I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have looked at the quick queue, but Gahhhhhhh it is sooooo expensive. I even have 2 Busch Garden offers on my Amex and could use those, but don't think I can do it. It is more than I paid for the tickets!

I feel you!!! We've never paid for it, even with AP discounts we just can't stomach it. Everything is totally doable if you plan to be there all day. Just try to do the more popular ones early if coasters are your thing! There are no parades or outdoor shows to draw crowds away from the attractions like at MK. Make sure to stop by the animal hospital (across from the elephant exhibit) - we've caught some really neat procedures/experiences in there!

Hah! DD exactly. She never remembers any of it, random things. Least the laundry in on the upper level but no where near the bathroom. I joked with DW a year ago that I need to setup a tripwire before the stairs so I know if she attempts to go down stairs, just worried about her falling on the stairs being half asleep.
My 6 yr old DGD did this for the 1st time almost a year ago. She walked out of the house on a rainy/sleety night to the last barn on the property with just her pj's and socks on. It's an old rickety livestock building. I bought a motion sensor for the hall by her room and they added a deadbolt to the back door and hide the key :crazy2:. She just did it again a few weeks ago but they found her on the 1st floor. She's scared now, I feel so bad for her :sad: I thought it was something they grow out of in a couple of years.? But not in your DD's case?

Weird Plastiq story. Logged on this morning to see if DH might have gotten the 1% fee promo despite not getting the email. Set up a dummy payment to check. Saw a $20 fee on a $2000 payment. So I went back to change all the info to actually use the deal, got it all set up, got to the last page, and it was back to 2.5%. :confused: Maybe I was just seeing things? Was I mistaken? Kind of my last chance to have time to use Plastiq for college tuition for spring semester. Oh well, maybe next summer again.

New to thread. But not new to DISboards. I joined planning my first family trip to DW and got sucked into the churning game of Target/eBay for Disney Gift Cards and did well making our first trip way more awesome than initial budget would have. Our family has no credit cards and has not for 10 years. (My husband is user on his dad's AE blue for emergencies). We live outside the US so no international fees is very important. We are looking for travel perks, of course cash back is great as well as points. Our airport is super small on our little island(RTB). No SW but they have come to see about adding here but so far have not. Family of 6. DH, myself and kids 15,13,11, and 9. We are US citizens and have a US mailing address but not much else ties us there. Will be scanning this thread over the next few days but so far just first page stickies. Looking forward to joining your family if I can slide in.
Welcome to the most friendly family on the Dis. :hug::welcome:

Just got another $5 from amazon for a package being late. It was supposed to come today. It’s pretty important because it’s a zipper kit. My suitcase came off the plane with the zippers ripped off. Luckily nothing fell out of the suitcase but now we have to try and fix it before we fly out Monday.

On a completely unrelated note, we’re watching the new episode of the mandalorian and it’s so good!

I don't think I've done a Minimum Spending Sunday post in a while so let's see what you're working on.

Me:
  • $10k on Amex Biz Plat. Planning to do a mix of organic spend since Amex likes that, grocery store (no L3 data) GCs, and paying our property taxes via Plastiq.
  • ~$3.4k on US Bank Biz Rewards. This one is going slooooow since they only gave me a $500 CL.
P2:
  • If approved (applied this morning, status line at 2 weeks), $5k on CIP.
  • Otherwise he'll be helping out with organic spend towards my Amex plat using the free AU green card I got him.
Edited to add: I should probably let P2 know he applied for a new card...

Me, working on:
  • Citi Biz AA $5k
  • SW Perf Biz $5k
  • Applying for SW Biz or Personal this week
  • DH to apply for something worth applying for now that he broke the dam with Allegiance

Question about Sams Club offer. I have a $20 gift card for Sams, this brings a $50 Disney gift card to $27.98 so I threw in another item to bring total to $33. My question is if these items ship separately will the Amex offer be triggered? Or is this like the Chase BJS offers? What has been everyone else’s experience here?

Weird Plastiq story. Logged on this morning to see if DH might have gotten the 1% fee promo despite not getting the email. Set up a dummy payment to check. Saw a $20 fee on a $2000 payment. So I went back to change all the info to actually use the deal, got it all set up, got to the last page, and it was back to 2.5%. :confused: Maybe I was just seeing things? Was I mistaken? Kind of my last chance to have time to use Plastiq for college tuition for spring semester. Oh well, maybe next summer again.

I miscalculated the payment date with Plastiq and all the holidays and ended up paying tuition out of my bank account. Boohoo I think I did the same thing last December. Maybe next year I will learn. Probably not. lol

No, I have checked the balance on it, more than once. And I checked the states money website, and it is indeed now listed under his name and unused prepaid card, or something like that, that he can claim.

Shuffle? Is anyone finding the offer anywhere but the Aspire?

on amex site, it will only load 100 Amex offers. U need to add more offers to your card, refresh, the new offers will load after u add some.
i think on mobile, it only shows 50.

New to thread. But not new to DISboards. I joined planning my first family trip to DW and got sucked into the churning game of Target/eBay for Disney Gift Cards and did well making our first trip way more awesome than initial budget would have. Our family has no credit cards and has not for 10 years. (My husband is user on his dad's AE blue for emergencies). We live outside the US so no international fees is very important. We are looking for travel perks, of course cash back is great as well as points. Our airport is super small on our little island(RTB). No SW but they have come to see about adding here but so far have not. Family of 6. DH, myself and kids 15,13,11, and 9. We are US citizens and have a US mailing address but not much else ties us there. Will be scanning this thread over the next few days but so far just first page stickies. Looking forward to joining your family if I can slide in.
Welcome! with no credit cards, u have a lot of play room that u can do. This game is addicting, let me warn u first about that lol.

Last edited:
on amex site, it will only load 100 Amex offers. U need to add more offers to your card, refresh, the new offers will load after u add some.
i think on mobile, it only shows 50.

Amex limits the number of offers to

Welcome! with no credit cards, u have a lot of play room that u can do. This game is addicting, let me warn u first about that lol.
I tried on my cards and both kids' cards to no avail:( Oh well. I really don't need another club membership. I need to simplify my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter