I can't tell if we've landed...Spring Break 2018 with Grammy and the teens-UPDATE 9/30

I fell woefully behind (silly work) but am all caught up now!

The guy was super nice and asked if we get 3 fastpasses, or 3 fastpasses/day for 3 days. I was like, "Sure! That'll work too!" and that's what he gave us. Nothing wrong with a little fastpass pixie dust to start out your vacation :wizard:
That is awesome!!! So you got 3 extra fast passes for every day???

10-jpg.329666

We could literally watch the fireworks from our room every night without using a hefty amount of points to do so.
What a great view! I've never tried touring plans for rooms, but even with my basic requests (like high floor) we never seem to get what we are looking for. We have had great luck with their dining finder thought.

More BLT room pics...
6-jpg.329675
What a great layout, with tons of room. Looks like someone could even sleep on the bench by the table if you needed extra space.

I ended up downloading and using Uber for the first time ever and I got to DHS just in the knick of time. It may have been a minute or two past because my time stamp here is 12:18 and we had just tapped through-
Great idea!

Can't you just feel the bliss and joy coming right up off the computer from them? They really ought to be featured in a WDW commercial, Amiright?!:rotfl:
16-jpg.329684
Total joy! I think we have the newest Disney models!

I kind of LOVE the theming of this ride, though I'm not a fan of drops. When Nicholas was 4, he went on this with his dad while I stayed and rocked Allie who had fallen asleep in her stroller. Once he got off, he was so excited and wanted to go again and said, "it's not scary mommy." Well, I thought, if a four year old isn't scared then it can't be too bad, right? WRONG! I was petrified and hated the whole thing! I was really nervous that Nicholas was so little and I kept thinking he was going to fly up and out of his seatbelt, there was just no way I could appreciate it.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Good for you for doing it again. Its not my favorite, but I will do it. Thankfully Jason and Casey won't so I can pass for now!

Oh that poor kid in the front row!

rnrc2-jpg.329931

Yup. Somehow, they got me on this again. Looks like everyone else in our car was having a good time, while I (once again) had a death grip on the handles and was forcing myself to keep my eyes open…at least for the picture. Then they closed and stayed closed for the whole rest of the ride. It's the ONLY way I can handle it :scared1:

Good for you. Think Casey is finally going to try it for the first time in August.

41-jpg.330110

They were okay. I would eat here again in a pinch, but there are definitely better places I'd like to try in DS and honestly, I kind of missed our traditional, "Earl of Sandwich" meal so for a QS dinner, I'd probably go there instead.
Sorry it was a bit of a dud, but the burgers certainly do look good.

Nicholas was in an unusually good this morning, even offering to take the mom selfies :laughing:

3-jpg.330655
Wow, impressive for a teenager!

When it was finally time, Grammy got ready to NOT get wet…I usually don a poncho too, but since my hair was already curly and it was warm out, I didn't really care about getting a little wet.
31-jpg.331239
Gotta suit up! I remember my Mom used to do this when we went to amusement parks as kids but she full on just put a trash bag on herself. I was mortified.

I didn't see it, but in the first video, the mama is standing on the side…they said she was upset because her baby was just run over :sad:
RIP poor duck 2018 :sad:

And now, a quick detour from this trip report to just a few of my favorite poses with garbage cans :rotfl:
You certainly are trashy :P

43-jpg.331741

We love Tony's, even though they get lambasted here. When choosing our ADRs for this trip, I asked everyone if they'd rather go to Tony's or Be Our Guest…the overwhelming response (well, from Allie and Grammy…Nicholas can't be bothered with planning details :P) was Tony's!
I've been hearing better things with the new chef, but still don't think we're up for trying it. I''m Italian and Jason owned an Italian restaurant for a while, so to say we are picky is an understatement.

But we all REALLY loved our meals. My raviolis were so delicious and the pasta tasted very fresh. The sauce was kind of a light, blush sauce and the little julienned veggies on top seemed weird to me at first, but tasted delicious with the raviolis. My ONLY complaint about my meal is that it wasn't a very large portion.
Glad to see you enjoyed!

Hi, I am enjoying your trip report. We were at Disney the same time you were and with two teens in tow. My sons had the same expressions when they allowed me to take pictures!

Love reading about your trip so far. It looks like all of you were having a fantastic time together. After reading about the dessert party, I just booked it for Mom and I when we go in November. I'm always looking for things that I think my mom will like since this may very well be her last trip to WDW. I can't wait to read more.

I fell woefully behind (silly work)

I hear ya, except I have found myself with a couple weeks of free time (thanks to my hysterectomy)…that's why I've been able to catch up on reading TRs and writing my own. Once I go back to work, all bets are off!

So you got 3 extra fast passes for every day???

Just for three days. And we had to choose which parks right then so we chose MK, DHS, and EP.

I've never tried touring plans for rooms,

It worked great this time...I'm hoping for good luck again in October!

Total joy! I think we have the newest Disney models!

:rotfl:

Oh that poor kid in the front row!

He cried the WHOLE time he was in line and the WHOLE time on the ride. I don't know why parents would make their kids do something they are uncomfortable with :sad2:

Good for you. Think Casey is finally going to try it for the first time in August.

Do you ride RnRC? Casey seems much braver than me, I'm sure she'll love it!

I remember my Mom used to do this when we went to amusement parks as kids but she full on just put a trash bag on herself. I was mortified.

Oh my! :rotfl2: Didn't they make ponchos back then?

You certainly are trashy :P

That, I am!

I''m Italian and Jason owned an Italian restaurant for a while,

Oh wow…that would be amazing, having all that access to yummy Italian food. But yea…maybe you should skip Tony's :P

Hi, I am enjoying your trip report. We were at Disney the same time you were and with two teens in tow. My sons had the same expressions when they allowed me to take pictures!

:welcome:

Thanks for joining…and understanding! I'm sure your boys loved it though, just like my kids really do but they just have to be difficult :goodvibes

Love reading about your trip so far. It looks like all of you were having a fantastic time together. After reading about the dessert party, I just booked it for Mom and I when we go in November. I'm always looking for things that I think my mom will like since this may very well be her last trip to WDW. I can't wait to read more.

Thank you! Which dessert party did you book, the garden view or tomorrowland terrace view? Either way, I'm sure your mom will love it. That's so sad, but so true…you never know how many more trips they have in them…I will keep taking my mom as long as she's able:love:

I hear ya, except I have found myself with a couple weeks of free time (thanks to my hysterectomy)…that's why I've been able to catch up on reading TRs and writing my own. Once I go back to work, all bets are off!
Oh no, I forgot you were having this done. Not the way you want a few weeks off though. Hope you are doing better.

Do you ride RnRC? Casey seems much braver than me, I'm sure she'll love it!
Its not my favorite but I'll ride it. I just don't being launched at the beginning but I"m good with the rest

He cried the WHOLE time he was in line and the WHOLE time on the ride. I don't know why parents would make their kids do something they are uncomfortable with :sad2:
Poor guy. I don't get it either.
Oh my! :rotfl2: Didn't they make ponchos back then?
I'm sure they did, but i'm also sure they cost more then 10 cents :-)

Hope you are doing better.

I am, thanks :-) Just going a little stir crazy because I can't drive, so I'm stuck home with a huge pool and lovely weather and I can't swim. I've been channeling my inner Miss Daisy and have had my Nicholas driving me around, but he just has a learner's permit so we don't go very far :laughing:

I just don't being launched at the beginning

That's the worst part :crazy2:

I'm sure they did, but i'm also sure they cost more then 10 cents :-)

Hysterical! :rotfl2:

PS-You need to take more frequent trips because I miss your TR!

Hi! I just binge read your report so far and am loving it!! I had to laugh at your 16 year old.....you are getting exactly the same look I get from my twin 16 year old boys! Aren't teens fun? Your room at BLT is gorgeous and it looks like you are having a great time so far. Looking forward to reading more!

After reading that your mom had to stand while waiting and during the fireworks, I thought it would be better to book the tomorrowland terrace party. I've done the World of Colour dessert party in California Adventure so I'm hoping my mom enjoys this one as much as I liked that one.

Wow the poor dragon, I did read about that but totally forgot until you mentioned it.

The dessert party looks nice, I have wanted to try one but Andi always vetoes this and I don’t blame her. She has a peanut allergy and is not big on the allergy friendly desserts!

I do like HEA and it was fun watching it from our balcony but at least once in front of the castle is a must!

Beautiful pics of the kids at the entrance and of the castle
I love the partner statue so much
Love HEA and the dessert party is the way to go
We’ve done the Terrace one 3 times twice with HEA and once with Wishes
Your pictures are great
Hope your doing ok following your procedure :hug:

Oh boy I didn't realize you'd had surgery either, hope you're feeling better! Sounds like you have no choice but to take it easy which is good so you can get the OK to return to "normal" asap lol

WDW found out how people love these walls, so they are getting in on it and (of course) trying to cash in on it o_O They repainted part of the wall right before we got there…
Ah, got it! Thanks for keeping me somewhat cool :cool1:

My problem is that I don't think there ARE that many great TS in the MK. We love The Plaza
I do agree, it's right above HS in that respect. We enjoy the Plaza and at least Steve and I like LTT for lunch; we'll see if the boys do come Nov. And we always enjoyed BOG until our last visit but we only like it for dinner. Skipper's was fine the one time we went but the boys would NOT like it and after returning to CP in May after 4 years, I can safely say I'll stay away for the rest of my life lol. So maybe I'll bite the bullet and we'll try Tony's :)

I love the HEA pictures! I considered doing the dessert party in Nov. since our boys haven't seen HEA yet, either and I hate the way it gets so crowded now. But then they added the AFTER HEA dessert party and I'm hearing that caused them to do something to the viewing area to the BEFORE party? Now I'm confusing myself :crazy: but I know something about the new after party is having a negative effect on the before party that caused me to reconsider. Guess I better go back and read to figure out why!

Hi! I just binge read your report so far and am loving it!! I had to laugh at your 16 year old.....you are getting exactly the same look I get from my twin 16 year old boys! Aren't teens fun? Your room at BLT is gorgeous and it looks like you are having a great time so far. Looking forward to reading more!

Thanks! It's funny, when they are cute and little and you hear moms of teens talking, you never dream that YOUR teen is going to act like…well, a typical teen :rotfl: The teens are fun in their own way though :goodvibes

After reading that your mom had to stand while waiting and during the fireworks, I thought it would be better to book the tomorrowland terrace party.

Smart choice. You'll be seeing it a little from the side, but at that point, I would have gladly sacrificed that straight on view for her to be able to sit. I don't know what I was thinking when I booked that :confused3

Wow the poor dragon,

:sad1:

She has a peanut allergy and is not big on the allergy friendly desserts!

I've seen those boxes they give out and I don't blame her :crazy2:

Beautiful pics of the kids at the entrance and of the castle

Thank you. Maybe it's better to do them so late in the day because the area really cleared out ::yes::

I love the partner statue so much

:worship::love:

We’ve done the Terrace one 3 times twice with HEA and once with Wishes

We did it with Wishes and loved it. We'll definitely do the terrace next time!

Hope your doing ok following your procedure :hug:

Doing much better, thanks! :-)

Oh boy I didn't realize you'd had surgery either, hope you're feeling better!

Feeling, much better, thanks!:-)

after returning to CP in May after 4 years, I can safely say I'll stay away for the rest of my life lol

Ha! I forgot it even existed :laughing: We used to like the breakfast there so maybe in a couple years I'll bring my little niece.

So maybe I'll bite the bullet and we'll try Tony's :)

Nothing says, "glowing endorsement," like choosing your ADRs based on a lack of options :rotfl:

I hate the way it gets so crowded now.

I was astonished at how early people started sitting on curbs, and how crowded it gets :scared1: I don't think we'd watch it from Main Street at all if it weren't for the dessert party.

But then they added the AFTER HEA dessert party and I'm hearing that caused them to do something to the viewing area to the BEFORE party? Now I'm confusing myself :crazy: but I know something about the new after party is having a negative effect on the before party that caused me to reconsider. Guess I better go back and read to figure out why!

Oh, yea. I forgot they did this. They added the after fireworks dessert party, but they put all the after fireworks party people in the same viewing area. So while you're supposed to be in enjoying your desserts, all the people going to the dessert party afterwards are getting into the viewing area and getting the better spots. That sounds really sucky, though I don't know how it's affecting the viewing in there. I know @chunkymonkey did the after fireworks party and liked it. I guess if we are going to do the terrace seating for my mom next time, it won't really affect us anyway, but I guess I'd read some reviews and see just how many people they pack in there before I shelled out that kind of money for the garden view.

Joining in!

I was there for Spring Break too, the weather was great!!

Your dessert party photos make me want to rebook my dessert party I had booked for my upcoming July trip but I feel like with the after party now Ill feel too stressed about finding a spot. Looks like you guys had a perfect spot though!

Joining in!

I was there for Spring Break too, the weather was great!!

I don't want to jinx it, but that's pretty typical of the weather we get there every April. Just perfect!

Your dessert party photos make me want to rebook my dessert party I had booked for my upcoming July trip but I feel like with the after party now Ill feel too stressed about finding a spot. Looks like you guys had a perfect spot though!

I know…I would be stressed about that too. Maybe it's not as bad as we think…and for sure it won't be as bad as NOT having the reserved garden viewing. I'm actually irritated that Disney just about doubled the people in the viewing area and are charging the same price. Not cool, Disney :sad2:

APRIL 9, 2018
AFTER HAPPILY EVER AFTER

After the fireworks, Grammy was beat and walked back to BLT. The kids and I wanted to stay and use up the last couple of extra FP we had for today. Plus, we were able to book an extra FP since we had used our three scheduled ones already. We ended up getting a FP for another trip to the Caribbean to hang with some Pirates…
1.jpg

2.jpg

We then headed back to the wildest ride in the wilderness
3.jpg
which I had never done at night, but it was SOOOOO much better than during the day! I don't know why exactly, but it was super fun and more scary :scared1:

And lastly, we took one last trip (for today) down Splash Mountain.
4.jpg

I guess we were more tired than I thought, however, because we all fell asleep :rotfl:
6.jpg

And with that, we headed out of the MK
5.jpg
and walked back to BLT.

Not to worry though, a few hours of sleep and we'd be back for some Early Morning Magic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter