Hurricane Dorian - SWA/Delta/AA/JB waivers available

I just called delta and changed to arriving Thursday we decided to go to Disneyland for 2 days but OMG the cost
It’s going to cost us almost $2000 AU for tickets and accommodation and I’m seriously stressed

Im still scheduled to fly in Wednesday at 5 pm. Hoping this is the right decision.

You will be going to Disney on Thursday. If the cost was what you werent expecting, do something else in CA. Tour if you can and enjoy a couple of nice dinners.

See you at Disney!

So waivers on Southwest means there is zero cost difference even if switching to a flight that was $100 more originally. If you change far enough out ahead there is no change fees on Southwest you just have to pay the difference.
So waivers on Southwest means there is zero cost difference even if switching to a flight that was $100 more originally. If you change far enough out ahead there is no change fees on Southwest you just have to pay the difference.
All I can speak to is this situation, but because of the Hurricane, Southwest will allow you to change your flights to any other available flight on the same route within 14 days of your original travel date for absolutely no fee. It does not matter if the new ticket costs more. It will be an even exchange, so to speak.

Im still scheduled to fly in Wednesday at 5 pm. Hoping this is the right decision.

You will be going to Disney on Thursday. If the cost was what you werent expecting, do something else in CA. Tour if you can and enjoy a couple of nice dinners.

See you at Disney!
Thanks with the two little kids we can’t do much as they need car seats to do just about anything.
But I’m going to take a look tonight and see what we can do.
Might just stay near Santa Monica or something.

11pm Update from NOAA
204603_key_messages_sm.png

Update from JetBlue:

Due to Hurricane Dorian, we will waive change/cancel fees and fare differences for customers traveling Friday, August 30, 2019 through Tuesday, September 3, 2019 to/from the following cities:
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL)
  • Fort Myers, FL (RSW)
  • Jacksonville, FL (JAX)
  • Orlando, FL (MCO)
  • Palm Beach, FL (PBI)
  • Sarasota, FL (SRQ)
  • Tampa, FL (TPA)

Customers may rebook flights for travel through Tuesday, September 10, 2019 online in the Manage Flights section of jetblue.com or by calling 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) prior to the departure time of their originally scheduled flight. Customers with cancelled flights may also opt for a refund to the original form of payment. Original travel must have been booked on or before Thursday, August 29, 2019.

Just logged into my JetBlue account and my Monday 8:30pm flight has been cancelled.

On hold now waiting to connect with an agent to reschedule our flight for hopefully Monday morning. Unable to rebook online due to some glitch in their book system not automatically waiving the fees associated with changing these flights.

Just logged into my JetBlue account and my Monday 8:30pm flight has been cancelled.

On hold now waiting to connect with an agent to reschedule our flight for hopefully Monday morning. Unable to rebook online due to some glitch in their book system not automatically waiving the fees associated with changing these flights.

Could you book it with the fees and then ask for a refund?

If a flight gets canceled, is there any way to do online or on the app instead of waiting on hold while other people take the seats?

If a flight gets canceled, is there any way to do online or on the app instead of waiting on hold while other people take the seats?
yes but they are charging me if I do it online and it keeps crashing.

We just changed from a Wednesday morning direct flight to a Thursday morning flight with a connection through ATL. Hoping this was the right move.
Sending best wishes to all those in the storm's path.

We just changed from a Wednesday morning direct flight to a Thursday morning flight with a connection through ATL. Hoping this was the right move.
Sending best wishes to all those in the storm's path.

I just did the same thing. I changed my 2:20 pm Wednesday flight to Thursday morning at 7:30 am. Now on hold with DVC about my Wednesday points, gggrrr.
I will keep watching and if for some miracle Wednesday looks okay, I will try to move us back.

I'm also hoping the planes will be at the airport.

I just rebooked 8 tickets MDW->MCO from Tuesday to Wednesday on southwest.com. No charge at all.

For the record, this is probably the 5th or 6th time I've rebooked a southwest flight due to weather, yet only maybe the second time it's actually worked online. Maybe it's finally fixed? That'd be nice!

Currently at AKL trying to figure out what to do. Flight was booked for Monday departure and MCO announced the closure of the airport while we were in the air flying here.

Quite frustrating that MCO called it this early and closed so many days out. Now on hold waiting for JetBlue to hopefully switch our flight to leave from Tampa 1st thing in the AM on Mon.

Update: was able to change to a flight out of Tampa Monday morning at 11:45am. Wish we could have gotten earlier but we’ll take it.

Well with the track change up the coast I’ve changed my flight to come into Atlanta Tuesday 9/3 and we’ll drive to Disney Wednesday morning. Even though we changed cities SW did the change for us at no addition cost/points. SW has the best customer service of any of the airlines!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter