Husband said YES!

jblb, there is help with adding the SSR pic to your signature on the TECH SUPPORT board at the bottom on the original :disrocks: DIS board. EEEEEEEE So happy for you all! :banana:

~DW ::MinnieMo

That is absolutely awesome! And, I am sure after your first trip home your husband will be thanking you for your wisdom!

I have seen a 1000 such posts on the board - and - you never really here it turn out this way! You must be a good salesperson!

What turned the tide with your husband? What aspects made him reconsider!

jblb1020 said:
...Having to work full time and not being able to be with my children during the day it means the world to me to spend a quality vacation with them...
Congratulations. (I do hope this additional financial commitment doesn't mean you'll have to work more and, therefore, have even less time for your kids.)

bom_noite said:
That is absolutely awesome! And, I am sure after your first trip home your husband will be thanking you for your wisdom!

I have seen a 1000 such posts on the board - and - you never really here it turn out this way! You must be a good salesperson!

What turned the tide with your husband? What aspects made him reconsider!
After looking at all the money we have spent on our Disney vacations and comparing the prices and watching them go up year after year, it just made sense. I reminded him what we paid the first time we went to Wilderness Lodge and then every year after that. The prices have gone up a lot! We took advantage of the 7 nights for the price of 5 which was after 9/11. There have been no more promo's since then. If we where to stay at the Wildernesss Lodge now it would cost us over $3200.00 during choice season. We have talked to friends that have joined and they have nothing but great things to say and have no regrets.

rinkwide said:
Congratulations. (I do hope this additional financial commitment doesn't mean you'll have to work more and, therefore, have even less time for your kids.)

Thanks for the concern on my financial status but you can put your worries to rest.

It is exciting isn't it! Welcome Home Neighbors!! I hope your family loves it as much as dh and I. :thumbsup2

jblb1020 said:
If we where to stay at the Wildernesss Lodge now it would cost us over $3200.00 during choice season. QUOTE]

WOW! And Double WOW! $3200 is a Ton of Money! When the dentist recommended braces for the kids and I discovered it wat $5K I went on the net to see if I could do it myself! I guess I am thrifty!

Had we taken a WDW vacation as a family we would have never laid out that type of money! For me DVC is not pre-payed a vacation - it is insuring luxury accomodations for a lifetime! I had no issue forking over $12K and then $500 a year - cause - I knew we were getting a quality room and a A++++ resort for 40 years!

Please tell your husband that for the money you are spending you are buying an asset - an asset that can be resold if disaster strikes! No longer are you chucking $3200 out the window!

Ok - I am the only Husband on this board who was in the reverse situation trying to cajole my wife in to buying. Let me give you some helpful hints on how to handle hubby from here on out:

:smooth: First time home when he see's what DVC has to offer you say: "I am so glad you felt this was the right idea".

:smokin: In year two you say "Wow - I was never really sure this was for us! Thank god you saw the possibilities!"

:thumbsup2: In year three when he says: "I told you that this DVC was a great idea - are you not glad I suggested it?" You say: "You are brilliant - and yes - while I would not suggest an add-on - I will trust you on this one - LETS GO FOR IT!"

hehehehe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter