I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go to the card benefits area it should say enrolled under the Gold dining credit.

Yes, I was waiting for a $300 refund when I changed my CSR to a CFF. It worked perfectly. All the transactions just moved to my new card.
Thank you - guess it did work - it says enrolled.
And isn’t that a coincidence, I’m also waiting on a $300 return! 😉

Several weeks back, there was some talk about renting cars from Turo. At the time, it wouldn't work for our one-way YNP to GTNP trip. Now that we're revamping and probably not doing Yellowstone, we need a round trip rental in Vegas. Turo has a truck with off road tires, etc. that would be GREAT for our trip to Zion, Bryce, and some of the harder to get to canyons. It's about half the cost from the cheapest rental car company, PLUS the $30 back offer on Amex, and the fact that it sounds like we could take it off road (whereas rental companies usually have a clause for this), so it makes it quite enticing. The question is, for those that have rented from Turo, what do you normally do for insurance? Do you purchase one of their plans, or just decline and use your own insurance? I know AMEX or Chase won't cover P2P rentals.

I called my insurance company they said they cover it up to my vehicle property damage. (i have full coverage). so I have declined turos insurance, they also told me it only applies in the US. (which makes sense). I would call yours and see if you have full coverage id imagine it's covered. I'm not an attorney/insurance agent etc just using logic :)

I was told the same thing by my insurance company (esurance). Here's what their chat bot told me:

1655319292185.png
and I also called in to verify with an employee. She assured me that the coverage that we have on the vehicles on our policy would apply to our rental. I mentioned Turo, which she really wasn't familiar with, but she told me that as long as it was a rental company, it would qualify.

We haven't pulled the trigger yet, but probably will. We need a large vehicle and it's much cheaper through Turo.

I was told the same thing by my insurance company (esurance). Here's what their chat bot told me:

View attachment 676717
and I also called in to verify with an employee. She assured me that the coverage that we have on the vehicles on our policy would apply to our rental. I mentioned Turo, which she really wasn't familiar with, but she told me that as long as it was a rental company, it would qualify.

We haven't pulled the trigger yet, but probably will. We need a large vehicle and it's much cheaper through Turo.
yeah, I still wish CSR had primary coverage just in case. but yeah this is how the insurance person said it to me as well. As long as the value of the truck isn't more then it I wouldn't worry about it too much. I still rather have primary coverage with the CSR but for the cost difference, I just cant. with turo sometimes people limit miles so I would double-check that too.

:flower1:Just a reminder to everyone Southwest opens their schedule tomorrow 6/16 …for flights to 1/4/2023 :flower1:

To keep it churning related…an additional reminder to have a list of accounts/passwords for your P2 or others in case anything were to happen to you.
had a major health issue on 5/2…would up in the hospital undergoing triple bypass surgery…totally unexpected ..my primary care doctor was shocked….as I had seen her less than a year ago…..Doing well now thankfully…back to driving and even have visited Staples twice this week :rolleyes1

I have a question about booking a hotel room through the Chase Portal. I would like to get the $50 credit (CSP) so will be booking with cash, not URs. Is the total amount charged to my CSP at time of booking? It is a refundable rate if that matters. I can book through the hotels site and not get charged anything until check in - so that could be a reason to not trigger the $50 credit for this trip (and give up the 5x points earned).

:flower1:Just a reminder to everyone Southwest opens their schedule tomorrow 6/16 …for flights to 1/4/2023 :flower1:

To keep it churning related…an additional reminder to have a list of accounts/passwords for your P2 or others in case anything were to happen to you.
had a major health issue on 5/2…would up in the hospital undergoing triple bypass surgery…totally unexpected ..my primary care doctor was shocked….as I had seen her less than a year ago…..Doing well now thankfully…back to driving and even have visited Staples twice this week :rolleyes1
Wow! Glad it appears to have worked out well for you, but you are absolutely right. You just never know

View attachment 676717

yeah, I still wish CSR had primary coverage just in case. but yeah this is how the insurance person said it to me as well. As long as the value of the truck isn't more then it I wouldn't worry about it too much. I still rather have primary coverage with the CSR but for the cost difference, I just cant. with turo sometimes people limit miles so I would double-check that too.

Thanks guys! I will call my insurance and find out, but we do have full coverage so hopefully it should be the same. The truck is a 2012, and it does have a lot of dings and scratches and stuff on it, so I can't imagine the value of the truck is too high. We aren't concerned about how the vehicle looks, just how it operates, as the owner is advertising it as a "good truck to take out to the desert", which is really what we need. The truck would suit us better than the cheapest Economy car, and is almost half the price, so I'll think we'll try it out! Even if I added the standard Turo insurance option onto the rental, it's still a savings of $200 over traditional car rental companies. And I did check the miles, and he allows 2,800 miles which is probably double or more what we would even realistically use.

PSA for those who collect Radisson Rewards and have the credit card. You may recall the program split between Radisson Rewards Americas for those who live in the USA, Canada, Latin America and Caribbean and Radisson Rewards which is basically everyone else. Then we got word that the Radisson Rewards credit card is going away to be replaced with a no fee card. If you have the card, you have gold status with Radisson until your annual fee would have become due.

I received an email and have seen some blog posts that the Radisson Rewards Americas has been bought out by Choice. I don't know what that means for my points, but I gather that Radisson Rewards global is not part of that buy out. I don't use Radisson points domestically. I value them for stays in Europe. I also have no interest in Choice hotels. I decided to stop procrastinating and created a new Radisson Rewards account with the same email and password as my existing Radisson Rewards Americas account. Then, I transferred my points from Radisson Rewards Americas to Radisson Rewards. Once that was done, I sent a pdf pf my card which you can do from the "print your card" section of the website to statusmatch@radissonhotels.com and asked them to match my Radisson Rewards Americas gold status to the Radisson Rewards account and included both of the account numbers. It was all done in a just a few minutes.

Great moves for someone who will use the points in Europe! I'm now trying to blow my points in July and be done with it. I've got about 200,000k.

edit: I haven't made a point of staying with Choice. And figure there will be some sort of devaluation eventually. Feels like Radisson unloaded the US.

I am sorry to hear this. I hope you continue your speedy recovery:flower:

I've been burning through gift cards on my amazon shopping and just realized i need to try to maximize the freedom category soon for both DH and my cards. Can someone remind me whether Amazon gift cards will code 5x? Thanks!

I want to buy two new Away suitcases, but haven’t paid full price for any of ours so I’m having a really hard time hitting buy. How often do discounts come around?

Wishing you a continued speedy recovery!

I've been burning through gift cards on my amazon shopping and just realized i need to try to maximize the freedom category soon for both DH and my cards. Can someone remind me whether Amazon gift cards will code 5x? Thanks!
Yes, they will code.

• Amazon: Purchases made at Amazon.com including digital downloads, Amazon.com Gift Cards, Amazon.com Fresh orders, Amazon.com Prime subscriptions, and items sold by third party merchants through Amazon.com’s marketplace.
  • Select streaming services: Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, Netflix, Sling, Vudu, Fubo TV, Apple Music, Sirius XM, Pandora, Spotify, YouTube TV, HBO Max, Paramount+, Peacock, Showtime

I’m sure that was quite the scare for you and your family. Very glad to hear you’re on the road to recovery!

Glad you are recovering well. Wishing you continued good health.

I'm glad you're ok. That's scary! Wishing you a full recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter