I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, but I've read that US Bank has shut people down for buying GC.

Reports are Venmo with Chase is cash advance now.
Hmmm. Have to rethinks some things. Was going to pay DD's tuition with this but forgot that I don't want to pay it until after January 1st for tax purposes. And the SUB has to be done by Mid-December. Will have to shuffle some things around....

Last time I did Venmo with Chase was July and it worked fine then...

I would call, the reconciliation process for a personal card is easier than business
I do have 6 open chase personal cards (2 Freedoms, 1 FU, 1 FF, SW plus, SW premier). And 2 Biz (CIU and CIC). I cancelled another CIC a few weeks ago. And I did lower my CLs, but maybe not enough. My last Chase card was the CIC 6 months ago. I previously got the CSR bonus, but it was in October 2018 -
before 10/21/18. Think it’s ok to call given all these cards?

Hmmm. Have to rethinks some things. Was going to pay DD's tuition with this but forgot that I don't want to pay it until after January 1st for tax purposes. And the SUB has to be done by Mid-December. Will have to shuffle some things around....

Last time I did Venmo with Chase was July and it worked fine then...

September 1 was when I first saw the DPs come out about Chase.

I do have 6 open chase personal cards (2 Freedoms, 1 FU, 1 FF, SW plus, SW premier). And 2 Biz (CIU and CIC). I cancelled another CIC a few weeks ago. And I did lower my CLs, but maybe not enough. My last Chase card was the CIC 6 months ago. I previously got the CSR bonus, but it was in October 2018 -
before 10/21/18. Think it’s ok to call given all these cards?
The worst they can say is no, which is the answer you already have. Maybe it's a credit limit thing and they could move it around. Or offer to close a card if it would help.

I would call, the reconciliation process for a personal card is easier than business

The worst they can say is no, which is the answer you already have. Maybe it's a credit limit thing and they could move it around. Or offer to close a card if it would help.
I called. They told me the reason for denial was that I had received the bonus on a sapphire within the last 48 months. I then asked them when I received it. After three transfers they told me it was recived on October 31, 2018. I had downgraded that CSR to a freedom so I can still see the statements from 2018 and the bonus points were there on the statement dated October 21, 2018, so I thought I was good to go.

Do I have to wait 30 days to apply again?

I called. They told me the reason for denial was that I had received the bonus on a sapphire within the last 48 months. I then asked them when I received it. After three transfers they told me it was recived on October 31, 2018. I had downgraded that CSR to a freedom so I can still see the statements from 2018 and the bonus points were there on the statement dated October 21, 2018, so I thought I was good to go.

I think you can just call back on 11/1 just to be safe.

I would of thought you were fine too especially since people say on Reddit say you are good the 1st of the month you received the bonus…the 1/30 is for business cards so I’d think you could call back after 11/1 and see if they would approve or reapply after then

Recently downgraded DH's Blue Cash Preferred (6% groceries) to an Everyday (3% groceries). He had upgraded for a year at no AF, plus he had received a cash rebate for upgrading. We don't spend that much on groceries, during the year he had the BCP I bought at least $1500 in Aldi GC figuring I would use them to cover a year's worth of food from this point on.

Today I got an email from AmEx to upgrade my Cash Magnet to BCP, annual fee waived for a year, $75 statement credit after I spend $1000 in 6 months. The long history of this card - started as a BCP, downgraded to BCE in 11/2017, got an offer to upgrade back to BCP 10/2018, downgraded back to BCE 1/2021, upgraded to Cash Magnet 1/2022 with a $150 cash rebate offer. Obviously I'm going to take the upgrade, silly not to, but I find it hilarious they keep giving me incentives to PC. I barely used the Cash Magnet, except for offers.

Last edited:
After seeing all the dp's for the match, I got the courage to SM chase for a cic from back in early July. Got denied. :( This is the message they sent. Has anyone gotten a match from that far back?

"Thank you for contacting us. [Name], your account is not eligible for the new offer you requested. We appreciate you being a Chase customer."
My CIU was approved on July 1. I actually applied in June (don’t remember the exact date) but got a denial letter dated June 27. I waited a few days to ask to be reconsidered by calling them and was told it should get approved. It took over 2 weeks before I received the card. I SM’ed this past Friday asking to be considered for the match and received the points on Sunday. I almost didn’t try but I’m so glad I did.

I would have thought the same, so it's a good dp that we appreciate you sharing with all of us. I wonder if you can recon after 10/31?

I would of thought you were fine too especially since people say on Reddit say you are good the 1st of the month you received the bonus…the 1/30 is for business cards so I’d think you could call back after 11/1 and see if they would approve or reapply after then
I think I figured it out. When I got the CSR in 2018 I did a DD and got the CSP as well. I closed that card after a year, but I think I must have received that bonus in November. I was just focused on the CSR and forgot to check the CSP bonus. My bad.

Does booking with points still give all the benefits of prepaid FHR but not use the $200 credit?
It will use the $200 credit on an all points booking. It'd be like cashing MR at 1cpp. If you get a better value than 1cpp then you could pay all but $200 worth with points and the statement credit will take care of the cash charge.
One more question about the AMEX FHR $200 credit. DW and I just booked a FHR with points. We want to book the same hotel around Christmas time. Can we get the credit and all other FHR benefits if we partially pay with points and then pay $200 on our card? I want to try and get the credit while using as few points as possible.
Just to be clear the $200 statement credit is a calendar year benefit not a per booking benefit. The other benefits listed on the travel portal apply to each booking. Forgive me if I misunderstood and you have multiple Plats or it's going against different calendar years.
I think you don't need to pay $200 cash to offset the credit? Are you trying to use the hotel credit on a second plat?

I've never done this, but my new understanding of how this works is if the hotel is $1000, you pay 100k MR. You'd get a charge or $1000, a statement credit of $1000, AND a statement credit of $200 for the hotel credit. Let me know if that's what you end up seeing. :)
Yes, that's how it worked for me!

Was that the latest Sapphire bonus 10/21? Did you have another card that would have posted the bonus after that? Like did you MDD when you got the CSR?
Really? I don't recall seeing that, I thought all the 1st of the month info was about 5/24 status. There had been reports of people getting approved a few days before their statement dates and a general consensus was it is possibly good after the points went pending, but don't know if it was narrowed down definitively. But I've been busy and could have missed it.

Checking all of my flights and saw both of my AS flights for Feb had changes but I didn't get notified. I thought I would, turns out I had to turn notifications on. Whether they've updated how they do it or something I don't know but I've had a milage account with them over 20 years so it should have been set. That's fixed now.

New flights made already bad flights worse so I looked to see what else there was and now most flights were 5k miles vs when I booked at end of july when only the two I booked were. So I booked better times and then cancelled the original flights. So it ended up a win but for sure a reminder to keep an eye on flights.

There are reports people have on Reddit and doctor of credit

My CIU was approved on July 1. I actually applied in June (don’t remember the exact date) but got a denial letter dated June 27. I waited a few days to ask to be reconsidered by calling them and was told it should get approved. It took over 2 weeks before I received the card. I SM’ed this past Friday asking to be considered for the match and received the points on Sunday. I almost didn’t try but I’m so glad I did.

Thank you both! After seeing your replies, I decided to SM again last night and woke up to the 15k in my account this morning! It looks like it's really up to the discretion of the rep you get so for those denied, try again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter