I don't understand difference between CCV and Boulder Ridge

Sleepydog25...great explanation! Thank you!
Thanks! There has always been a certain amount of confusion surrounding the Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness, and the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge. The new resort, new construction, and new names didn't help. It's all still "home" to me. :thumbsup2

Except in the legal descriptions of the villas according to Timeshare laws. Just like OKW is not OKW legally. It is Disney Vacation Club. BRV will always be Villas at Wilderness Lodge legally.

So should we only call OKW as Disney Vacation Club? Personally I am glad that OKW owners didn't cling to the original name as it would be confusing to the rest of us Disney Vacation Club owners.

I made a special point of visiting Geyser Point to have the fabulous salmon blt, only to find my favorite WDW good was GONE! So disappointed.

I made a special point of visiting Geyser Point to have the fabulous salmon blt, only to find my favorite WDW good was GONE! So disappointed.
Agree! Very disappointed. It was a topnotch sandwich, bursting with salmon and bacon. Not only was it tasty, but for the size and quality, it was almost a bargain by Disney standards. Had it twice before it disappeared. I voiced my disappointment to management, but of course, got the stock "we make changes to menus all the time" and "always looking for ways to improve our offerings." In short, it was excellent and now it's gone. . .along with the two different eggs benedict in the mornings, including the crab ones. A brief, unscientific comparison of menus now vs. some of which we still have photos seem to show a reduction in the number of fish and seafood dishes at Disney restaurants. If so, it's likely a cost-cutting measure, good food be damned. Sigh.

Agree! Very disappointed. It was a topnotch sandwich, bursting with salmon and bacon. Not only was it tasty, but for the size and quality, it was almost a bargain by Disney standards. Had it twice before it disappeared. I voiced my disappointment to management, but of course, got the stock "we make changes to menus all the time" and "always looking for ways to improve our offerings." In short, it was excellent and now it's gone. . .along with the two different eggs benedict in the mornings, including the crab ones. A brief, unscientific comparison of menus now vs. some of which we still have photos seem to show a reduction in the number of fish and seafood dishes at Disney restaurants. If so, it's likely a cost-cutting measure, good food be damned. Sigh.

In November when at Geyser Point, I too expressed my disappointment that they eliminated the salmon BLT and the waitress said they could made one up for me but the sauce was different as they no longer carry it and they used the whole grain bread. Not quite the same but still pretty good.

In November when at Geyser Point, I too expressed my disappointment that they eliminated the salmon BLT and the waitress said they could made one up for me but the sauce was different as they no longer carry it and they used the whole grain bread. Not quite the same but still pretty good.
That's at least good news they can do the basic sandwich. When I mentioned it to a manager, he said they could do the sandwich with some prior notification, but perhaps they can do a version just on the spot. I can make do with mayo, I suppose, though it's not the same. Thanks!

Alas visiting the WL lobby it was definately busy on Sunday as we started our resort hopping...we spent a good deal of time checking out the CCV area and walking down by some of the cabins and checking out the new pool...We did get served fairly quickly at the Geyser Bar and loved sitting comfortably in the shaded area...
Although our DVC resort is BWV the Lodge always holds a special place is our memory bank of visiting often when the 5 grandkids were quite small..

I just don't understand this. They did a lot of work and spent a lot of time to improve the seating to improve the experience and then made the main part - the food - worse? As it was the menu and food prep was a shadow of it's former self and had been dumbed down only a few years earlier. I thought that Gasparilla Grill at GF was improved on a bit with it's refurb but most others are getting taken down to theme park levels - few choices for a captive audience. Just a few years ago Mara was my favorite resort QS followed by Roaring Fork. After the changes a few years ago Roaring Fork dropped in my ranking with the exception of the Magic Bar which is truly Magical. :laughing: And now it sounds even sadder like it may be hitting the bottom of my list next to Capt Cooks which also has gotten worse IMO. Of course there is the new counter service over by Geyser point but I think that's seen some changes since it opened too?
I agree. We were very disappointed in Roaring From last week. The food was awful. We only stopped there for Mickey Waffles. the food at Geyser Point was excellent though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter