I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could try the automated status line: 1-800-432-3117; after listening to the initial recorded message then hit #, 3, 1 I believe.

Thank you! "Application being reviewed." Well at least it doesn't say denied! It also doesn't distinguish between the business vs personal applications. I appreciate the help!

Here's your friendly reminder that Southwest Airlines next schedule release is expected to occur NEXT THURSDAY December 10th. For those planning to snag flights, set those calendar reminders so you don't forget! I'll post additional reminders as the date draws nearer.

Currently SW is offering flights through 4/11/21 and this next release will take their schedule out to 6/5/21.
For those that care about "release timing" it can vary, but here are the recent "go live" of previous releases:

Release Date - Time (eastern)
8/13/20- 9:15am
5/28/20- 9:06am
3/12/20 - 9:40am
12/11/19 - 9:10am
10/30/19 - 7:15am
9/26/19 - 7:30am
8/15/19 - 10:41am
5/30/19 - 9:20am

Also ICYMI, 2 months ago I shared some thoughts about SW schedule extension patterns here. Southwest has had just 4 schedule releases in 2020 vs. 7 in each of the past two years and that comment delves a bit deeper into what's going on.

Do you need the Chase Freedom Flex to get the 5% for groceries? DH has the regular Freedom with rotating categories. I switched our Instacart from the CSR to the freedom thinking we would get 5% back instead of 3% because we were ordering groceries from Price Chopper. We only ended up getting 1%. Not a big deal, but I just want to make sure I understand which card gives the 5% for groceries because I thought one of them does? If it’s the flex we need, should be switch his card to that?

Do you need the Chase Freedom Flex to get the 5% for groceries? DH has the regular Freedom with rotating categories. I switched our Instacart from the CSR to the freedom thinking we would get 5% back instead of 3% because we were ordering groceries from Price Chopper. We only ended up getting 1%. Not a big deal, but I just want to make sure I understand which card gives the 5% for groceries because I thought one of them does? If it’s the flex we need, should be switch his card to that?
The 5x on groceries is for the first year up to $12k in purchases on new applications of CFF and CFU accounts,

Last edited:
The 5% on groceries is only for newly opened accounts, Flex and Freedom Unlimited. I don't think PCing a card to a Flex counts as a new card, if that is what you are asking.

The 5x on groceries is for the first year up to $12k in purchases on new applications of CFF and CFU accounts,

Thank you! DH has had his for a year. It was PC’d from a CSP and we are trying to decide if we want to do the flex or the new ink cash offer, which offers a larger bonus. I’ve heard the business cards have been harder to get approved. I don’t foresee a problem, but just trying to weigh the bonus versus overall card benefit. We are ordering groceries a lot, so would likely make out with the flex, along with the other benefits. Does it matter if it’s the quarterly or unlimited? Do both give the 5% on groceries?

Last edited:

PPK + PQ is officially dead. I want to thank everybody in our group here for exercising discretion around this topic and keeping the discussion on the MS thread on DISchurners. That's probably all that should be said on our main thread regarding this loss, but I did post the contents of the email over on DISchurners if you want to read it.

Last edited:
Don't think I got an answer previously. Anyone know if Target sends L3 data to Amex? Thinking of grabbing $500 of target gift cards this weekend using an Amex I'm working on a retention offer on.

Don't think I got an answer previously. Anyone know if Target sends L3 data to Amex? Thinking of grabbing $500 of target gift cards this weekend using an Amex I'm working on a retention offer on.

this is sorta a loaded question haha. Target does not provide L3 data to amex automatically... however, if they find something fishy and weird, they may call the store and ask about it.

Your amount should be fine, ive done $3000 a couple years ago on my BBP.

this is sorta a loaded question haha. Target does not provide L3 data to amex automatically... however, if they find something fishy and weird, they may call the store and ask about it.

Your amount should be fine, ive done $3000 a couple years ago on my BBP.
Got it. I know it's not 100% safe but I'm not super risk averse so I'll take a shot. Thanks for answering!

UGH! Do you know how I do that? Will the charges just show on the "bigger" main account? So I don't have to worry about it? I was debating in a year if I want to keep the biz or personal barclay. The biz is $5 cheaper, but I don't think worth the headache their site is! Y'all weren't joking...
When I log in, towards the center is a down arrow, clicking shows "manage accounts". I think you can add a new account, i.e. your daughter, that way. 4F62472A-DD12-411D-B52C-659B7B6CC70F.jpeg

Got it. I know it's not 100% safe but I'm not super risk averse so I'll take a shot. Thanks for answering!

if u want to be safe safe, just do $300 on 1 credit card, $200 on another. target 2 years ago had it where any amount over $1500 was deactivated. this could change year to year. last year, there was no demand on them but i did acquire $900 using 3 different credit cards.
Amex, you should always be safe unless its a card u never use. id be more worried with target than amex honestly...

Couple things not sure if anyone mentioned. First, a target 10% of target GCs is this weekend I believe (reportedly December 5-6) Use Discover for an extra 5% (Red card won't give a bigger discount)
Second AA supposedly giving everyone with an AA account a 'gift' December 2-16, be it miles, Admirals club pass or Complimentary MCE seat.
Also got an email for $10 off with PayPal when using Discover rewards with a purchase of $50 or more.

This is maybe old news, but my Hyatt free nights 2019, and 2020, have been extended to Dec 31, 2021.

Someone mentioned it some time back, but mine weren't extended at that time.
Hopefully I can safely use them in fall of 2021.

if u want to be safe safe, just do $300 on 1 credit card, $200 on another. target 2 years ago had it where any amount over $1500 was deactivated. this could change year to year. last year, there was no demand on them but i did acquire $900 using 3 different credit cards.
Amex, you should always be safe unless its a card u never use. id be more worried with target than amex honestly...

Might actually be a circle offer which would cap it at 300 unless you have access to multiple circle accounts.

I apologize - didn't read through everything and saw that there was a post about this (PPK and PQ) up above urging discretion. Content removed.

Last edited:
The maximum discount was upped this year to $50, so capped at $500 in GCs. No need to split.

It's also a Target circle offer this time so getting multiple offers is hindered. :(

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...t-card-discount-2020-two-day-sale/3780101001/

Couple things not sure if anyone mentioned. First, a target 10% of target GCs is this weekend I believe (reportedly December 5-6) Use Discover for an extra 5% (Red card won't give a bigger discount)
Second AA supposedly giving everyone with an AA account a 'gift' December 2-16, be it miles, Admirals club pass or Complimentary MCE seat.
Also got an email for $10 off with PayPal when using Discover rewards with a purchase of $50 or more.
Do you know if the gc discount works online or do you have to go in stores?

ETA: never mind I see now

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter