I feel so bad for my sister!

Colleen A.

<font color=green>Disney Planning Maniac!<br><font
3 years ago, my sister's son and his 1 yr old son, moved back home after the relationship with the boy's mother fell apart. My sister has basically raised her grandson since then, even though her son lived home, she was the primary caregiver. She knew her son had mega bills after the split so she NEVER asked for a dime to help with the increased grocery, electric and water bills. She wanted him to get back on his feet. As his show of appreciation, he announced on New Years Day that he and his new girlfriend had found an apartment and would be moving in about 3 weeks. She had no idea they were even thinking about this! That would of had them moving this weekend. Well, he surprised her again Saturday and moved out early. :rolleyes: Her grandson was with his mother for the weekend so she has not had the chance to 'say goodbye'. :( She was raising him as if he were her own. She sounded so upset last night! :(

Granted, I know the boy is not her son, but I think her own son should of taken his mother's feelings into consideration and let him know where the relationship was heading. To leave so suddenly only lead to heartache. His son was so close to my sister that when she would go away on vacation, he would cry and want her home. That was only for a weekend! Imagine how he is going to feel when his 'home' is gone! :mad: It sounds my nephew is more concerned with 'his' life than his son's!

Sorry for the rant....just needed to get this off my chest!:bounce:

That is sad. Maybe there will be a way for her to keep contact with her grandson. Do daycare for him or babysit.

{{{{hugs}}}} to her.

angryfire.gif
I think you are right.
angryfire.gif

The same thing happened on my IL's side of the family. DH's brother and nephew lived with them for a year, wouldn't even let them know if he would be home for dinner or not. Then walked in one day and said he was moving back home. It is very upsetting, but MIL does do her best to get as much time with her grandson as possible. Sometimes trying so hard that we feel our kids are leftout.:rolleyes: It isn't right when they just take things for granted.

My greatest concern is for the child - He has moved now 3 times? - Once he lived with Mom & Dad - then Dad and GM now Dad and new GF? I hope for the childs sake this new relationship works I wouldn't want to see his situation changed again.

I hope your sister can see the child often - did they move close? as previously mentioned can she take care of him during the day? - maybe see him for some overnights?

I hope something can be worked out to keep the bond(obviously very important to GS) intact.

Yes, he has moved 3 times. At least the first move he doesn't remember. He was only a year old. His 'home' has been with his grandparents since then. He doesn't even remember having his own bedroom - he has been in the room with his dad since that time. I can only imagine how he now feels - not only a new place to live, but alone in a bedroom can't be easy. Don't know how understanding the GF will feel about him climbing into bed with them!:eek:

My sister will still see her grandson in the mornings before she goes to work (she has volunteered to take him to the sitters) and again after she gets done work at 4. She has told her son that only he is allowed to pick his son up after he gets done work. This will go on til June when he will need to go to a new sitter. He is 5 and will start kindergarten in the fall. At least it wasn't a total break.

My sister told me she would call me later today and let me know how Chris is. She went into work early today so hasn't seen him since Friday. :( It might sound horrible to say, but maybe she shouldn't of been so nice and asked him to help pay all the bills. Maybe then Chris would still be 'home'! :rolleyes:

I've been tagged!!!:bounce: :bounce: :p I was beginning to think the 'tag fairies' didn't know I existed!;)

That's so sad, Colleen, kids so often are hurt by things like this. Plus your sister really was not thought of or considered at all. Very thoughtless and thankless. My best for her and her grandson.

I hope that little boy adapts to his new living arrangements well. Sorry your sister is so sad, I would be sad too :(

{{{HUGS}}} sweetie

Katholyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter