I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plat airline credit resets on Jan 1? Or is it card year?

I could add EBCI to the flights in the next 2 weeks to make use of it and remove my need to watch the time for check in. If it's card year I may just wait.

Do you know if this would would with Barclay? I would like to just use the easy button to spend the rest of the $2K I need to the spending bonus. And with the MS/Serve mess going on I think it would be worth to just spend the $60 in fees... I will probably try to spend some of it but have other MSR to worry about.

I am not sure on that. I have only done it with Chase Cards. Maybe others would know if you can use Venmo to meet MSR on Barclay cards.

It's calendar year. Which is why triple dip works. :)

I still need to figure out what I'm going to do if anything. I hate to leave it on the table but I don't fly southwest or united which seem to be the easiest to deal with. Suppose I should go look at flyertalk again since I'm going to run out of time.

Well, SW Business app was a bust. Got the denial letter today. First reason was business structure. I guess sole prop?
and "We also used your credit score."...845. Too good? They realize they won't make much money off of us.
Bummer. Hope a good personal offer comes out. At least I have my CP through June.

I feel like my pop up was related to my old debt (which hasn't really been an issue until Covid) because P2 was also getting popup. I just paid off a card last month (two more to go!). I increased spend a little on my Surpass, did one purchase on my Bonvoy Biz and pretty much kept Gold spend normal for about 4 weeks. In my case, if it were spend I would think I would have needed more than I did. I do think paying off some old debt helped in my case. I have not tested P2 yet to see if he's still getting the pop up. I might do that soon though. I had been trying for a Blue Cash when I was getting the pop up, it is coming up in his pre-qualified offers now.

I think there are just several things that lead to the pop up and you just have to figure out what it is in your case.
All I can think of is the fact my Surpass is at the max and they just extended my CL on it. So maybe when I pay it off. Otherwise, I'm spending good on my cards.

Question about Sam's club - I have had a membership through work for a long time that is expiring next month. I would like to start with my own membership - what is the best deal? Is there an Amex one going on?
I got an offer for $45 of (the cost of the membership) from my Discover It card. I NEVER go to Sams for for "free" might as well get the membership. The BF wants to check them out anyways, LOL

Called and got the $150! Easy peasy! AF was charged 10/1. Thought it might be too late until I read the DPs on Doc.
Wait? Mine just posted on 11/1. Is this coming off the $450? Because mine posted as $450. Did you say anything? Off to read Doc and call :)

All I can think of is the fact my Surpass is at the max and they just extended my CL on it. So maybe when I pay it off. Otherwise, I'm spending good on my cards.

I got an offer for $45 of (the cost of the membership) from my Discover It card. I NEVER go to Sams for for "free" might as well get the membership. The BF wants to check them out anyways, LOL

Wait? Mine just posted on 11/1. Is this coming off the $450? Because mine posted as $450. Did you say anything? Off to read Doc and call :)
I have a Discover It card. I’ll have to check and see if I can find an offer with It!

It's calendar year. Which is why triple dip works. :)
Thanks! I was trying to search quickly before running out the door and nothing was jumping out at me. I'm A-list so just need EBCI for the three, I think I'm going to do that instead of messing with travel credits. If the credits could still be converted to points that would work well for me though.

WWYD? I’m reading the reports about getting $150 retention offers on the CSR. I was just about to downgrade DH’s to a CFF. Now I’m debating - I get that with the $150 off, it’s basically free if you use the $300 travel credit. BUT, we’ve already used the $300 travel credit for the coming year, without paying anything. So it WOULD cost us $300 to keep it, since that’s $300 we wouldn’t otherwise pay. We would use the $60 DoorDash credit, but that’s probably it. I also have a CSR, so we are covered on PYB and such. My head says to still downgrade but my heart feels like I’m somehow missing out on a deal???

WWYD? I’m reading the reports about getting $150 retention offers on the CSR. I was just about to downgrade DH’s to a CFF. Now I’m debating - I get that with the $150 off, it’s basically free if you use the $300 travel credit. BUT, we’ve already used the $300 travel credit for the coming year, without paying anything. So it WOULD cost us $300 to keep it, since that’s $300 we wouldn’t otherwise pay. We would use the $60 DoorDash credit, but that’s probably it. I also have a CSR, so we are covered on PYB and such. My head says to still downgrade but my heart feels like I’m somehow missing out on a deal???
I would downgrade since you have the CSR...why don’t you call and ask about a retention offer on yours...mine call was super easy 5 min the worst they can say is there isn’t an offer and I was prepared to hear that

I guess I’m wondering - even if I get the $150 retention offer, should I keep it??
The way I math my CSR out is $450AF-$300 credit-$150 retention offer= 0...We use DoorDash so I’m up $60 there, I’ve used PYB to offset almost $7,000 so far, plus we book vacations with the travel portal so for us keeping 1 CSR is worth it....but may not be for everyone

Last edited:

theres also some $250s too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter