I just tried to make a reservation at the Dolphin

jaye614

Mouseketeer
for June 2003 but they said it's too early. I thought you could make a reservation up to 18 months prior?

Were you trying to book using one of the discount rates, i.e.--nurse, gov, teach?? If so, those dates are not yet released that far out. I have heard only into Feb so far--not sure if that is accurate.

You should be able to book your room now and adjust the rate once discount dates are released, if your dates fall into a discount time period.

I also tried to book April 2003 (Easter break) with a teacher rate and was told it was too early. They said 6 months out. For me (compulsive planner) that seems done to the wire!

jaye614,

We were able to book our reservation last Oct to go in Sept of this year, so that is 11 months out. . That was also at the Gov/Nurse/Teacher rate. I would call back and try again.

Good luck!

You can reserve a room online for June 2003 at www.spg.com - but neither the AAA or the government rate is available yet. Other discounts such as AP, Disney Club, teacher, or nurse - have to be reserved through the hotel itself or through Dreams Unlimited.

Last July I was able to book the teacher's rate at the Dolphin for April. That was 9 months ahead. I would keep trying rather than wait until 6 months out.

So if I'm trying for the government rate and make an reservation now I may have to put down a bigger deposit down? If I don't get the government rate, I would not be able to afford staying there.

6 months out is not an accurate statement, necessarily, but, as accurate as can be. It's more like a minimum of 6 months.

Once a year, discounted dates are released for the following year.I think it was around Oct or Nov last year, that 2002 discount dates were released. So, yes, you could get discounted ressies for more than 6 months, then. As the year has progressed, obviously, the time frame has gotten smaller, as new dates have not been released yet.

When the 2003 dates, as a whole, are released, we'll again be in the "more than 6 month ahead" time frame.

If you do book now, before the discount dates are released, you will be charged the deposit at that rate. It will be refunded or applied to the rest of your ressie (whichever you instruct) when you change the ressie to the discount rate.

Works just like the WDW hotels, only most of the time, you can book much further ahead at the discounted rates.

I just called the Dolphin and I could get the government rate of $123 plus tax from 5-23 June 2003. That will be the most I ever paid for a room at WDW but I'm sure it will be worth it!

Originally posted by jaye614
I just called the Dolphin and I could get the government rate of $123 plus tax from 5-23 June 2003. That will be the most I ever paid for a room at WDW but I'm sure it will be worth it!

Hi jaye614,

$123 plus tax and fee a night for a deluxe resort is a great rate. Rack Rate for a standard room at the Dolphin in value season is $325 plus tax and fee. Enjoy your rate assuming it is within your vacation budget and hope you have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter