I know it's a long way off... but.. 2018 Dopey

Any reason the 2018 races wouldn't be until the weekend after Martin Luther King Day? Moves out past the New years crush, and gives a long weekend heading into the week of the 5k, 10k, half, and full, meaning people might be off from work that Monday and take more time at WDW.

Any reason the 2018 races wouldn't be until the weekend after Martin Luther King Day? Moves out past the New years crush, and gives a long weekend heading into the week of the 5k, 10k, half, and full, meaning people might be off from work that Monday and take more time at WDW.

That would run counter to the historical timing of WDWMW and cut into the gap (and prep time) between it and Princess Weekend. I would be shocked if they moved it out to that weekend. I think this is a case of "if it isn't broken, don't fix it".

Two things have put me off of doing Dopey in 2018:

- Anniversary years - registration will probably be a pain and (even though they don't change my perspective on things) lately the anniversary medals stink.
- Dates - I have a good approximation as when the 2018 Marathon weekend dates will be and they pose too much of an issue, thus 2018 I will probably do the GSC. Then return back in 2020 for Dopey or Goofy

My guess is Marathon weekend will be the VERY first weekend in January 2018, thus dates of races being 4th-7th. But It could be different so until rD officially releases dates, it's all speculation.

Wish I could do it. Especially with the excitement over this year's Dopey, but I've never even done a full marathon and it's just soooo expensive! Maybe 2028. :)

After how much I loved 2016 dopey challenge I am hoping I'll be back for 2018....only thing stopping me is the registration process. Sister and boyfriend also wanting to join me and might persuade my mother to do the 5k! Do we really think registration will be that bad? I know everyone on here will wanna sign up but hasn't there been a decline in demand the last few events. Don't get me wrong I'll be there when it opens with my card ready, I'm taking zero chances!

Most definitely!!! Assuming I survive the registration process. Give me ALL the bling!!

I just found this thread! My friend and I started planning on Dopey 2018 a few hours after we ran our first marathon - Disney 2016. I am also anxiously awaiting the dates. If it's that first weekend, it falls within our Xmas break, and that would mean I would probably have to take my kids this time and I had better start saving now. :crazy2:

Why did I read this thread? I hate you all :-) I want to do Dopey so badly now in 2018, but how should I tell my girlfriend?

I use this method in the business world: inoculate her against the bad news. Just like the flu vaccine, you give a controlled amount (of the bad news) so that immunity is built up.

Honey, I really want to run the Dopey in 2018, but I think it's too expensive, $700 (note the inflated price.)

Then you continue to mention it monthly (booster shots?)

When it comes around to registration time, she's inoculated against it!

I really would like to do Dopey 2018!! This year's Lumiere's Challenge will be my first Run Disney and I'm already itching to do another one!! I'm thinking of registering for Disneyland Half 2017 when it opens. I've never done a full and have no inclination to do one EXCEPT at Disney. Has anyone done their first full marathon doing Dopey?!? Just thinking about registering for it stresses me out! I already know I'll be at the computer at 11:50am, logged into active and hitting the refresh button constantly :sad2:

I'm so excited.....talked to my DD yesterday and she wants to do Dopey2018 with DS and me! Now to get registered o_O

The PLAN is for DD26 and I to do Dopey 2018 then DDD to get our Coast to Coast. But for sure at least Dopey (if we can get in!) :)

I really would like to do Dopey 2018!! This year's Lumiere's Challenge will be my first Run Disney and I'm already itching to do another one!! I'm thinking of registering for Disneyland Half 2017 when it opens. I've never done a full and have no inclination to do one EXCEPT at Disney. Has anyone done their first full marathon doing Dopey?!? Just thinking about registering for it stresses me out! I already know I'll be at the computer at 11:50am, logged into active and hitting the refresh button constantly :sad2:
You sound exactly like me, had never done a full with no inclination to do one except at Disney!!! Did Dopey this year which was my first full and I'm still here to tell the tale lol!!! Totally loved it, although if you'd asked me that at mile 18 you'd have got a totally different reaction ha ha!! Vowed I'd never do another full again but the lure of Disney and Dopey 2018 is too much and as long as the dates fit with school etc I'm in again!! You can do it, Disney Magic will get you round!! Good luck xx

I did my first full as part of Goofy + 10k this year and had an absolute blast doing it! I'm going back for Dopey this year. It's completely achievable and the atmosphere really provides a boost of energy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter