I can't BELIEVE he said yes! We go back in June 2010!!

Chef Mickey's will be a great way to end your Disney part of the trip. Plus you won't be hungry on the road. Now that I've read all your plans, they sound perfect. I don't see how your DH won't be a Disney lover by the end of the trip.

That is part of my plan....to be full from breakfast! :thumbsup2 I think having some "one-on-one" time with Mickey before we head out will be just what the doctor ordered!! :)

And I really hope you are right on the DH front!! I am crossing my fingers!! :laughing:

We are getting really close now!!!!:banana::banana::banana: Do you have everything ready? Packing lists? Clothes shopping?

It is getting very close!! I keep telling myself not to rush it because it will all be over before we know it!! 25 days!! :goodvibes

Everything ready?? :rotfl2: I have been clothes shopping...this trip is such a good excuse!! I have most everything bought except for food/snacks. So it is coming together now! But, I had planned and looked at my plans and wrote my plans so much...now I haven't been obsessing so much and I think my subconscious has taken over! I keep dreaming we are half-way through the trip and I don't even remember doing anything!!! Serious issues!!! :rotfl:

I have decided I may need to start obsessing over the details again so I will stop waking up feeling as though I have missed our whole vacation!!!

...now I haven't been obsessing so much and I think my subconscious has taken over! I keep dreaming we are half-way through the trip and I don't even remember doing anything!!! Serious issues!!! :rotfl:

I have decided I may need to start obsessing over the details again so I will stop waking up feeling as though I have missed our whole vacation!!!

:lmao::lmao::lmao: I think it's normal to have strange dreams about something that is on your mind. Maybe you should walk away from the plans for a few weeks and then review them a week before you leave. I have been guilty of overthinking our plans a time or two. :rolleyes1

I have the opposite problem this trip. I draw a blank when I try to plan the details. I only have the first day planned.:guilty: I'm having nightmares that everyone is asking me what is next and I look like this: :confused::eek:

I have the opposite problem this trip. I draw a blank when I try to plan the details. I only have the first day planned.:guilty: I'm having nightmares that everyone is asking me what is next and I look like this: :confused::eek:

:lmao: Glad I am not alone...even if the nightmares are a little different!! :lmao:

Randomness...I DO NOT like heat and it is HOT here! Hot and Sticky and Humid. :sad1: And to make it worse, the air conditioning is not working in our office!!! :mad: So as I sit here wishing for glorious days of mid-70s, I have realized that I am only in training for Disney in June!! 24 days left so it is quickly approaching!!! :woohoo::dance3::cool1::banana: So maybe things aren't so bad after all!! :goodvibes

Hi, Tisa -- we'll be there around the same time! I have a 13 yr old DD, who is bringing her 13 yr old friend, and there will be 4 of us with DH on 4-12 June -- yes, so excited!! But seems so far away, yet...!

You are so much better than I at planning -- I got the first day, like Elizablake, but after that... :confused3 Well, I know WHERE we're going, but the park plan is in the book...guess I should get familiar with it!! :rotfl:

Randomness...I DO NOT like heat and it is HOT here! Hot and Sticky and Humid. And to make it worse, the air conditioning is not working in our office!!!

I understand completely!!! The A/C in our house has been out for the past 12 days and it is 87 degrees outside - yuck!!!! I told DH last night if we didn't go out to eat, we were having popsicles and ice cream for supper.

Hi, Tisa -- we'll be there around the same time! I have a 13 yr old DD, who is bringing her 13 yr old friend, and there will be 4 of us with DH on 4-12 June -- yes, so excited!! But seems so far away, yet...!

You are so much better than I at planning -- I got the first day, like Elizablake, but after that... :confused3 Well, I know WHERE we're going, but the park plan is in the book...guess I should get familiar with it!! :rotfl:

HI!! :wave2:
What fun! My DD keeps begging me to plan a girls trip so she can bring along her BFF! It does seem so far off and then I think about all we have to do between now and then and it seems too close!! :) We have a family wedding the weekend before we leave so with all the pre-wedding/wedding stuff and getting the trip stuff together I know the time is going to fly!

I am going to jump over to your PTR and see what your plans are!! Mine this year are based a lot on last year's. But last year we went to AK on the first day and while in the RD line a very nice family took us under their wing and showed us the FP ropes at EE. We left EE and got in line at Dinosaur...I whipped out my Touring Plans because I suddenly felt lost!! :rotfl2:

I understand completely!!! The A/C in our house has been out for the past 12 days and it is 87 degrees outside - yuck!!!! I told DH last night if we didn't go out to eat, we were having popsicles and ice cream for supper.

Popsicles and ice cream sounds like a great meal plan to me!!! :banana:

We have 3 weeks (or 21 days to go)!! :banana: We have discussions on which sounds shorter: weeks or days? We used to include months but since we are under one month…that is out of the discussion now!! The closer it gets the better ‘days’ sounds!

We have done most of our shopping but thankfully have not needed a lot. I have gotten Tevas for Madison and myself. I love these shoes!! I hope they are just as comfy after long days in the park. I cannot stand closed shoes and socks on hot days, so I went on a mission for recommendations on good shoes to wear. I have worn one pair on an all day shopping trip and they were great!! :thumbsup2

I also got Madison a Mickey shirt that changes colors in the heat for our MK day and a leopard print shirt for AK. Sadly I do not have little ones to purchase cute little Princess dresses for anymore!! :sad2: Also, I just purchased a Carriage cage for Pick-a-Pearl at the Japan Pavilion (a surprise for Maddie). And I am contemplating giving Pin Trading a try but I am undecided if this may be too much for this particualr trip!

And, for Mother’s Day I got a Flip HD so I am super excited :yay: about using it on the trip!! Otherwise it is just the “necessities” like toothpaste, batteries, etc that we have bought. I still have some odd and ends to pick up but I am well on my way to being ready!!

Now, I have all my ADRs set, I have my Touring Plans down and we can see the finish line! Since all of this is complete, I have been thinking about those little things that I really want to see and do because either I have not before or we enjoyed it so much before that we want to experience it again!

So here are some of my thoughts, ideas, our wish lists and so forth!!

Saturday we will be at the resort in the afternoon and DTD that evening.
At the resort (whole trip, not just Saturday):
• I hope we get to relax some at the pool(s) and maybe rent a boat one
afternoon; check out the entertainment in the lounge areas of POR and
POFQ
• Madison wants to try to get her hair braided
• We may even try to fit in a carriage ride…who knows???
• I hope I can just take in the moment! Even with planned breaks last
year, we never “breaked”!
• Transportation to the parks: I keep hearing how poor the service is
with both POR and POFQ on the same bus line, so it has me wondering if
driving might not be faster

DTD:
• Ice Cram at Ghiradelli’s. It was so good last year!!
• :goofy: Goofy’s Candy Company: because we did not get there last year!
• The boat ride to and from POR

Animal Kingdom:
• Find Divine: last year we forgot all about her until after we were on our
way home!
• Maharajah Jungle Trek: we missed out on this one last year. For some
unknown reason to even myself, I really want to see those
bats!! :confused3
• Seeing Donald Duck :donald:at breakfast!!
• Getting to ride Expedition Everest again and again and hopefully again!!
• Madison wants to try and see Winnie the Pooh pooh: and
Tigger :tigger: here
• Maybe see Flights of Wonder
• Contemplating if we should stay for the 3:45 parade, it would cut into
possible pool time!
• I want to try and talk DH into going to the FOTLK (it was so good!)

Wilderness Lodge:
• Riding the boat from MK to WL (I like riding the boats, there is something
so relaxing and peaceful about it!)
• This will be my 1st visit to WL so after seeing pictures, I can’t wait to
see this place in person. This is one resort I think I would really like
to stay at one day!
• Find the fountain people throw coins into (I hear wishes come true here!!)
• Seeing the geyser
• Hopefully having a good time at Whispering Canyon Café!! I have read
many mixed reviews on this place!!

Well, that gets me through Sunday night and I am sure I will come up with many other thoughts on these places before D-Day arrives!! {D-Day = Disney Day) Of course I know we will not cover everything in a short trip but a wish list is always a plus!! ....More to come :thumbsup2

Yay for three weeks!!!:cool1::cool1::banana:

Tomorrow we will be down to 1 week or 7 days. I like the 1 week better.

Where did you get the Mickey shirt that changes color?

Yay for three weeks!!!:cool1::cool1::banana:

Tomorrow we will be down to 1 week or 7 days. I like the 1 week better.

Where did you get the Mickey shirt that changes color?

We got it from Justice for Girls. It gets a lot darker, or brighter, in color more than actually changes colors. This is a picture of it:

IMG_4564.jpg

You are so close now!! :cool1:

I :love: your wish list! I have a lot of the same things on mine especially,
DTD:
• Ice Cram at Ghiradelli’s. It was so good last year!!
• Goofy’s Candy Company: because we did not get there last year!
• The boat ride to and from POR

and
Animal Kingdom:
• Find Divine: last year we forgot all about her until after we were on our
way home!
• Seeing Donald Duck at breakfast!!
• Contemplating if we should stay for the 3:45 parade, it would cut into
possible pool time!
• I want to try and talk DH into going to the FOTLK (it was so good!)

Glad to hear that you are feeling good about your plans and ADRs. It is almost time to pack!!!:yay::yay:

Karen

I :love: your wish list! I have a lot of the same things on mine especially,

and

Glad to hear that you are feeling good about your plans and ADRs. It is almost time to pack!!!:yay::yay:

Karen

Thanks!! I am about to post a few more "wish list" items!! :banana:

I made out my packing list but I ahve to hold off on actually packing...my DH would think I was crazy...but I am thinking I am 17 days out so maybe at Day 10??? :rotfl2:

Now my thoughts and “wish” lists lead me to Hollywood Studio and Magic Kingdom!

DHS
• Indiana Jones and Lights Motors Action will be highlights (other than ToT, TSM, and RnR). Keith really likes The Italian Job, so I hope that LMA will be a hit for him!! The chase scene :car: in that movie reminds me of LMA (or vice versa!). I have always loved Indiana Jones and I had missed it previously, so when we left last year, this was one show on the top of my “to-do” list!!
• See some of the Streetmosphere. I assume they are still around but we did not see any at all last year…maybe we just weren’t looking!
• Back lot tour, if for no other reason than this will be a first!!
• Well, sadly this is all that really strikes my fancy here!! :confused: Maybe I just don’t know about some interesting things???

I think Magic Kingdom may have too many little things!
Can’t Wait For!!
• Rope Drop!
• The mountains!! Haunted Mansion and POTC!! Oh and Mickey’s Philharmonic. These are the MUST DO’s so anything else will be just gravy!!
• ‘Ohana because I really like the juice and bread…yum!!!
• Nighttastic! And Main Street Electrical Parade: I am really excited about seeing these two! :banana: I saw a video of The Electrical Parade online and it looks interesting…

Things to try and do:
• Try a Dole Whip. Whether I like it or not, so many people comment on this treat that I want to give it a whirl!!
• Find Tianna and Prince Naveen and also Ariel and Prince Eric. Ariel is actually on my daughters “must do” but she is sad it will not be in Ariel’s Grotto!
• Trying to decide if supper should be CS at POR, Columbia Harbour House (which we loved last year! I think it is the best CS in MK) or Casey’s. I am almost pretty sure this will be decided at that time. We may even claim a spot for the parade and eat curb side! Worked last year!!

Things I will not do!!!!
• Stitch’s Great Escape: this was the worst thing ever last year! I spelled that burp the entire day…I still get nauseous thinking about it!! :sick: BWOT!!!

Yesterday I got the Carriage Pearl Cage in the mail! It is really nice, so I am excited about that for Madison! I am a little stumped on something for Chris. It is hard to think of something for a 16 year old boy that could be special! :confused3

Well 17 days to go and I am so ready!! Work is very hectic right now, so I am ready for a change of scenery!! :yay:

Single Digits!! :banana: :woohoo:

I almost have all of my touring plans set and at times I am questioning my sanity!! MK all day followed by a full day at Epcot…what was I thinking?? :scared1: I have thought of alternatives, but none pan out so I am sticking to my original plan and hoping for the best! This weekend I plan to go online and get next week’s entertainment times finalized…as a general guide for our week. I am hoping it will be somewhat close to the same thing! I do know they have now added an hour to AK each day and also added a 2nd Fantasmic showing as well as an 11pm parade at MK. I don’t know if any of that will benefit us though!

So Epcot is our last park. My to-do (or try to-do) list includes:
Canada: Off Kilter
England: hopefully catch a few characters
Morocco: Mo’ Rockin
Japan: Pick-a-Pearl and the candy maker
American Adventure: Voices of Liberty
Italy: Sergio
Germany: Snow White
China: Si Xian and Dragon Legends Acrobats
Club Cool-for DH to try the Beverly
Along the way, we hope to see other characters besides just in England! The list seems long, but these are what are currently scheduled on Wednesdays. If we miss something, I will not be devastated! :) Illuminations may or may not happen…we will be at the end of 4 long days and may be too exhausted to care!!

So now I really need to begin my final packing lists and make sure everything is in order! We have a family wedding this weekend and I have been working overtime to get caught up at work prior to vacation, so my time is running out fast!! :hourglass

Every morning at work my co-workers ask “How many days?” so tomorrow morning it will be 9!!! :yay: Thankfully they are excited and are living vicariously through my planning!! :thumbsup2

One week from right now, we will be on our way to Disney World!!

Oh!! The excitement is building!!! :cool1:

Hooray!!!!! Only one more week! So, have you started packing? I have one suitcase done and will probably start the 2nd today.

Unbelieveable that I have only 5 days left! And I feel so NOT ready!!:scared1::scared1: This weekend has been crazy busy. I (thankfully) had done the majority of my shopping (except snacks, which we will be doing in moments) already! I have worked today on all of my final plans and park bag. Packing will begin...tomorrow! Thankfully I have teens who can fend for themselves for the most part!

I also have been having 2nd thoughts on WCC on Sunday night. I just cannot decide if we will just want to hang out around the resort after having spent the majority of the day at AK. Is it bad to hang on to your ADR and decide it is a no go at the last minute?? :confused3

Well this time next week we will have taken AK and DHS by storm and ready to tackle an AM EMH rope drop at MK on Tuesday!! Oh the excitement!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter