I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the time I have been dreading may have arrived. Dd texted me last night saying that she can't go to London, the Maldives, Singapore and Dubai in May because she has a computer science course that runs from May to August. I am almost certain that it's online, so I'm not sure why she can't study while we are away (though it would be hard to study in London, Singapore and Dubai where we will have daily activities). I will have to talk with her live about this when she comes home in a few weeks. I'd be willing to trim the trip back a bit by removing Sinapore and Dubai if necessary. The WA Maldives was so hard to get for 9 nights and I don't realistically think I'd be able to get it on points again (they are only releasing rooms in 4 night blocks now and have been for some time). Edited: she said she will have live tutorials and due to time differences it wouldn't work :sad2::sad2:

Enjoy traveling with your young ones while you can. Time goes by too quickly...far too quickly.

I'm now thinking that I will go to Vienna and possibly Florence next December to visit some Christmas markets and maybe attend a Viennese waltz (this is on my bucket list and has been since I learned {and fell in love} with the Viennese waltz last time I was in Vienna).

Last edited:

Well the time I have been dreading may have arrived. Dd texted me last night saying that she can't go to London, the Maldives, Singapore and Dubai in May because she has a computer science course that runs from May to August. I am almost certain that it's online, so I'm not sure why she can't study while we are away (though it would be hard to study in London, Singapore and Dubai where we will have daily activities). I will have to talk with her live about this when she comes home in a few weeks. I'd be willing to trim the trip back a bit by removing Sinapore and Dubai if necessary. The WA Maldives was so hard to get for 9 nights and I don't realistically think I'd be able to get it on points again (they are only releasing rooms in 4 night blocks now and have been for some time).

Enjoy traveling with your young ones while you can. Time goes by too quickly...far too quickly.

I'm now thinking that I will go to Vienna and possibly Florence next December to visit some Christmas markets and maybe attend a Viennese waltz (this is on my bucket list and has been since I learned {and fell in love} with the Viennese waltz last time I was in Vienna).
Groupie...I am sorry to hear that it might not work out. We have managed a few short trips with one or two of our young adult children, but it's getting harder as their commitments increase. Longer trips would not be workable. I do have to say, though, that your trip sounds like it would be AMAZING, and your alternative idea for Vienna/Florence sounds wonderful as well!

FYI - on the page where you generate Chase support links, it now will show your YTD status!

Example:
kbXRmy8.jpg

I got an email about an easy bank bonus for those that fly AA and have a Citi Business card:

Earn 30,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after you:
1. OPEN a new Citibank business checking account between November 3, 2020 and December 31, 2020
2. SPEND at least $1,000 on qualifying purchases using your new CitiBusiness® Debit Card within 60 days after account opening

I messed up my first and only bank bonus (Chase) but this seems almost fool-proof.

Any idea how much it cost? Was this under Bonvoy or the old SPG program? I'm intrigued as well!

@disneybirds already gave her excerpt from her trip report and mentioned the 14,500 spg points, which was a real deal in my opinion because prior to Marriott, I stayed a lot at the Swan and a few times at the Dolphin to stretch my DVC and also before DVC.

The Swan also has Junior suites which are more like one huge room with a sofa sleeper/living area, which was larger than the alcove suite. That could be had at the time for 20K spg (which is now 60K Marriott) so I'm sure they would probably charge a lot more now, if you got it on points since it's now a cat 6 hotel.

I used to book a points and cash room - $60 and 4K spg points, then call in and get upgraded to a better deal such as suite or Cl (don't think they have this anymore at Swan) for more points. Or book the teachers rate or a government rate and upgrade with points from that - there was a lot of flexibility.

One deal that I see they still run is the Family deal, where you get connecting rooms, sometimes at 25% off, sometimes at up to 50% off. A connecting room deal with a king, 2 queens and 2 bathrooms can sometimes be had for the cash price of an alcove room. These are more January or slow time specials on cash, but calling the hotel or even Marriott may yield a surprise especially this particular January.

The king/2 queen adjoining set up is a popular Westin hotel feature, which prior to Marriott, Swan was under Westin management as part of SPG. Dolphin was under Sheraton management - full beds versus queens, and skimpy baths, lol.

The downside is the $30 fee and if you have a car the parking fee. Yucch on that - every so often I'll think about a free night and then remember those fees.

Thinking of applying for the Business Platinum finally. I want to get 4 Dell credits out of one year of membership. Should I wait until mid December to apply? DS is wanting a wifi repeater so I'm wondering if I should wait to buy one from Dell.

Called DVC this morning to knock off a night in February and to see what would happen to those points as they were borrowed.

They will be put back to 2021. This will continue to happen at least through the end of January, for anyone wondering. It is getting consideration about 2 months in advance.

I also checked on my January trip points to see if I had any 2019 wrapped into that and there are 4 BWV points, so no biggie. Still planning on going but will be watching the world. And also what can be done with points as I roll my trips forward. Probably add a night at Hilton Head in March. I've still got points I haven't banked so plenty of options. I feel okay about traveling to Hilton Head, but much less okay about anywhere in Florida right now. Need this mess to be over.

For fall of 2021, I've started a reservation but only booked 1 night so far as people are walking, so this forces me to walk behind them to get my nights. I considered a one bedroom, but a studio works better since I will do more Food and Wine booths, and less cooking. Usually at BWV, it's the standard nights that book in the first 10 seconds. This time around they are booking all 3 categories of studios. My ploy last year was to book any available night - this year each day is gone until the walker gets what they want.

Also decided to try for a grand villa at Hilton Head in the late fall. Would love to be there right now! There are only 5 of these so not always easy but we will see.

Logged into my AA account, nothing new since the 3 miles I got in August for a survey. I also don't see an expiration date anywhere. I looked back at the monthly emails they send me, the July one said miles expire 12/2021, the August one does not list an expiration date either.

Went through the Chase website to cancel DS's December flights home. :sad1: Despite the warnings that it could take a while, credit came quickly. Gotta check if Alaska flies into Reagan.

Thanks for the heads up on the AA. Even though it was only 100 miles. It was nice to see the 5400 miles from the BF's couch there now too though, LOL. And I should have the 75k coming from the Barclay biz. So my AA account will be nicely reloaded soon for next summer's trips to the beach, LOL. I still have the personal AA Citi I can jump on at some point too to add to them. Then I'll be waiting for however long you have to for churning.

I got an email about an easy bank bonus for those that fly AA and have a Citi Business card:

Earn 30,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after you:
1. OPEN a new Citibank business checking account between November 3, 2020 and December 31, 2020
2. SPEND at least $1,000 on qualifying purchases using your new CitiBusiness® Debit Card within 60 days after account opening

I messed up my first and only bank bonus (Chase) but this seems almost fool-proof.

Ugh, now I'm sad I got rid of my Citi Biz AA in Oct. Doh!

Couple things not sure if anyone mentioned. First, a target 10% of target GCs is this weekend I believe (reportedly December 5-6) Use Discover for an extra 5% (Red card won't give a bigger discount)
Second AA supposedly giving everyone with an AA account a 'gift' December 2-16, be it miles, Admirals club pass or Complimentary MCE seat.
Also got an email for $10 off with PayPal when using Discover rewards with a purchase of $50 or more.
I got the discover email too plus another one for 10% off using discover on Apple pay up to $100.
Thanks for the reminders. I also have an extra 3% cashback on my Discover through 12/15/20 (email dated 10/8 if you want to double check if you got it). So I'll be getting 8% cash back on top of the 10% on the Target gift cards. And I have the 10% off Circle offer that expires 12/12, so I'll use the discounted gift cards on a purchase before that expires.

Got the 50k MR retention offer for DH's Plat! This is the one he upgraded from Gold with an upgrade offer. I tried for an offer couple days ago on his Plat that he (I) applied for before taking the upgrade. No dice on that one. I paid off a balance early in the meantime, not sure if that made a difference. I was debating asking about an offer on that card again but the chat agent ended the convo before I could do that lol.

Last edited:
So, I feel foolish. :faint: I forgot to unfreeze my credit before an app. What is the best course of action now? Should I unfreeze and reapply or do I need to recon? I got the "we'll let you know" Chase message.

So, I feel foolish. :faint: I forgot to unfreeze my credit before an app. What is the best course of action now? Should I unfreeze and reapply or do I need to recon? I got the "we'll let you know" Chase message.

Unfreeze it and call. Let them kbow you forgot to unfreeze it but you've unfrozen it can you please put it through again. A lot of us have done it, it was an easy call.

Called DVC this morning to knock off a night in February and to see what would happen to those points as they were borrowed.

They will be put back to 2021. This will continue to happen at least through the end of January, for anyone wondering. It is getting consideration about 2 months in advance.

I also checked on my January trip points to see if I had any 2019 wrapped into that and there are 4 BWV points, so no biggie. Still planning on going but will be watching the world. And also what can be done with points as I roll my trips forward. Probably add a night at Hilton Head in March. I've still got points I haven't banked so plenty of options. I feel okay about traveling to Hilton Head, but much less okay about anywhere in Florida right now. Need this mess to be over.

For fall of 2021, I've started a reservation but only booked 1 night so far as people are walking, so this forces me to walk behind them to get my nights. I considered a one bedroom, but a studio works better since I will do more Food and Wine booths, and less cooking. Usually at BWV, it's the standard nights that book in the first 10 seconds. This time around they are booking all 3 categories of studios. My ploy last year was to book any available night - this year each day is gone until the walker gets what they want.

Also decided to try for a grand villa at Hilton Head in the late fall. Would love to be there right now! There are only 5 of these so not always easy but we will see.
We are here since Thanksgiving, staying at the Marriott Royal Palms and move to BWV on Friday.
I feel safe eating at Disney restaurants, they are social distancing the tables. DH wanted Cracker Barrel no social distancing...it was a mess..so I wouldn’t eat outside of Disney right now.

The MK was more crowded yesterday that I thought it would be, but everyone wearing masks, plenty of hand sanitizer. Studios last Friday was fine, but we went in at 3:30. Epcot has also been fine.

We are here since Thanksgiving, staying at the Marriott Royal Palms and move to BWV on Friday.
I feel safe eating at Disney restaurants, they are social distancing the tables. DH wanted Cracker Barrel no social distancing...it was a mess..so I wouldn’t eat outside of Disney right now.

The MK was more crowded yesterday that I thought it would be, but everyone wearing masks, plenty of hand sanitizer. Studios last Friday was fine, but we went in at 3:30. Epcot has also been fine.

Sent you a freebie if you can use it! Came in my email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter