I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally good SW offers! So if my DH applied for a business card and was denied, is there a time frame I (he) should wait before applying for a personal card? He's 2/24.

Today is our fly home day.

I give Disney credit for trying and I'm so thankful they are open. I don't have any prior Thanksgiving week travel to compare to, but I was not entirely pleased this trip. We've been in here September and July of this year. I knew going in that this week would be different from those two trips and I did mentally prepare myself. I did feel crowds were lighter than some blogs proposed which was nice. However, there were just way too many people completely ignoring the spacing strips. I would love to see Disney bring back some CMs stationed in some lines to guide/enforce that. When you have the people behind you breathing down your neck there's not a whole lot you can do about it while in line. Several of the sanitizer machines were empty this trip. I bring my own, but my crew tends to grab what's provided on the way out of a ride, We found wait times either pretty exact or a bit less than posted. Even though the line looks long (Haunted Mansion!), the wait times are, for the most part, accurate.

Today we say good-bye to the popular, much loved, Polynesian Tokelau 3914. This room has the best balcony. It's classified as standard view, but being on the end, has a nice castle view. Poly was very empty with the hotel side closed. I can't wait to see the new entrance.

It's quite cold in WDW today, I'm glad we had some nice warm weather for part of our trip.
It’s freezing here today!

Didn't find any I'm going to use, but did spend money.

My granddaughters spent Saturday night with me and we played in the backyard for several hours earlier in the day as it was a beautiful day here. The temperature has dropped about 25 degrees since Saturday, but we will get some nice days sooner or later.

Older granddaughter says, 'we need a playground back here'.
So I ordered a Lifetime Playset/swingset.

There is plenty of unused space. Two doors down on both sides, neighbors have swing sets. Next door they've set up soccer goals, and the kids play almost every nice day. It's well away from my house. And there is a trampoline 3 doors away. So, my babies are always seeing these temptations and wanting to go play. I have a fenced area up closer to my house so I haven't decided if I'll erect it up close or all the way in the back. The middle part is a hill and when it rains has a very soggy area at the hill's bottom, so that area is out.

There will also be plenty of little gifts to open, but this will be the bulk of their xmas gift this year, cash wise. And I put it on a 2% card.

Winter high school sports were just cancelled here. I think it was the right decision but dd was going to be a swim team captain:( Still holding out hopes they will start fall sports (football for DS) in February (they stopped conditioning last week), but I think that's pretty unlikely.
Didn't find any I'm going to use, but did spend money.

My granddaughters spent Saturday night with me and we played in the backyard for several hours earlier in the day as it was a beautiful day here. The temperature has dropped about 25 degrees since Saturday, but we will get some nice days sooner or later.

Older granddaughter says, 'we need a playground back here'.
So I ordered a Lifetime Playset/swingset.

There is plenty of unused space. Two doors down on both sides, neighbors have swing sets. Next door they've set up soccer goals, and the kids play almost every nice day. It's well away from my house. And there is a trampoline 3 doors away. So, my babies are always seeing these temptations and wanting to go play. I have a fenced area up closer to my house so I haven't decided if I'll erect it up close or all the way in the back. The middle part is a hill and when it rains has a very soggy area at the hill's bottom, so that area is out.

There will also be plenty of little gifts to open, but this will be the bulk of their xmas gift this year, cash wise. And I put it on a 2% card.
Your grandchildren are so lucky to have you so close by!

And it's cold here too today. I went to get my safety inspection this morning and thought I was going to freeze to death. I'm a total wimp.

It’s freezing here today!

So weird, this weather! It's colder here than it has been. Just 42 right now. So I check Jacksonville, Florida and it's 40 degrees!

Of course it won't stay like that and Jacksonville will rise to 70ties in the next week, but we are only projected to 53 degrees in the next week.

Time for long sleeves, long pants and jackets today, @Haley R !!!

New INCREASED Southwest Personal Card Offers - Earn up to 80,000 SW points!

I was perusing the Chase website earlier tonight as I often do and I noticed on this page here that all three of the Chase Personal cards were showing this new offer:
  • Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Plus, earn an additional 30,000 bonus points after you spend $10,000 on purchases in the first 9 months from account opening.
The 50k / $2k is always a nice offer when it rolls around. The additional 30k requiring a $10k total MSR is quite hefty compared to what's been done in the past. For comparison, we've recently seen a 65k/$2k offer as well as a tiered 75k offer that required $5k MSR (in 6 months). At least they're giving you 9 months to hit the MSR.

It is worth noting that I cannot find this available via any support links yet, hopefully that will change or update soon though! This is shown as a limited time offer BUT I do not see an expiration date listed there currently.
The Southwest.com Credit Card Landing Page shows "Offer Ends 2/8/2021" so we have some time to ponder this one! That's good for people who are close to their "24 month" mark from their last card. Also good for people who got a recent Chase card and want to wait a month or two before applying to get their pacing in order for a MDD.

For all of you complaining about 40º weather -

View attachment 541386

Please, please, leave that behind when you come to live in Virginia!

We do get snow and it can be significant but the last few years have been very mild with just a few storms in January and February, although I have seem March iced up and school closed for a week. And no one around here forgets the Nov 11th freak snowstorm that stranded people until well after midnight, including my family. If you google DC Nov 11th snowstorm, it comes up. It was 1987, but such an event it's still mentioned almost every year.

It's still there. 53 uber bucks so we'll eat good this month :teeth:
Glad it worked out for you!

I have a different UberEats issue. DH placed an order and after the Amex Plat credits, the balance due was $25.xx which got charged to a Plat card. Well, I had the AO 9x UberEats on the his Gold and immediately went through the app to switch payment to the Gold Card. What UberEats did was charge the Gold card $30 and then put $30 into the UberEats cash balance, and left the $25.xx charge on the Plat. So basically UberEats forced me to buy a $30 gift card. 🤨 This, despite an email saying they would just switch the payment over to the Gold. smh

I've contacted them and I hope it all gets cleared up.

There is a "master" account and each card account. You should be able to pay just the master account and be ok. I'm assuming the master account is the higher total. At least mine was. Your daughters card probably needs to be set up so you can see it.

UGH! Do you know how I do that? Will the charges just show on the "bigger" main account? So I don't have to worry about it? I was debating in a year if I want to keep the biz or personal barclay. The biz is $5 cheaper, but I don't think worth the headache their site is! Y'all weren't joking...

And yeah, for people complaining about weather....we have like 3" of snow in MI. The BF's new house has a hot tub. We need to figure out how in the hell to use it in the winter! Running through 3" of snow in a bikini and bare feet isn't fun! Also our towels we're FROZEN! There has to be a better way, LOL

Increased Offer on Amex Blue Cash Preferred - Expiring 12/10/2020!
As best I can tell this is an all-time high offer for the BCP card which is popular around these parts due to its 6% Cashback at grocery stores. It is available via support links on DISchurners.

The offer is to earn $300 back (in the form of a statement credit) after spending $3k in purchases in the first 6 months - also of note is that the annual fee is waived in year 1 ($95 thereafter). So if you got this card and met the entire MSR in the grocery category you'd earn $480 on your $3k in purchases (16% return).

The usual offer is $250 w/ no waived AF so this is almost twice as good as that. Amex increased offers don't tend to stick around past their expiration date so if you want this offer, I'd recommend grabbing it soon!

Thank you! Turns out I was denied for too many new accounts (even though I'm 4/24; there was some CIPping involved so maybe that had an impact??). Funny thing is, the denial was dated the same day as my application so I could've spared myself all the tenterhooks lol.

I don't have an existing Chase account so I can't login and see. I *did not* get a confirmation e-mail either upon application.

So weird, this weather! It's colder here than it has been. Just 42 right now. So I check Jacksonville, Florida and it's 40 degrees!

Of course it won't stay like that and Jacksonville will rise to 70ties in the next week, but we are only projected to 53 degrees in the next week.

Time for long sleeves, long pants and jackets today, @Haley R !!!
Ds had long sleeves, jacket with hood, pants, and socks. He wouldn’t keep a hat on

The Southwest.com Credit Card Landing Page shows "Offer Ends 2/8/2021" so we have some time to ponder this one! That's good for people who are close to their "24 month" mark from their last card. Also good for people who got a recent Chase card and want to wait a month or two before applying to get their pacing in order for a MDD.

Arg, just applied and got the dreaded "we'll get back to you" message. Same issue as the business application, and again, no e-mail confirmation or anything. I don't have an existing chase account to log into. Do I need to call somewhere or something?

At the Swan/Dolphin, has anyone recently used points to upgrade to a "Deluxe Alcove Suite?" If so, were you able to do this ahead of time via phone or did you do it at check-in?

We'd love to take advantage of the current non-peak Marriott promo, but with 5 of us the normal room would be a little snug.

Arg, just applied and got the dreaded "we'll get back to you" message. Same issue as the business application, and again, no e-mail confirmation or anything. I don't have an existing chase account to log into. Do I need to call somewhere or something?
You could try the automated status line: 1-800-432-3117; after listening to the initial recorded message then hit #, 3, 1 I believe.

I more or less forgot to cancel my Reserve in time to not pay the fee so instead I called and got one of those loyalty statement credits for $150. I will keep mine open for now and instead maybe downgrade P2 when her fee is due in a couple of months. With P2 just getting the AMEX platinum did not really want to do a MDD and have 3 MSRs either so I think it will work out for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter