I am thankful for...................................

Marchingstar,I am so sorry for your loss... I know in my heart that another bouncing babe is in the future for you!
You have been so strong and yes Hon focus on the positives.
I too struggle with thoughts of running out of stuff but have found recently with all the diet restrictions for gallbladder that yes 2 ingredient recipes do exist via google. We will be ok and become stronger.
Hugs to you
Mel
1584807009625.png

@marchingstar so sorry for your loss. I know it's hard to put things on hold. A lot of the women in my SMC groups are having to put things on hold, some were already on protocols for IVF and of course now that's pretty much wasted. Use the time to focus on yourself and your family. This is temporary!

I keep thinking today is when I normally would run out and get groceries... but of course I don't want to do that. I don't really NEED anything but it feels like I should be getting certain things any way. Trying to stay home and take it day by day.

I am also now thankful that scholastic is allowing parents to set up accounts and ship to home, it's not free shipping like amazon but they have so many really cool items for teaching kiddo at home. Even when this is over they will still be useful. And I still think it's just a matter of time before Ontario extends the closure as well. I think pretty much all the other provinces schools are closed through at least May.

Now if only the sunshine outside today meant it was warm and not -16 with the windchill... brr!! Hope it warms up later so I can take puppy for a walk, we both need the fresh air and steps (and if I can convince the boy to come with us it will be awesome).

@marchingstar so sorry for your loss. I know it's hard to put things on hold. A lot of the women in my SMC groups are having to put things on hold, some were already on protocols for IVF and of course now that's pretty much wasted. Use the time to focus on yourself and your family. This is temporary!

I know people who have had to quit mid-cycle too. Their clinics are not charging fees, but they still lost all the $$ they spent on meds. I’m lucky that my situation wasn’t quite that rough.

It’s not what we were hoping the year would look like, but we have our health and each other. I spent the morning doing baby shark related crafts, so life really isn’t too bad.

Marchingstar, sorry for your loss. Be hopeful! Rest, enjoy your time with your family, stay positive, I am sure another Disney baby will be on the way soon after this challenge is over!!

I'm thankful for W channel and their sappy Hallmark channel movies. I'm taping a bunch of the new ones that are on this weekend. Nothing like a Hallmark movie to take your mind off things.

To those naysayers, try one it's better than the news.

I watch them at Christmas and Valentines Day and they are very comforting now. Also watching When Calls the Heart....if you haven't watched the first 6 seasons on Netflix, you should! Also Heartland is another great one to catch up on on Netflix. Lots of sappy seasons!

thanks, everyone, for your kind words and messages ❤ I’m thankful for this nice community, and for a bit of anonymity and space to rant!

tonight, I’m thankful for a toddler who has suddenly decided meat is not poison! until this week, his main proteins were beans, lentils, and veggies. eggs are still garbage, but in the past week he’s happily eaten ground turkey and beef, and diced chicken.

Last edited:
thanks, everyone, for your kind words and messages ❤ I’m thankful for this nice community, and for a bit of anonymity and space to rant!

tonight, I’m thankful for a toddler who has suddenly decided meat is not poison! until this week, his main proteins were beans, lentils, and veggies. eggs are still garbage, but in the past week he’s happily eaten ground turkey and beef, and diced chicken.
I have a 10 year old who still thinks eggs are garbage, so this made me :lmao: Thx 😊

I am thankful that I live in a house and I can go outside and rake some leaves and enjoy the sunshine. Can't put the leaves out anywhere (except to be stored in the backyard) and I am just raking the ones from the driveway that missed being done last year but hey I am get some exercise.
:dance3: 🍃🍂
It is too early here in Ontario to rake the lawn so just the driveway leaves. Yesterday I did bring up the wooden lawn furniture from the backyard so if we have some nice sunny days I can sit out on my front porch and read a book.

Edited to add: well I got carried away with my gardening cleanup as I was cutting the stems from last years plants to give them space to start growing this year and I accidentally cut the cord for one of the noma lights in the yard. >:( :crazy2::guilty: Yikes now I have to get my brother to see if he can repair the wires. I stopped cutting stems right then and there.

Last edited:
I am thankful that I live in a house and I can go outside and rake some leaves and enjoy the sunshine. Can't put the leaves out anywhere (except to be stored in the backyard) and I am just raking the ones from the driveway that missed being done last year but hey I am get some exercise.
:dance3: 🍃🍂
It is too early here in Ontario to rake the lawn so just the driveway leaves. Yesterday I did bring up the wooden lawn furniture from the backyard so if we have some nice sunny days I can sit out on my front porch and read a book.

Edited to add: well I got carried away with my gardening cleanup as I was cutting the stems from last years plants to give them space to start growing this year and I accidentally cut the cord for one of the noma lights in the yard. >:( :crazy2::guilty: Yikes now I have to get my brother to see if he can repair the wires. I stopped cutting stems right then and there.

On the positive note I am so glad you are ok and didn't get an electric shock.
Dang but everything is fixable,,,Hugs to you!
Mel

Reminds me of the time my dad cut the hedges along the driveway and hit a rather large nest of wasps. He spent a few hours hiding in our backyard pool.
1584908400360.png

On the positive note I am so glad you are ok and didn't get an electric shock.
Dang but everything is fixable,,,Hugs to you!
Mel
Oops they are actually solar lights so only powered by the sun not real noma lights powered by electricity. I couldn't remember what they were called so just called them noma lights. On those cloudy gloomy days they don't light up much or when they got covered by snow. My outside yard is just lite up at night with tons of solar lights. This one is a cute little tree with all the branches lite up and I think it is coloured lights.

Oops they are actually solar lights so only powered by the sun not real noma lights powered by electricity. I couldn't remember what they were called so just called them noma lights. On those cloudy gloomy days they don't light up much or when they got covered by snow. My outside yard is just lite up at night with tons of solar lights. This one is a cute little tree with all the branches lite up and I think it is coloured lights.

Good to know.
I am also a solar person,,tons of them in my backyard too. My hydro bill is going to be a crusher this month,,at least with the solar lights I am saving.
These are the last two I bought; Teardrop Lanterns.
Hugs
Mel

Today I am thankful that a local artist who has held art classes before is going to do a couple of free facebook live courses and that now Michaels offers in store pickup where they will bring it out to your car. I ordered my paint supplies from Michaels and will send my brother to pick it up later. It won't be the same as being held in person because she won't be able to see if you need to do any enhancements to your work but as she says every picture painted is different because art is in the eye of the beholder.

I will share my completed work (good or bad) after it is finished. Class isn't until Wed March 25.

So last night I had my online paint class. It was a little different than being with her in real life as we can't ask her opinion of our work and if there is anything that needs to be changed. Oh well here is my completed project. I do have a very well feed bunny if I do say so myself.
P3264942 bunny.jpg

So last night I had my online paint class. It was a little different than being with her in real life as we can't ask her opinion of our work and if there is anything that needs to be changed. Oh well here is my completed project. I do have a very well feed bunny if I do say so myself.
View attachment 483476
Wow very nice Hon,I love it.
I have a few of the real ones trying to eat my lilac bushes right now :(,,,but they are so cute looking.:lovestruc
Thanks for sharing your beautiful talent.
Hugs
Mel

I have a few of the real ones trying to eat my lilac bushes right now :(,,,but they are so cute looking.:lovestruc
Thanks for sharing your beautiful talent.
I really have to thank the instructor for her step by step instructions because without her I couldn't do it. Thanks for the kinds thoughts. I am glad everybody likes it.

I really really need this exercise.
I am thankful that even though it looks as though I am going to lose my income for the time being, we can still eat and keep a roof over our heads with my husbands. It will be very tough but that's huge and I need to stop panicking and be grateful.
I am thankful for my husband, my healthy happy kids, my awesome Labrador Retrievers, my extended family. I have wonderful people in my life.
I am thankful that I am tough and resilient.
I am thankful that I just found a book series that I love that has so many volumes in it. I grabbed the next one on Thursday so I am set for awhile.
I am thankful for this fine community and having online friends to navigate all of this with!
It could always be worse and I will be grateful.
You should be able to apply for Canada Emergency Response Benefit. It's for people that don't qualify for ei, including self employed.
https://www.canada.ca/en/department...e-benefit-to-help-workers-and-businesses.html

Anyone who wants to apply for the new benefit should make sure to have a CRA My Account set up. It will be the easiest way to apply. You can also call but I would expect the phones will be very hard to get through on even though it's an automated service.

Thought this could use a much needed bump. I've been purposely limiting myself to checking news once a day just for any big updates, and I make a to do list when I start my day. I feel so calm and centered and peaceful most of the time following these rules. I'm struggling a little as dd23 and her boyfriend bought a house and they move soon. So.. as much as I will miss her..
I am SO grateful that she has a kind partner and that they are able to have a wonderful little home and she's on her way to a happy adulthood. She's moving 30 minutes away, not to the moon, and I am thankful that she's still so close.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter