I am NOT staying at a value resort

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think anyone that gets insulted over a wdw resort really needs to look in the mirror and ask themselves why? I know we live in this PC culture where everybody gets offended over everything and you basically have to walk on eggshells on this board. But really if someone doesn't like what you like so what? I think people just need to own their choices and get thicker skin.

I actually don't think twice about what folks like or do not like, it is personal, and never feel I would have to justify my resort choise here or anywhere else. I was responding to the Op after she insisted the "thread had gone too far" and explained what she got the responsses she got. Early in the thread I responded by saying I would not try to convince her to stay value, becuase it seemed to me she had already decided she did nto want to. Many others did as well, and explained why. The OP completely ignored the posters who shared positive viewpoints about values and many gave suggestions for her. I doubt people were insulted that she did not want to stay in a value...shoot! I don't either. I spend way too much time in a resort, so I understand wanted additional amenities. I do believe people, myself included, felt that the OP should have "owned her own choice" instead of creating a thread that was certain to create drama, and I really wish she did not try to validate her choice by posting disdainful posts to refute the comments of some people who had no dog in her race. Again...it was nto nice.

As to being thick skinned, I post often. I think I am far from sensitive.

I actually don't think twice about what folks like or do not like, it is personal, and never feel I would have to justify my resort choise here or anywhere else. I was responding to the Op after she insisted the "thread had gone too far" and explained what she got the responsses she got. Early in the thread I responded by saying I would not try to convince her to stay value, becuase it seemed to me she had already decided she did nto want to. Many others did as well, and explained why. The OP completely ignored the posters who shared positive viewpoints about values and many gave suggestions for her. I doubt people were insulted that she did not want to stay in a value...shoot! I don't either. I spend way too much time in a resort, so I understand wanted additional amenities. I do believe people, myself included, felt that the OP should have "owned her own choice" instead of creating a thread that was certain to create drama, and I really wish she did not try to validate her choice by posting disdainful posts to refute the comments of some people who had no dog in her race. Again...it was nto nice.

As to being thick skinned, I post often. I think I am far from sensitive.
You claim the title of the post insulted people. My thought is if someone iwas insulted by a that they might want to ask themselves why. If message boards didn't have threads that created drama they wouldn't have any posters or lurkers. Debate and healthy discourse are what make message boards interesting. I think OP wanted validation that there were others that felt like she did and I think she got that. She also got plenty of insults thrown at her from the people that were offended by her posts.

You claim the title of the post insulted people. My thought is if someone iwas insulted by a that they might want to ask themselves why. If message boards didn't have threads that created drama they wouldn't have any posters or lurkers. Debate and healthy discourse are what make message boards interesting. I think OP wanted validation that there were others that felt like she did and I think she got that. She also got plenty of insults thrown at her from the people that were offended by her posts.
She also gave the impression that she didn't want nor was looking for any true assistance.

Why not create a thread about all the reasons not to stay at a Value and instead to stay at a Mod or a Deluxe rather than a thread asking for people to convince her to stay at a Value when it seemed pretty darn clear she didn't have any interest in staying at a Value? Wouldn't that have been more true to the intention of the OP? At least then there wouldn't have been a guise on what the point was. Perhaps you viewed this whole thing as debate and healthy discourse..no I didn't view it that way at all because of how the OP set up the thread and ended the thread.

What is the true point in asking for people to convince you of the positives in something if you don't earnestly want to be convinced :confused3 and instead are just looking for self-validation..at least be honest about it and to use your words own it.

Can't say that we hate value resorts. We spend most of our time elsewhere anyway, so why spend most of our money on a room in which we spend 90% of the time with our eyes closed? We've stayed POP, ASMu, ASMo, ASSp, POFQ, and CR. Our favorite is FQ, but wouldn't bat an eye at staying any of those again, or AoA. CR was a short 2nd honeymoon without kids. While it was nice, can't imagine what it's be at BLT for a villa. Also didn't find that the amenities were that much better at deluxe. You're really paying for convenience and location. If that's what's most important to you then nothing else will satisfy.

She also gave the impression that she didn't want nor was looking for any true assistance.

Why not create a thread about all the reasons not to stay at a Value and instead to stay at a Mod or a Deluxe rather than a thread asking for people to convince her to stay at a Value when it seemed pretty darn clear she didn't have any interest in staying at a Value? Wouldn't that have been more true to the intention of the OP? At least then there wouldn't have been a guise on what the point was. Perhaps you viewed this whole thing as debate and healthy discourse..no I didn't view it that way at all because of how the OP set up the thread and ended the thread.

What is the true point in asking for people to convince you of the positives in something if you don't earnestly want to be convinced :confused3 and instead are just looking for self-validation..at least be honest about it and to use your words own it.
I don't think there's anyway she could have worded it that would have been ok. If I started a thread "why I hate Values" I think it would become pretty contentious pretty quickly. On the cruise DCL cruise board people are always seeking validation on one thing or the other. It's just human nature I guess.

OP sounds like you made the right decision. Bottom line values aren't for everyone. We love them and having stayed at all levels of WDW resorts including a few DVC two bedrooms, we can honestly say we never feel jipped or sad staying value. But everyone is different.

I will say that your title sounded like a tween girl arguing with her mom. Next time you want even handed opinions maybe think twice about your wording.

I don't think there's anyway she could have worded it that would have been ok. If I started a thread "why I hate Values" I think it would become pretty contentious pretty quickly. On the cruise DCL cruise board people are always seeking validation on one thing or the other. It's just human nature I guess.

I cannot agree with you on this one. WE get a lot of "convince me" threads posted, and most of them develop into informative discussions. This one started out with an announcement "I will not stay in a value". Well okay then, don't. Had the OP really wanted positives this thread woudl have been different, and if you look back, she got plenty of positives, as well as people suggesting ways to stay where she wanted even though her family would be staying elsewhere.

Disney offers levels of lodging to accomodate most budgets and needs, and wants. No one is perfect for everyone, and we all recognize that. Had the OP just wanted validation, she should have said that. She woudl have gotten that.

I cannot agree with you on this one. WE get a lot of "convince me" threads posted, and most of them develop into informative discussions. This one started out with an announcement "I will not stay in a value". Well okay then, don't. Had the OP really wanted positives this thread woudl have been different, and if you look back, she got plenty of positives, as well as people suggesting ways to stay where she wanted even though her family would be staying elsewhere.

Disney offers levels of lodging to accomodate most budgets and needs, and wants. No one is perfect for everyone, and we all recognize that. Had the OP just wanted validation, she should have said that. She woudl have gotten that.
I'm not saying that your not right. It's just my personal experience on these boards it's easier said then done.

Our family has stayed at POR (back when it was Dixie Landings), BCR and AoA in a cars suite.
We loved AoA. We stayed there for 8 nights in December 2014. The suites were great, very spacious and clean. I had requested a room on the top floor and it was very quiet. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful. We loved the food court also. We must have eaten at off times because we never found it to be chaotic. There is a caprese sandwich that I could eat every day! The main pool (only one we used) was very clean, huge, and it had a nice small splash area and playground nearby. Nice walk between AoA and Pop.
The drawbacks were spotty cell service and bus transportation was very slow at times. For some reason every time we went to get in line for a park that was the one with the longest line. Our luck!
We are planning a return trip in May 2018 and we are choosing POR over AoA only because my grand daughters want a Royal Room (or whatever they are called). And Meemaw won't say no!!
BCR was our least favorite. Didn't like decor or dining (other than B&C).
Wherever you stay I hope you have a wonderful trip.

At the very least though you would have been honest about it right? You wouldn't have come back pointing the finger at others crying foul. You would have expected and be willing to deal with the posts that came after creating it.

There's a thread about someone asking the good and the bad about POP because the person, due to exchange rates, is considering moving from POR to POP (or doing a split stay)..they want advice and aren't just looking for validation in the worst way..and shocker the thread has actually yielded pros and cons responses with honest advice. Sure you're going to find people who love POP but the posts I've seen there, people are more than willing to present the cons should they feel the resort has some.

I guess I don't understand how anyone can be offended by someone that doesn't like what they like.

If the comment wasn't directed at you personally how can you be offended (by another's opinion even if you don't like it) enough to make a big deal of it online? It doesn't matter your education or your wealth or the lack of either one where you stay. I think someone's online posting is much more an indication of their character. If something that someone says offends you...move on! Life is way too short to get so hostile over someone's comment that was not directed to you personally and by someone who doesn't matter in your life! If you are offended roll your eyes and move on and enjoy Disney how you like it! Because posting insulting comments doesn't make you a better person than the one you felt insulted by!!

I think this thread has outlived its usefulness. Several pages of arguments about word choices aren't of much interest to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter