I had it narrowed down to AKL but then....

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Disneyhenry, Mar 13, 2018.

1. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

I didn't think AKL had any rooms with a king and queen. Interesting.

2. Disneyhenry

Disneyhenry DisneyRosie

They do have a HA room that is a K and a Q

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Thanks, learned something new today.

5. gillep

gillep DIS Veteran

I love AKL, and don't think it borderlines on being a moderate, as a pp stated, at all, it has all of the Deluxe amenities, including some of the best restaurants on property, and two great feature pools, but I think that if I were in your position I would choose The Poly. The CR is great, but I think it will be more fun to relax around The Poly. Good luck making a decision!

6. Minnesota!

Minnesota! Shoeless in Minnesota

AKL wins for me every time. However, you having a scooter, I imagine busses aren't your favorite mode of transportation. So, I would look at Poly or CR. If the pool is the big draw, Poly would win. If saving money is the draw, CR wins...

What about WL?

Disneyhenry likes this.
  7. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

Since you have an ECV, i'd pick a monorail resort. CR would be awesome for proximity to MK. Its a quick zip across the street or monorail ride. But the pool there is a little sad for a deluxe. Since you'll be spending a lot of time at the pool, perhaps Poly is a better fit. Gorgeous resort.

Disneyhenry likes this.
  8. Happiest.Haunt_999

Happiest.Haunt_999 An aura of foreboding...

Don't let PP sway your opinion of the resort. That person obviously went in with a negative attitude to begin with. AKL is definitely not borderline moderate by any means and is beautiful with wonderful wide range of amenities. Have fun OP!

Disneyhenry likes this.
  9. Disneyhenry

Disneyhenry DisneyRosie

We will have a car so that will help, WL is sold out during our stay :(

10. Minnesota!

Minnesota! Shoeless in Minnesota

I would choose AKL, then, if bussing isn't a factor. It is an amazing resort.... the pool at Kidani is pretty awesome, too..

11. tseitel

tseitel Mouseketeer

Whenever we have been on the monorail with my mom & her EVC only the people that were standing right in front of the doors, blocking her from getting off anyway, would get off before her. Anyone seated or behind her wait till she pulls out.
    Have never had a problem or a mad dash of any kind.

Disneyhenry likes this.
  12. BabyFu18

BabyFu18 DIS Veteran

Do you have any more information on this room setup? When I asked about an accessible room at AKL I was told the rooms with a roll-in shower had 1 king bed and 1 sleeper sofa. Is that sleeper sofa counted as the queen bed? I really want to stay at AKL but I don’t really want anyone to have to sleep on a sleeper sofa or a pull-out (everyone would prefer an actual bed). We need the roll-in shower and the 2 actual beds, but from what I was told over the phone that isn’t an option at the Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House (w/a Savannah view).

Disneyhenry likes this.
  13. Disneyhenry

Disneyhenry DisneyRosie

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY[GALLERY=[/GALLERY]
    That’s what we need, my DS is super picky about his bed and I will hear about how uncomfortable a pull out bed is, I just don’t want to hear about it idk how to post a picture I’ll try to message you One

14. BabyFu18

BabyFu18 DIS Veteran

Thanks, I’m totally interested if it’s actually two beds in the room (no matter the size), from the pictures I was directed to on Disney’s website it certainly looks like a king bed and a pull-out/couch (which wouldn’t work for my family).

15. Disneyhenry

Disneyhenry DisneyRosie

I have more info I’ll pm you - ok I sent you a PM
    It is 2 beds not a pull out, but 2 beds

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  16. Shellyb84

Shellyb84 DIS Veteran

With 11 nights I would do a split stay. They are both great resorts and it would be like two vacations in one. I think AKL has the better pool. We love Ohana but overall I prefer the dining options at AKL, I prefer their QS over any other resort's.

If you don't want to split, that sounds like a good deal for Poly if it's cheaper than AKL so I would probably go with that.