I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are we using up Amex platinum travel credits nowadays?

I PCed my CSR to a CFU. Maybe the wrong way for me to look at it, but I was kind of looking for a card I wouldn't really use and had a really low sign up bonus so I didn't feel like I was missing out on something by PCing to it. On the plus side, I did get a good offer on it for $35 off AT&T wireless service, and it actually credited. And, Chase prorated the annual fee for the CSR, which I know I was told, but had sort of written off as a loss.

Here's the CFU categories:

Earn cash back
Earn 5% on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards.*Same page link to Offer Details

Earn 3% on dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services.*Same page link to Offer Details

Earn 3% on drugstore purchases.*Same page link to Offer Details

Earn 1.5% on all other purchases.*

Amex is you can't get the SUB if you've ever had the card. So you usually wouldn't want to PC to a card you've never had. Chase is tied to when you got the SUB. So no worries about PCing. You could get the SUB on the CFU if you wanted to, though likely not worth a 5/24 spot.

American. All those miles from grAAvy train. Flagship business, so hopefully lounges are open by then.

Nice!!! We did this several years ago, in First Class, but I checked on FT and at least at that time it meant that we could use the BA lounges in London which were really nice. That trip was the BA first flagship which was amazing, but we were in the BA business class lounge a couple of years ago (flying BA) and it was also really, really nice and had a ton of food as well as a very, very long bar full of "help yourself" drinks. Too bad I don't like to drink. ;)

That has not been my experience. Only Hyatt has waived the resort fees. I had to pay them in HI and at my just ended stay at WA In Orlando.

On our recent WA stay using FNC they did not charge us the resort fee.

Another DP for anyone traveling to Hawaii soon. Just returned from our rapid tests from Walgreens. Scheduled 4 of us 3 days out. We couldn’t go all at once since they only have 2 machines to run. So kids went first, then said to come back about 25 minutes later. They were very friendly and helpful. Explained how to do the test and said if tests came back inconclusive, they would call for us to come back (that was such a relief as we live 90 minutes away!). While we waited we went to Buca (apparently it’s on the AA dining program so we earned extra miles...bonus as we are saving for a Alaska next summer)
Result emails came back in about 65 minutes from the first test! Got home and uploaded to safe travels. Very easy! Such a relief to have that finished!

On a credit card note...I didn’t realize the CSR had the priority pass. We do have a layover in DFW but I’m guessing since I just activated it, I’m out of luck for this trip???

If you have a Platinum card, I recommend checking out the Centurion lounge at DFW. DD was there on a layover and says it's the nicest Amex lounge she has seen.

Speaking of lounges, is there anything at all in ORD? Flying United, so can't use the Delta lounge, and I think the other PP ones I've seen are in the international area (and we are flying domestic).

Are we just lounge-less? Or is there a decent dining option there?

This is a benefit of the CSR I had no idea about, included with Priority Pass Select: restaurant comps at select airports, up to $56 (cardholder & guest). I'll be connecting in Houston in a bit and it looks like there's a restaurant there in the Southwest terminal! Looks like this is not available for Priority Pass Select members through Amex cards, fyi.

https://millionmilesecrets.com/guides/priority-pass-restaurant-benefit-tricks/
Question for those who use Priority Pass Select, do I need to register a Priority Pass membership with Chase and then a separate one with Amex? And then keep track of which is which in order to use the right benefit with the right card? I hadn't given this much thought- just thinking I had Priority Pass benefits and not realizing they are different by issuer.
I have my card loaded in my Apple wallet. I only ever use my CSR PP since it has more available options and covers our family of 3.
Correct, that the benefits are different depending on whether Chase or AmEx issued it. I can never remember which one can do restaurants or not, so if I carry both. It came in handy for me when our flight got canceled and we had to take one with a connection through St. Louis. I was able to grab some pizza and chicken tenders during our quick layover.

Can someone help me figure out which of my PP cards is the good (CSR) one? I seem to recall a discussion about different configurations of numbers for AmEx as compared to Chase--I have one card with 16 numbers and no spaces, and another card with 11 numbers and a few spaces.

Can someone help me figure out which of my PP cards is the good (CSR) one? I seem to recall a discussion about different configurations of numbers for AmEx as compared to Chase--I have one card with 16 numbers and no spaces, and another card with 11 numbers and a few spaces.

chase usually starts with a 7 (your 16 number one)
amex starts with a 1 (11 number one)

"should"

We have the original Freedom, I'm thinking the Flex for the cell protection but it only earns 1pt/$1 right?
Unless it is the 5x category for that quarter like it was Q1. I PC'd my Freedom as soon as it went live, getting 5x plus the insurance was pretty nice. Although I'd much rather have the insurance than a 2x or 3x points multiplier.

The number is on the travel portal. Go to Card Benefits... Complimentary Airport Lounges and click on the [...] for more information.

I applied for a CIC last week and got the 7-10day message, followed by a letter asking me to send in proof of business name and address/tax id. Since I have a "business" I am guessing I just ignore and try again later?

So bummed. After working on some Cap1 bonuses this past year, I was looking forward to earning more URs!

OM FLIPPING G!!!! I set up my BOA Business Acct. But I guess I made a mistake and having the account in my Business name. I can not transfer from ANY of my accounts into it for the dang bank bonus. Discover said they can't allow me to transfer since the names aren't the same. They suggested using Zelle but that max is $500/day and I need to transfer $20k! They told me to go on the BOA end and pull from the Discover acct. I finally got my accounts linked, but on the BOA side it's only letting me send money, not pull money. This is the hardest flipping bonus I've ever done and no one seems to be able to help me. BOA had said I should just withdraw the money from the account (in a check) then find a BOA to deposit to. Ummm, I think a paper check from Discover would take too long. I guess I could try to transfer it my Chase business account and write a check from there and deposit it. But this is annoying! And taking FOREVER!

ETA- I think I have until 6/9 to get all of this done. So I started the transfer from Discover to my Chase acct. Then I guess I'll write a check from my Chase account and deposit it. I sure hope getting money OUT of this account isn't as much of a cluster!

Last edited:
I'm about to cancel all things BOA. Now I'm going in to pay my credit card accounts, which I've always paid from my CHASE account. It won't let me! It's MAKING me pay from the BOA Biz account I have now. 1- I don't want to do that. 2- I HAVE NO MONEY IN THE ACCOUNT! The card payment is due tomorrow. So now I'm on flipping hold w/ BOA to straighten this out. I'm about to say SCREW THIS and cancel everything and anything with them!

Why can't I pay w/ my CHASE account anymore?

ETA- When I set up my business account, I set it up w/ a completely different login in for this reason! I want them seperate! I'm NOT happy right now.

I applied for a CIC last week and got the 7-10day message, followed by a letter asking me to send in proof of business name and address/tax id. Since I have a "business" I am guessing I just ignore and try again later?

So bummed. After working on some Cap1 bonuses this past year, I was looking forward to earning more URs!

Did you use your name as the business name, along with your ss number?

on this same topic, this is making me insane, will SW freak or cancel if I have a one way flight for the same person, booked for 2 days in row? Same departure and destination city? trying to cover my bases in case I have to switch but not 100% sure on days yet.

No, they only cancel if you have duplicate flights the same day. During the planning stages, we often have flights booked multiple days in a row, and it has never been an issue. We do this after most cruises as well, just in case there is a problem with fog or other delays disembarking. If you ever book two on the same day, they will cancel one the next night around 1-4am. You don't get in trouble or anything, just an email notifying of the cancellation and refunded points. Sometimes I lose track :rolleyes1

Nice!!! We did this several years ago, in First Class, but I checked on FT and at least at that time it meant that we could use the BA lounges in London which were really nice. That trip was the BA first flagship which was amazing, but we were in the BA business class lounge a couple of years ago (flying BA) and it was also really, really nice and had a ton of food as well as a very, very long bar full of "help yourself" drinks. Too bad I don't like to drink.
We should be able to use AA Admiral club, I think. It's not a BA flight, it's AA metal which doesn't even have First from ORD to LHR.
Speaking of lounges, is there anything at all in ORD? Flying United, so can't use the Delta lounge, and I think the other PP ones I've seen are in the international area (and we are flying domestic).

Are we just lounge-less? Or is there a decent dining option there?
Yeah ORD is crap for lounges. Both PP are in the international terminal. But there are UA and AA lounges
https://upgradedpoints.com/travel/airports/chicago-ord-airport-lounges/

I'm about to cancel all things BOA. Now I'm going in to pay my credit card accounts, which I've always paid from my CHASE account. It won't let me! It's MAKING me pay from the BOA Biz account I have now. 1- I don't want to do that. 2- I HAVE NO MONEY IN THE ACCOUNT! The card payment is due tomorrow. So now I'm on flipping hold w/ BOA to straighten this out. I'm about to say SCREW THIS and cancel everything and anything with them!

Why can't I pay w/ my CHASE account anymore?

ETA- When I set up my business account, I set it up w/ a completely different login in for this reason! I want them seperate! I'm NOT happy right now.

BOA was the very first bank to ever screw me over back when I was in college. Many others have messed with me since, but there is always a special place in your heart for your first. I have managed to avoid dealing with them again for over 20 years. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter