

So Michele reminded me that I hadn't taken any pics of the new pins I got, including the one from the tour.......so here goes.

I'm not sure what the dealio is with my camera, but I'm having serious blur issues lately & it's starting to upset me!!!! Oh well.......

So this is the pin from the Holiday Tour. Like I said, I looked at the pin in it's plastic baggie when they handed them out & then safely tucked it inside my bag. When I got home & went to put it in my pin bag......I realized it had dangly legs......lol

045.jpg

Here are a couple more Christmas pins I got this trip:

046.jpg

I of course had to get the Little Mermaid pin for the new ride!!

048.jpg

And anytime I stay onsite, I get a pin for the hotel.....well bonus......PPH & Christmas!!

047.jpg

Now that the 3 boys have opened their gifts I picked up from them at Off the Page on my trip, I can now share what I got them.

Derek wanted something in Retro Mickey........he thought this definitely fit the bill!!

051.jpg

Tyler likes the Haunted Mansion, but the sketch artists don't do the hitchhiking ghosts.....so I had to go with a print for him.

050.jpg

Nick & his fiance, Marie love the Nightmare Before Christmas.....so a sketch of Jack was in order!!

049.jpg

Derek & Nick's sketches were done by the artist on duty that morning. You pick what you want, if you want it in B/W or color, any personalization, etc. One character is $35 & I believe it was $25 for each addt'l character (please don't quote me on that). It's really neat to have a sketch done that isn't cleaned up & done just for you. Awesome collectible artwork.

They have all sorts of prints here as well, which is where I picked Ty's up from. I could spend tons of money here.... cool prints of attractions & characters & even some old b/w of Walt.

Oh very cool!! I love the pin from the tour. How adorable!!

wow, the inside of small world is awesome and must be so big

Loved all the pics. How cool they play Jingle Bells during the ride :santa:

Great pins and such cool drawings.

Where do they have people doing the drawings? Out on the street or are they at a shop somewhere?

Loved the update Laurie!! I have some good Small World pictures.

Thanx Kaitlin!!!

Oh very cool!! I love the pin from the tour. How adorable!!

It is a cute pin!!

wow, the inside of small world is awesome and must be so big

Loved all the pics. How cool they play Jingle Bells during the ride :santa:

Great pins and such cool drawings.

Where do they have people doing the drawings? Out on the street or are they at a shop somewhere?

Small World is huge inside.....& they fill every inch of it!

The sketches were done at the store "Off the Page" which sells artwork, prints, collectibles, etc right next to the Animation Building in the Hollywood Backlots of Disney's California Adventure.

Remember, too - just for anyone reading this who has never been on It's a Small World Holiday - it's not only "Jingle Bells" that is sung in the ride. The dolls also sing "Deck the Halls" for quite a while, too, interspersed with the regular IASW theme song!

Within each 'scene' of the ride you may hear variations of the songs, such as "Jingle Shells" sung in Ariel's underwater scene, or a bit of a twangy instrumental in the American/Old West scene with Woody, etc.

And, of course, there are scents piped into the ride - like gingerbread (which doesn't really smell like gingerbread to me) and often times peppermint in that candy factory scene with the candy canes and other stuff hanging overhead, and a balsam-type smell when you pass by the Christmas tree with candles on it (I think it's that tree and not another tree in the ride).

So there are many layers and levels of sensory overload :-)rotfl2:assault!:rotfl2:) going on in IASW Holiday!:laughing:

Cute pins! I like the tour pin with the Toy Soldier a lot. And I like that the tour people still get a different version of the gingerbread cookie with ears (meaning ears with different-colored frosting) - now that DLR has begun to sell the old versions of the tour cookies with red ears to the general public for the holidays.

Riding IASW Holiday at the end of the tour is usually how it's done for the late afternoon tours, from what I have read. In fact, I have usually recommended to people in the Superthread or on the DIS in general to do the later tour - specifically so they can ride IASWH at the end of it, when the facade is illuminated (better photo opportunities that way). If people take the early tour, by the time they get to IASWH it won't be aglow. Also, when IASW Holiday is lit up at night, the line for the ride becomes longer. So the value of getting the front-of-the-line privileges with the tour is suddenly increased!!:thumbsup2

Remember, too - just for anyone reading this who has never been on It's a Small World Holiday - it's not only "Jingle Bells" that is sung in the ride. The dolls also sing "Deck the Halls" for quite a while, too, interspersed with the regular IASW theme song!

Within each 'scene' of the ride you may hear variations of the songs, such as "Jingle Shells" sung in Ariel's underwater scene, or a bit of a twangy instrumental in the American/Old West scene with Woody, etc.

And, of course, there are scents piped into the ride - like gingerbread (which doesn't really smell like gingerbread to me) and often times peppermint in that candy factory scene with the candy canes and other stuff hanging overhead, and a balsam-type smell when you pass by the Christmas tree with candles on it (I think it's that tree and not another tree in the ride).

So there are many layers and levels of sensory overload :-)rotfl2:assault!:rotfl2:) going on in IASW Holiday!:laughing:

Cute pins! I like the tour pin with the Toy Soldier a lot. And I like that the tour people still get a different version of the gingerbread cookie with ears (meaning ears with different-colored frosting) - now that DLR has begun to sell the old versions of the tour cookies with red ears to the general public for the holidays.

Riding IASW Holiday at the end of the tour is usually how it's done for the late afternoon tours, from what I have read. In fact, I have usually recommended to people in the Superthread or on the DIS in general to do the later tour - specifically so they can ride IASWH at the end of it, when the facade is illuminated (better photo opportunities that way). If people take the early tour, by the time they get to IASWH it won't be aglow. Also, when IASW Holiday is lit up at night, the line for the ride becomes longer. So the value of getting the front-of-the-line privileges with the tour is suddenly increased!!:thumbsup2

I'm glad you explained the music a bit more.....I knew there was more going on....but what stuck with me was the Jingle Bells.

I didn't smell anything on my ride........hmmmmmm

The first 2 groups did the ride before the parade.....thanks to them being on the ride, we got the first set of seats, closest to the parade start!!!

I liked finishing with the ride but I guess I assumed our guide would be waiting for us at the end to thank us for doing the tour......but oh well.

Thanks for giving more details. That really does sound so cool.

Do you know what day IASW starts with the holiday overlay?

Thanks for giving more details. That really does sound so cool.

Do you know what day IASW starts with the holiday overlay?

I guess the official answer would be that IASW Holiday starts on the first day of the holiday season - and the opening date of the season changes every year. This year it began on 11/14. In 2012, it's anyone's guess.

But, honestly, IASW Holiday seems to always (quietly) open a couple of days before the official start date of the season. So, while the season began on 11/14 this year, if I recall correctly, IASWH was open in its holiday form on 11/11 or 11/12/11.

And IASWH seems to extend far into January. It may not be official, but it always seems to be open until at least Martin Luther King Day. Apparently Disneyland doesn't want to shut down IASWH to remove the overlay while they have Haunted Mansion closed. They don't want both rides down at once, so IASWH stays up while Haunted Mansion Holiday goes back to the normal Haunted Mansion.

DizNee Luver,
Just wanted to let you know I love the IASM pics. We took the tour also..but had a.....well let's just say a ride to remember... There were 15 in our tour....they put us all in one boat...and at least 10 of them were over 250 to 300 lbs....so to saythe least, the boat got stuck,,,had to take some people off....back end of boat was still too heavy so my sons up front pulled us through the ride by the sides of the boat! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

We laughed sooo hard our sides hurt! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

DizNee Luver,
Just wanted to let you know I love the IASM pics. We took the tour also..but had a.....well let's just say a ride to remember... There were 15 in our tour....they put us all in one boat...and at least 10 of them were over 250 to 300 lbs....so to saythe least, the boat got stuck,,,had to take some people off....back end of boat was still too heavy so my sons up front pulled us through the ride by the sides of the boat! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

We laughed sooo hard our sides hurt! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

:lmao: Oh my......that would have been a sight to see. Kinda surprised they would load the boats that "full".......lol

We were too!!!!!! We sat there for almost 5 minutes before the figured out we were stuck..:confused3 Then the people in line above us were having fun with us.. Let's just say, I will never forget that ride!! :rotfl:

What a great idea for gifts for the older boys. I love gifts that you can see everyday, and wall hangings are so perfect. I collected pins starting with my first steam boat willie that has the spinning boat wheel. I have mostly limited edition pins. I have a few mystery pins also. I am so funny every now and them i get them out, nicely lay them on the bed and sort thru them all. I am just going to give to the grandkids. I totally loved the mickey red ball with black santa belt. Pictures are so vivis. I think they show the colors of a disney christams so wonderful. Looking forward to more:) Patty

We were too!!!!!! We sat there for almost 5 minutes before the figured out we were stuck..:confused3 Then the people in line above us were having fun with us.. Let's just say, I will never forget that ride!! :rotfl:

That's crazy that they didn't realize they had overloaded the boat!! I imagine those in line waiting had a pretty good idea of what was going on.....I'd be so embarrassed......lol But yes, a VERY memorable ride for sure!!!

What a great idea for gifts for the older boys. I love gifts that you can see everyday, and wall hangings are so perfect. I collected pins starting with my first steam boat willie that has the spinning boat wheel. I have mostly limited edition pins. I have a few mystery pins also. I am so funny every now and them i get them out, nicely lay them on the bed and sort thru them all. I am just going to give to the grandkids. I totally loved the mickey red ball with black santa belt. Pictures are so vivis. I think they show the colors of a disney christams so wonderful. Looking forward to more:) Patty

Thanx Patty.....the boys were thrilled with them......I'll have to keep that in mind for gifts in the future.

I have my pins in a briefcase looking bag......I really need to put them in something to display them.....seems a shame to spend that much money on them & keep them hidden. Think I'll look into doing some shadow boxes with other memorabilia from our trips. I used to scrapbook every trip, but not since we got the twins......I just don't seem to have the time now (I also didn't have a safe place to do them with out lots of help).....but our set up in the new house should let me get back to doing them again. Just have to get motivated.

Chapter Forty Six~~The Text!!

So while we're sitting in the Small World boats waiting our turn to unload, I hear my phone go off with a text, it's Lisa again. We had discussed the possibility of going over for the WoC VIP seating (if there was room) or the fireworks. She was asking me which one I was going to do.....since the tour ran late, I decided to just stay in the park & watch fireworks again. I love the fireworks & would like to see them & not be behind a tree this time.....lol Well GREAT news.......she was already positioned for the fireworks, curbside in front of the castle!!!!! Well I was on my way once I got off the ride.

I find Lisa & what a great spot to watch everything......it also helps that both Lisa & I are tall, so people standing in front of us wasnt' a big deal..........

I was able to see the castle lighting again.....it's so beautiful in person!

1038.jpg

1039.jpg

1040.jpg

1041.jpg

1043.jpg

1044.jpg

SNOW!!!!!!!

1048.jpg

1049.jpg

We sat down on the curb for a while as we waited & I decided it was time to enjoy my delicious Gingerbread Man cookie I got from the tour.

1050.jpg

As we sat & waited, you could see lots of people filling every nook & cranny.....if they saw a spot for one more person, they'd squeeze a group of 8 into it. Lisa & I held our own pretty well.....until the fireworks actually started. The guy just off to my right, ended up almost in my lap (if I had been sitting) by the time the fireworks were done. I thought for sure my pics would have his elbow in every shot.....but luckily I was able to shoot around that. I had visions of the Brady Bunch & Marcia with the "Oh my nose!!" :rotfl2:

The fireworks began........LOVE IT!!!!

1053.jpg

1054.jpg

1057.jpg

1058.jpg

1059.jpg

1060.jpg

1061.jpg

1062.jpg

1063.jpg

1064.jpg

More fireworks coming up next!

Chapter Forty Seven~~More Fireworks.

1065.jpg

1066.jpg

1067.jpg

1068.jpg

1069.jpg

1070.jpg

1071.jpg

1072.jpg

1073.jpg

1074.jpg

1075.jpg

1076.jpg

When the fireworks ended and the crowds started to leave, Lisa & I stayed & just waited for things to slow a bit. We were shocked by the filth & garbage that was left behind from the people in our area (I'm sure it was like that anywhere the masses had gathered to watch). Unbelievable that people would just leave piles of garbage on the ground. One lady & her family left a ton of stuff & I loudly said, do you do that in your own house......I guess I'll just go to your house & drop garbage all over....I'm sure you won't mind!!! Ugh......she ignored me, but I know she heard me. What pigs!!! It keeps a lot of CM's employed but sheesh people.......if you don't want people going to your house & dropping garbage in your place.....you probably shouldn't do it when you go out in public.....gross!! :headache:

Lisa was off & running again & we said our goodbyes. We had a great time together!!! :hug: I was in search of some dinner....the cookie just wasn't cutting it.

Next up: Let's finish the night with a dog, treat & orange soda!!

Chapter Forty Eight~~A dog, treat & orange soda!!

So I was hungry, a bit shaky but didn't want a huge dinner at this time of night......so what to have. I debated for a bit as I got one last picture of the castle & did some people watching.

1078.jpg

I decided it was time to try a Disneyland corn dog. I've seen pics & heard rave reviews but never had one or even wanted one on our trips. I'll admit the pics always make it look burnt & super thick breading. I got in line at the Corn Dog Cart by the Plaza Inn & waited my turn.

The corn dogs are huge.....they do have a thick breading & do come off a bit dark from the frying....but they are not burnt & the breading is cooked. So I found a table at the Carnation Cafe to sit at & people watch as I tackled this thing.

1079.jpg

It was really good!!! This is definitely something I need to share with someone.....I didn't even get halfway thru it before I had to stop eating on it. Now that I know how good they are, I see a corn dog on a future trip.

I made my way up the rest of Main Street & out the gates.....another fantastic day completed. I made a stop at the World of Disney store.....not sure if I bought anything or not.....lol I'm sure I did!! :rotfl:

I walked back through the GCH & over to the PPH. I made a quick stop into the Surfside Lounge to pick up an orange soda to take up to the room. Well those super cute demitasse Mickey holiday cups with peppermint mousse were in the showcase & I had been wanting to get one, so I got it to take upstairs as well. This made for a fun balancing act at the elevators. But I made it up the elevator with my bags, soda & cup & to the room door.....hmm, another little balancing act & whew, I made it inside!!! :yay:

The whip cream/frosting/icing or whatever was on the top was nasty!!!! Just like the bumblebee cupcake I had.......lots of it but dry & dense....ick! The chocolate peppermint mousse (pudding) was good.....I took a few bites & the rest hit the trash......I rinsed out my cup & wrapped it up for packing. Here's the dessert.

1080.jpg

Sherry was sleeping when I got back to the room & Molly was working on packing. I had most of mine done....just a couple things to stuff into a suitcase. I took a couple more pics of our view.

1082.jpg

1083.jpg

1084.jpg

Mike started texting me & not wanting to disturb Sherry, I decided to grab my soda & head downstairs to call Mike. It was great to hear his voice & get an update on the kids. They were missing me & I think Mike & Tyler were really appreciating everything I do on a daily basis. It felt good to be missed & needed. After saying goodnight to him, I headed back to the room......whisper chatted with Molly a little & then climbed under the covers.....ready to get some sleep!!!

AWKKKKKKK!!!!! I went over my bandwidth limit on photobucket & most of my pics are now gone. I knew I was close to the limit so switched to my other account.....but I apologize......most of my report is missing pics now until Jan 17th.......UGH!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter