I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked my Chase offers and the Gaylord offer is back on there today. I wonder if it’s worth the effort switching out my incidentals card after I hit $250. Probably not.

Question: If I PC my CSP to a Freedom, do I get the $200 bonus? And then wait a few days to reapply for the CSP. Just want to be clear about earning the bonus and UR's. Is it per card or per account linked to Chase? It's been 5+ years since I got the initial UR's for the CSP. I have off today and I'm geared up and ready to start!

And I'm keeping an eye out for the Amex Platinum - I have Gold, would I apply for a new card or just upgrade?

Question: If I PC my CSP to a Freedom, do I get the $200 bonus? And then wait a few days to reapply for the CSP. Just want to be clear about earning the bonus and UR's. Is it per card or per account linked to Chase? It's been 5+ years since I got the initial UR's for the CSP. I have off today and I'm geared up and ready to start!

And I'm keeping an eye out for the Amex Platinum - I have Gold, would I apply for a new card or just upgrade?
No you would not get the $200 bonus if you PC your CSP to a Freedom.
you would need to apply for a new Freedom bonuses are per new card applications
From what I have read yes it recommended to wait 4-5 days after doing PC to apply for the same card

If I PC my CSP to a Freedom, do I get the $200 bonus? No, SUBs are only for new card application.
And then wait a few days to reapply for the CSP. Just want to be clear about earning the bonus and UR's. Is it per card or per account linked to Chase? It's been 5+ years since I got the initial UR's for the CSP. recommendation is to wait 5 days after you PC the card. and you should be good to earn the bonus again. Hopefully the 80K support links are still active next week for you.
I have Gold, would I apply for a new card or just upgrade? Apply for the new card.

Thank you.

Editing to add that I used chat on the app and they immediately processed my refund even tho I booked through BA.

Thanks again!

Make sure your AA number is attached to your rez on ba, which may be hard to do since you would've needed a BA one to book the flight. But that's probably why it didn't pop up as being free automatically.

I did exactly that when we stayed there. I just wanted down and asked the, to put X on this CC.
I’ll check and see where we are on total. I was guessing we’d be right around $250.

The other thing I’m unsure about is parking. My son finishes his semester today and he’ll be meeting us here at the hotel so we’ll have two cars parked for 1 night. since we just use the room key to get into the lot, I don’t know if we’ll have to pay for two cars or if they just charge per room.

I’ll check and see where we are on total. I was guessing we’d be right around $250.

The other thing I’m unsure about is parking. My son finishes his semester today and he’ll be meeting us here at the hotel so we’ll have two cars parked for 1 night. since we just use the room key to get into the lot, I don’t know if we’ll have to pay for two cars or if they just charge per room.
I would just have him use your room key.

@Judique Is the surgery for cataracts? I’m only 49 but the eye dr told me this week I’m already getting them. Particularly in my right eye. Don’t need surgery yet, thankfully. But I’ll need it eventually I’m sure.

DD17 and I decided to take a mental health break this week. We’re spending two nights at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville. That’s why I wanted to see my Chase offers earlier in the week, but the offer didn’t renew anyway so that day they were down didn’t matter much. I think the Bonvoy offer is better anyway. I was going to use my AAVacations travel voucher to stay here but I called them to book it and they extended the expiration on it to Dec ‘21 for me, so no urgency to use it right away. I’ll use it when I can get full value from it. So I used UR to book the room and I’m using the Bonvoy offer on incidentals. I imagine it will be $250 by the time we leave Saturday. Nice to use my points and offers for something fun again.

No, I actually had my cataract surgery in 2017. This is a clouding that occurs in 30% of people who have had cataract surgery. Even wearing readers doesn't make it better. I noticed it earlier this year, and didn't jump on it, and eventually found out what it is (confirmed). Once August/September rolled in it seemed to progress faster. It's so blurry I don't feel safe driving, not to mention reading/writing. Too bad it wouldn't stop me from eating too many goodies!

When I went to make my appt, I ended with an almost 3 month wait. Not expecting that. Have tried for a cancellation but not successful so far. 2020.

Enjoy your vacation adventure!

I just checked my Chase offers and the Gaylord offer is back on there today. I wonder if it’s worth the effort switching out my incidentals card after I hit $250. Probably not.

I don't know what kind of Gaylord offer you got, but if it's like '10% off up to' type, I'd probably switch it out, but you will have to make sure they apply the first credit card correctly before changing cards. If it's only a dollar or two, might not be worth the hassle.

I'm a real early bird and usually go walking when I'm in a hotel early like sunrise. That means walking by the desk there aren't a whole lot of people looking for service and I'll get things done in that time frame. But if my option was standing in line, in a busier time frame, I'd skip it.

Targeted Amex Offer for +8MR at Amazon thru 12/31/20, max 3000 MRs. I found it on DH's vanilla Plat (not the Schwab though) and Gold. I added it to his Gold since he has the elevated earn on it from me getting the Green last month, so this will be 12MR earned at Amazon on $375.
I saw that on something this morning - my Rose Gold. I also have an offer for Amazon, Target and Walmart, for 8x extra Marriott points.

I don't have any extra money in my budget for all these deals! (Added the offers anyway just in case.

Gpt the Chase 'used your offer' emails! Even though I couldn't see the offers the day I used them. Now for them to be applied to my balance so I can pay and forget.

Targeted Amex Offer for +8MR at Amazon thru 12/31/20, max 3000 MRs. I found it on DH's vanilla Plat (not the Schwab though) and Gold. I added it to his Gold since he has the elevated earn on it from me getting the Green last month, so this will be 12MR earned at Amazon on $375.
Thank you! We’ve been awful at checking our offers lately but dh and I both have the +8 MR for Amazon on our BBPs and we’ve already finished our cash back with discover. We basically buy everything from Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter