I can't BELIEVE he said yes! We go back in June 2010!!

Just came across your PTR and am signing on. I too have a DH who is never enthusiastic about going to Disney. However, I am lucky that he has taken me and the kids there MANY times because he knows how much we enjoy it. Also, once we are there and he gets to see Disney through the kids' eyes, he does enjoy himself. I am sure that your husband will have a great time and will cherish the family memories that this trip will create. You have done a great job with planning so far.

Just came across your PTR and am signing on. I too have a DH who is never enthusiastic about going to Disney. However, I am lucky that he has taken me and the kids there MANY times because he knows how much we enjoy it. Also, once we are there and he gets to see Disney through the kids' eyes, he does enjoy himself. I am sure that your husband will have a great time and will cherish the family memories that this trip will create. You have done a great job with planning so far.

Hi!! :wave2: I am so glad you are joining in! All of my friends that go to Disney World have husbands that love going and have DVC and so on so I always felt "alone" but I am running into more and more that say the same thing you have. So I am hopeful! He is actually a little more open to discussing things here lately so I think that deep down maybe he is more interested than he wants to let on to...that would be admitting too much!! :rotfl2: I just try not to discuss too much at one time with him! That is one reason I love the DisBoards because I have someon to listen to me go on and on and on about my plans!! So thanks everyone!!! :lmao:

I have decided to break each day down and list our “must-dos” for each park! Of course, all great plans may change once we get there but hopefully we will stay somewhat on track!! And there may be some things we just have to leave off but some that maybe, just maybe, we can add!!! I am also going to include a few pictures from last year to provide some “color commentary”!!

First day is not really a park but arrival day! As I said before, I hope to leave early! If we do, then barring no major traffic tie-ups, we should have time to get to the resort, check-in and relax (I hope by a pool!) before taking the boat to DTD. We have 7:35pm reservations at T-Rex.

IMG0349_4.jpg

I also hope to get ice cream at Ghirardelli and perhaps be able to go in a few shops. We have an early day on Sunday, though, so we will not be able to be very late!! I love World of Disney so hopefully we will have time to browse here and then just wander at least for a bit and soak up being at WDW!!!

IMG0378_4.jpg

Sunday and Animal Kingdom!!
IMG0413_4-1.jpg

We began our trip last year with AK and this year will be the same. I personally love :love: this park. The details are incredible plus, I just really love animals!!

IMG0550_4-1.jpg
IMG0476_4.jpg
IMG0486_4-1.jpg
IMG0490_4-1.jpg

The main reason this park continues to be the 1st day is because I use Unofficial Guide Tour Plans and they list AK as the Best Park on Sundays. So AK it is to begin our week!! All of my plans (at least to begin the day) come from my “revised” version of a Touring Plan. I just skip what we don’t want to do and I have to allow for TS and breaks since they do not. I used these last year and it worked great! I have not ever gone without “a plan” so I don’t have anything to judge it by but I am such a scheduled person that winging it causes anxiety just thinking about it so I have to have at least a little bit of a plan!! It doesn’t matter if we stick solely to it, as long as it is there!!! :thumbsup2

We have an ADR at 8am at Tusker House. I am very excited about this because 1) I love :lovestruc Donald Duck and 2) we get into the park before the masses :banana:!! Since we will be so close to Kilimanjaro Safari, this will be our first ride and then we will be heading off to Expedition Everest for FPs (and I hope stand-by). We rode EE 5 times last year and it is one of my favorite rides!!) .

IMG0472_4-1.jpg

Other must–dos for Animal Kingdom are (and will try pretty much in this order):

Dinosaur
Kali River
Pangani Trail
Maharajah Jungle Trek
It’s Tough To Be a Bug
Primeval Whirl

Also for the last two Sundays, I have played with our new app on the I-Phone to see how lines are especially with the crowd levels being a 9 and 10. It did not look too bad…. Maybe just maybe our luck will hold out!! :worship:

Based on last year and our timing, I really do not think fitting all of this in will be an issue. We were able to do all but Primeval Whirl and Festival of the Lion King before 2:30pm last year. So I am hopeful the crowd levels will be about the same (last year was a 9 and right now it is listed as an 8 all week for June). We will probably skip FOTLK this year because Keith isn’t real interested in shows.

My goal is to finish by 3pm or 3:30pm and go back to the resort to swim and relax before heading to Wilderness Lodge. We have ADRs at Whispering Canyon Café at 7:35pm. I plan to ride the bus to MK and then the boat from MK to WL. I also want time to wander around WL before we eat. Then our Sunday will be complete!!

Monday and DHS!!

We plan to be at DHS for the 9am rope drop (I am a firm believer in rope drop because it works so much better for us since we like the popular rides). Last year we chose to sleep in on the day we went to DHS and that was a mistake! Even with FPs we had to return on Friday so we could ride RnR. :headache:

We have three must-do rides and two must-do shows. The shows are Light! Motors! Action! and Indiana Jones. I have worked a schedule with our ADR for Sci-Fi and the listed times (as of right now) for these shows. Everything else will revolve around these three things. The 3 must-do rides should not be an issue. I will be using FPs. So here is the dilemma I have struggled with:
1. Rope Drop to TSM, get FP and jump in stand-by line; get FP when able for RnR or TOT and stand-by the other (stand-by in shorter line and FP longer)
2. Rope Drop to TSM for FP; then when available FP for RnR or TOT and stand-by other
3. Rope Drop to TSM for stand-by only then FP for RnR or TOT and stand-by other ; hope for TSM FP available when we can get another
4. Rope Drop to RnR/TOT; FP one and ride stand-by other; get FP for TSM when available

I :love: Toy Story and I really liked TSM (mainly because it is about Toy Story) so I really would like to try riding this twice. Oh the possibilities (and decisions)!!

IMG1566_1-1.jpg

Other than that our only other “must-do” rides are The Back Lot Tour (it was closed last year and we have never done this) and The Great Movie Ride. We will probably skip Muppets 3-D and Star Tours. If there is time we will walk through the Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream and maybe try out the Animation Tour.

So the basic plan is: Rope Drop is at 9am and will head to TSM/RnR/TOT in some fashion. Indiana Jones around 11:30am (30 minute show) and LMA at 1:20pm (30 minute show will release around 1:50) we will then head directly to Sci-Fi for our 2:05 ADR.
IMG1529_1.jpg
IMG1538_1.jpg

Where we plan to enjoy burgers, french fries, onion rings and milkshakes...away from the heat!

We will fit in Back Lot Tour, Great Movie Ride, Animation Tour and the Walt Disney Museum. This is also a PM EMH which may mean it will be crazy! I had planned on returning to the resort for a while and then go back for EMH. The only reason I would really want to do this is because I love TOT at night!!!

I hope to finish around 3:30pm to 4pm and then go back to the resort with three options:
1. Return for EMH (at least a couple of hours)
2. Remain at the resort and just enjoy what it has to offer
3. Remain at the resort but also ride the boat to DTD for a few hours (I am leaning towards this one because we have a HUGE day ahead of us!!!)

It looks like you have a couple of great days planned to start off your trip! I :love: Animal Kingdom too (although I will concede that it "feels" hotter there).

So here is the dilemma I have struggled with:
1. Rope Drop to TSM, get FP and jump in stand-by line; get FP when able for RnR or TOT and stand-by the other (stand-by in shorter line and FP longer)
2. Rope Drop to TSM for FP; then when available FP for RnR or TOT and stand-by other
3. Rope Drop to TSM for stand-by only then FP for RnR or TOT and stand-by other ; hope for TSM FP available when we can get another
4. Rope Drop to RnR/TOT; FP one and ride stand-by other; get FP for TSM when available

If you really want TSM 2x, I think option 1 is probably the best. It is really the only one tht gives you that guarantee.

It looks like you have a couple of great days planned to start off your trip! I :love: Animal Kingdom too (although I will concede that it "feels" hotter there).

If you really want TSM 2x, I think option 1 is probably the best. It is really the only one tht gives you that guarantee.

I feel like Option 1 is my best bet also. That has always been the original plan but then as I read things others post and the guide books, I begin to doubt myself. We would like to ride TOT twice also, but that seems more manageable than TSM!

I have only been to AK in March and October. It wasn't too bad at those times but I am sure June will be different! Especially with humidity! I really don't like humidity!! :eek:

Great plans for both your days and I love your photos!:)

A few comments:

I had to giggle when I read that you used your iPhone app to check out the wait times during spring break. I'm such a dork that I actually took screen shots. Great minds think alike. :lmao:

I think breakfast with Donald and KS is a great way to start your DH's first day in the parks. Plus, I personally hate waiting with the mass of people for rope drop and I'm glad your DH won't have to experience that on the first morning. :crowded:

EE's standby line should not be too bad but if it is, there is a single rider line that we took full advantage of last June. We never waited more than 5 minutes.

It's a shame your DH doesn't like shows. FTLK is one of the best in my opinion.

As for the TSM, ToT, RNR dilemma, we were in the same situation last year. I couldn't remember all the details so here is part of my trip report:

We had visited all the parks except Hollywood Studios (except Fantasmic) so we got up early to make rope drop at HS. Everyone was super excited about Toy Story.

FYI, this is the look your husband gives you when you drop the camera and shout obscenities in front of countless children:

2422406930102591727S425x425Q85.jpg

Waiting for the park to open with "a few" other people:

2999285070102591727S425x425Q85.jpg

As soon as the park opened DH went to get FPs for Toy Story. The kids and I took our time getting there. DH still had about 10 minutes in the FP line so he said to ride it without him. We only waited about 10 minutes in the standby line.

2081581360102591727S425x425Q85.jpg

2771967620102591727S425x425Q85.jpg

All the kids LOVED the ride. My score was the highest (kinda sad when you brag about beating little kids). We met back up with the DH. We couldn’t get more FPs till 10:50 and it was only 9:35. DN(7) and DN(10) desperately wanted to ride Rock-n-Rollercoaster. We warned them the standby line would be long but they said it was worth it to ride now so we all walked to RNRC and we got a rider swap so I could ride with the two dare devils later. The posted wait time was 60 mins.

I still think option #1 is the best. But you will not be able to get more FPs until about 11. Also, the standby line for RnR will be an hour by the time you ride TSM. Hopefully the standby line for ToT will be shorter though. If you would like, I can check the aforementioned screen shots and get an estimate for you.:goodvibes

Great plans for both your days and I love your photos!:)

A few comments:

I had to giggle when I read that you used your iPhone app to check out the wait times during spring break. I'm such a dork that I actually took screen shots. Great minds think alike. :lmao:

I think breakfast with Donald and KS is a great way to start your DH's first day in the parks. Plus, I personally hate waiting with the mass of people for rope drop and I'm glad your DH won't have to experience that on the first morning. :crowded:

EE's standby line should not be too bad but if it is, there is a single rider line that we took full advantage of last June. We never waited more than 5 minutes.

It's a shame your DH doesn't like shows. FTLK is one of the best in my opinion.

As for the TSM, ToT, RNR dilemma, we were in the same situation last year. I couldn't remember all the details so here is part of my trip report:

I still think option #1 is the best. But you will not be able to get more FPs until about 11. Also, the standby line for RnR will be an hour by the time you ride TSM. Hopefully the standby line for ToT will be shorter though. If you would like, I can check the aforementioned screen shots and get an estimate for you.:goodvibes

I am pretty comfortable with my plan for AK. I have to agree about not waiting with the masses...especially after my husband told us if we didn't stop talking about crowds he was going to back out and just let us go!!:eek:
We saw FTLK last year and really loved it. In my mind, I have that as an option depending on how the day goes. He may just like going and sitting for awhile...plus he has games on his phone he plays when he gets bored...

I think I am definitely going with Option 1 now! I would love to see your screen prints!! I am glad I am not alone in this realm!! :rotfl:This past Saturday was an "8" and Sunday was a "9" at DHS and looking at the times on the app, at 11am the return time for RnR was around 2pm so that is not too bad. TOT seems to have the shorter wait times in general. As long as it doesn't get too late...like 5pm or so!! I want a relaxing evening that night! A lot of my final decision will be on that morning when I see "how bad" it really is!! I just need to breath!! :rotfl2:

Oh and I can just imagine my husband giving me the exact same look!!!

Tuesday and the Magic Kingdom!!

IMG1107_3.jpg

Tuesday is AM EMH with Rope Drop at 8am. I plan to be there! I love Rope Drop at MK! :lovestruc I love the show before and going into the park and it feels so magical before the crowds start pouring in. We try to get there at least 40 minutes prior which means being at MK at 7:20 am or so!

I hope to see some of this (only in TomorrowLand rather than AdventureLand and FrontierLand!!):

IMG0862_4-1.jpg
IMG0865_4.jpg

before we begin seeing this :scared1::
IMG0942_4.jpg
IMG1009_4.jpg
IMG1010_3.jpg

Thankfully, because we had good Touring Plans last year, this did not affect us very much...so here is to hoping!!:thumbsup2

This is the one park stressing me the most. There is so much here we love to do but we usually are here for 2 – 2 ½ days…not 1 day!!! That is one reason I chose AM EMH for our MK day, even though MK is on the Avoid list for Tuesday. So my plan is to head straight to Space MTN and get FP and ride stand-by (maybe…not sure yet). Last year we were able to get FPs in AM EMH but I have read lately that the FP machines are still sleeping during EMH, so that may mean adjustments!. Then ride Buzz Lightyear before heading to Fantasyland and riding IASW and possibly catching Mickey’s Philharmonic (this one depends on the time...I think we can fit it into our day almost anywhere). Last year we did AM EMH and were able to ride Space MTN, Buzz, Tea Cups, Pooh and Snow White all before 9am. My goal is to be able to ride Space MTN, Buzz and IASW before the 9am rope drop into the rest of the park.
Then at 9am we will head to Splash MTN for FP and BTMR for stand-by (or vice versa but I would like FP for Splash to do later). Then head over to POTC. Beyond that will all depend on time because we will need to leave by 9:50am to ride the monorail to Poly for our 10:25am reservations at Ohana!!
IMG2147.jpg
the view from our table!!
IMG2157.jpg

Opinions???? Should we ride the monorail back to MK after breakfast or ride the ferry?

IMG0951_4.jpg

Hopefully we will make it back to MK around 12:30pm and can try to get into Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise and Mickey’s Philharmonic before the 3pm parade. Maybe pushing it but we will have later options as well. After the parade, the plan is to return to the resort to rest and then be back at MK around 6:30pm. We will fit in what we missed earlier and try to locate Ariel for Madison (Adventureland I believe). I would like to try to do Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise (at night) one more time.

The only things I have as possible options not on the actual “plan” is Barnstormer (since it will be our last opportunity to ride), Country Bears and Hall of Presidents . Importance is in that order. Again, this whole plan is based on the Touring Plans. This gives me hope to maybe be able to fit most everything in. I left a lot out that is actually included in the plans to make up for our breaks since they do not include breaks!! And of course we will conclude the night with the Electrical Parade and the new Nightastic Fireworks!!
IMG1425_1.jpg
IMG1446_1.jpg
IMG1447_1.jpg

I am exhausted just thinking about this day and we still have Epcot to do!! Whew!!

The one thing I hope to do is make myself go with the flow! I am so OCD when it comes to planning and following that plan. But I do know how to let it go….I hope I can manage this time!! :lmao:

And that leaves just one park...Epcot!!!

Wednesday/Our Last Full Day and Epcot!!! :sad1:

IMG0689_4-1.jpg

We end with Epcot because Madison and Chris wanted to end our WDW portion with Le Cellier. Since we do not have Park Hoppers that puts Epcot on Wednesday! Another long day!! But Epcot is the Best Park on Wednesday according to The Unofficial Guide so that is good as well! Epcot opens at 9am and we plan to be at rope drop. Our 1st stop will be Soarin’ and then we will get FPs for Test Track and Madison and Chris will ride Mission Space. Keith will not like this ride :sad2: so I will just hang out with him and find something to get into! I rode the green side last year...I won't miss anything by not doing it...plus Chris wants to do the orange side...nope not me!!

For Future World, we also plan to ride Living with the Land and (maybe??) Universe of Energy. I am not sold on it from what I have read. I do like forming my own opinion but I wonder if that should be done on another trip when I have more time. I am scared I will waste all that time when I could enjoy something else. And we will also ride Spaceship Earth somewhere in the day. I also plan to let Keith try the Beverly at Club Cool. I got Madison and Chris good last year!! It was great!!
It seems that everyone that takes these pictures have the same results, but I can't resist! Does anyone ever say "Yum that is soooo good!"???

Chris 1st (and notice Madison in her own little world...perfect set-up!) They had NO idea what was coming!!! :rotfl:
IMG1328_1.jpg
IMG1329_1.jpg

And then Madison...it took her longer to register the taste...I think!
IMG1330_1.jpg
IMG1331_1.jpg
IMG1332_1.jpg

NOTE: Chris had just finished playing in the Leaping Fountain outside HISTA so he was soaked...I noticed his hair and thought he may want me to declare why it looks so, uhmmm, messy!! :lmao:

I am hoping we can finish Future World by 12pm or shortly after and head to Canada to view the film before our 1pm reservations at Le Cellier. From there, we will make our way around World Showcase. I LOVE :love: World Showcase! I love the shops and the atmosphere, the entertainment and the whole flow.

IMG0700_4.jpg
IMG0756_4.jpg

This is the one part I really think Keith will like…I hope I am not disappointed!! The afternoon will be completely “go with the flow”. Madison and Chris do want to do Kim Possible this year. It was down when we tried last year, which was on our last day. (That figures! We went to Epcot 3 days and the one day we try something it is not working!! )

I really want to see Illuminations because we were too tired last year to stay and watch it. But if I miss it, there will always be next time!! But leaving will be so sad!

I have pretty much bookcased the trip with my two favorite parks—Animal Kingdom and Epcot. I think I am the very rare person that doesn’t have MK on the top of the list! But I do love :lovestruc Magic Kingdom!! Each park just has its own ambience and I think if I had younger children, MK would probably hold a higher ranking!

So as we leave on our last night this will be our final sight of WDW this time...well almost :thumbsup2
IMG0819_4.jpg

I think your MK plan looks great - and really do-able!

The pictures of the empty park are great. I barely recognize it.

I LOVE your fireworks pictures. I am going to try to take some this year for the first time.

For Future World, we also plan to ride Living with the Land and (maybe??) Universe of Energy. I am not sold on it from what I have read. I do like forming my own opinion but I wonder if that should be done on another trip when I have more time. I am scared I will waste all that time when I could enjoy something else.

I think Universe of Energy is fine. I liked the original better than the update with Ellen, but, in general, I am a HUGE fan of Disney animatronics and there are some good ones in there. That said, unless you want a lengthy break (about 45 minutes) in the AC, I would wait for a longer trip. There is SOOO much other good stuff at Epcot.

Karen

I think your MK plan looks great - and really do-able!

The pictures of the empty park are great. I barely recognize it.

I LOVE your fireworks pictures. I am going to try to take some this year for the first time.

I think Universe of Energy is fine. I liked the original better than the update with Ellen, but, in general, I am a HUGE fan of Disney animatronics and there are some good ones in there. That said, unless you want a lengthy break (about 45 minutes) in the AC, I would wait for a longer trip. There is SOOO much other good stuff at Epcot.

Karen

I am glad you think my MK day looks do-able! That helps me breathe some!! :)

By the end of that day the crowd was almost unmovable and we left for a break, but it was really neat getting pictures of emptiness! Later in front of Mickey's Philharmonic I saw the sea of strollers that I had read about...I think that was about the time we decided to leave!! They were 20 deep!! I felt like I was at a stroller convention or something!! :lmao:

You pretty much summed up my thinking on Universe of Energy. I know I want to do that attraction, but unless the day calls for it, I think I may just wait until next time!

And the fireworks pics was just a point and shoot! It was a new camera and I was so pleased with the pictures I got out of it! Thanks on the compliment! :goodvibes

So today marks 6 weeks until our trip!!! :woohoo:

:dance3:This is one of our big markers in our countdown! Actually, it is when we "officially" begin counting down!! :banana:

Nah, I am not excited one little bit!! :lmao:

We are heading to the coast this weekend to the Air Force Base to pick up our tickets. I just hope that 1) they remembered to leave them at the front desk and 2) these tornadoes they are predicting do not develop! That will not be fun to drive through!! Have a great weekend!! :yay:

So today marks 6 weeks until our trip!!! :woohoo:

:dance3:This is one of our big markers in our countdown! Actually, it is when we "officially" begin counting down!! :banana:

Nah, I am not excited one little bit!! :lmao:

We are heading to the coast this weekend to the Air Force Base to pick up our tickets. I just hope that 1) they remembered to leave them at the front desk and 2) these tornadoes they are predicting do not develop! That will not be fun to drive through!! Have a great weekend!! :yay:

Hope everything went well with the ticket pick-up. The weather was terrible in GA on Saturday. We didn't even leave the house. :)

Your MK day will be busy but I don't think you planned too much. You seem to have left plenty of time. But I think you will be tired from such a long day. :) Your EPCOT day is planned perfectly. If you go in the exit of MS there is an air conditioned play area with some spots to sit. If your DH needs a break by then, it is a good place to people watch while you wait for the kids. I haven't ridden Universe of Energy but I wouldn't waste 45 mins on it since you only have one EPCOT day. :confused3

Hope everything went well with the ticket pick-up. The weather was terrible in GA on Saturday. We didn't even leave the house. :)

Your MK day will be busy but I don't think you planned too much. You seem to have left plenty of time. But I think you will be tired from such a long day. :) Your EPCOT day is planned perfectly. If you go in the exit of MS there is an air conditioned play area with some spots to sit. If your DH needs a break by then, it is a good place to people watch while you wait for the kids. I haven't ridden Universe of Energy but I wouldn't waste 45 mins on it since you only have one EPCOT day. :confused3

I plan to update soon! It was a busy weekend. We do not live far from Yazoo City but thankfully we were spared bad weather! It barely even rained here, stayed just north. Yazoo City brings back memories of Katrina...a lot of rebuilding and sad stories!!

I hope with my MK day, we can make it to our top rides evreything else will be just gravy. I may even skip the afternoon parade if it is getting too crowded and hot. I just know I do not want to miss the Electrical Parade or the fireworks!!!!

Good to know about the exit...thanks! We just left last year and I honestly do not remember anything after we got out of MS. We had lunch reservations and that was our goal. I think I may just skip Universe of Energy...the vibe doesn't seem to strong for that one this go around!! :rotfl2:

Our trip to the MS Gulf Coast was very successful! We were lucky and only had extremely windy conditions but no rain. I was very thankful for that!

When we got to Keesler AFB's ITT Office, my 1st concern (them forgetting to leave the tickets at the front desk) was realized. :headache: But the girl was so helpful and called her boss, got into the safe and voila:

IMG_4512.jpg

Our Tickets!!! :woohoo:

Then on Monday, my maps came from Disney!

IMG_4518-1.jpg

So for this trip,at least, this is my version of Mickey Mail...:thumbsup2

Next up...the last Hoorah at Disney!

Thursday and one last Disney hurrah!!

With Thursday will come much sadness….we will be bidding the Disney World farewell… :sad1:

Last year we went to Ohana for breakfast before we left for home. I think this really was a fun way to end the trip! It was so much nicer than just “loading up and heading out”!!

This year we have an 8:05am ADR at Chef Mickey’s so we will head to the Contemporary Resort and have breakfast before heading out! We had supper there last year and it was good. Originally for this trip I had a hard time deciding if I should make a dinner reservation or breakfast. In the end, I decided to give breakfast a whirl!!

After breakfast we will probably take a walk around the Contemporary and also take in the Magic Kingdom for one last view before leaving! We do not have tickets so it will be completely an “on the outside wishing we were inside” view!! :headache: So technically… I’m ending my trip with the Magic Kingdom!! :woohoo: Cinderella’s Castle will be our last memory as we head to our car! :yay:

After we finish at Chef Mickey’s we will head out of town for St. Augustine and a different adventure awaits us!! So that ends the Disney portion of our trip!!

A brief synopsis for St. Augustine since it is part of the trip, but not technically Disney!!

I hope to arrive in St. Augustine around noon. This will give us 1 ½ days for sure. There is way too much going on in this town for such a short visit, but hopefully we will be able to enjoy a taste of what St. Augustine has to offer!

Since we will be arriving before check-in time, we will enjoy some the city. Our hotel is actually on St. Augustine Beach. :beach: We are using points for Choice Hotels so our choices were limited with us wanting to be close to the beach…so we have to walk across the street to get there, but it is all good!! :yay:

Our objectives for sightseeing are:

Must dos: Castillo de San Marcos
Spanish Quarter Museum
Old Schoolhouse
Old Drug Store
Gonzalez/Alvarez House (Oldest House)
And of course the beach

Other to-dos:Fort Matanzas
History Museum
St. Augustine Lighthouse and Museum
Old Jail
Nombre Mission
St George Street (shops and such)
These will be added as time allows.

Others on-list: Fountain of Youth-the kids really wanted to go here but the more I read the more it sounds like one big tourist trap. I may be able to find other ways to spend $40!
Ghost and Graveyards Tour (this is just a possibility that we are mulling over)
Memorial Presbyterian Church (the architecture looks beautiful here!)

Right now for our main meals we are planning on Mango Mangos and Schrooners’ (because if you are close to the water…fresh seafood is a must!!) I am still looking at menus but pricing is an issue since I will have forked over a nice little bundle at TS meals at WDW!! So the seafood restaurant may change. I am keeping an eye on reviews at Trip Advisor!

We really love history so this should be a good buffer between leaving Disney and entering back into the real world!

The last time I went to St. Augustine, I was in 4th grade in 1986. I remember seeing my first orange growing on a tree and was thrilled (I bet that really made my parents’ day that something so simple could thrill me!!) I also remember peaking through the gates of the Fountain of Youth (evidently my dad had the same observation I am getting of this place!!) And I remember going to the beach. It was the first time I had seen the Atlantic Ocean. I was only used to Destin, Florida, and this was so very different! No soft white sandy beaches here! At least from what I remember but that was so long ago! :rotfl: So basically this trip will be new to me as well!

We plan on leaving Saturday to head home. It is a 10-11 hour drive. We may or may not choose to do something in the morning, drive a while and then spend the night in Pensacola before completing the journey! We like having at least the majority of Sunday to recoup before heading back to work on Monday morning! So we do not want to have a long drive that day!

And that is my basic itinerary….which as of right now I have 36 days to contemplate and second guess what I have done so far!! :rolleyes1

I think b-fast at Chef Mickey is a fabulous way to end your Disney trip!

DH and I went to St. Augustine for a quick get-away three years ago (two whole nights away from our kids - the only time we have ever spent a night away from them!) We had a great time and did many of the things on your list. There is also some good outlet shopping nearby (I am an outlet addict) and a really, REALLY, horrible winery (FL wine = YUCK!)

There is also some good outlet shopping nearby (I am an outlet addict) and a really, REALLY, horrible winery (FL wine = YUCK!)

Oh, maybe we will have time to check out the outlet! I love good outlets! I love going to the one in Sevierville, TN. We always try to do school clothes shopping there when we go!

I saw the ad in a tourism guide for the winery and wondered...thanks for the tip!! :thumbsup2

Chef Mickey's will be a great way to end your Disney part of the trip. Plus you won't be hungry on the road. Now that I've read all your plans, they sound perfect. I don't see how your DH won't be a Disney lover by the end of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter