I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back when we had both the CSP and the CSR, whenever we checked the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel site, it would show different hotel options based on which credit card you were using. So, for example, some hotels would be available with the CSP but would not show up under the CSR. We thought hotels would show up on both cards, just with different pricing, but this was not the case.
At one time, they were on different travel platforms but I believe Chase has moved all cards to the same platform now.

At one time, they were on different travel platforms but I believe Chase has moved all cards to the same platform now.
So did Chase stop using Expedia? Before, whenever I booked hotels through Chase, the hotels said I paid through Expedia. A few hotels even expressed that they didn't like Expedia for whatever reason. Sometimes they made me feel like I did something wrong lol.

{sorry, a little long with a question...}

We just returned from our first European vacation. I gleaned so much information from this board about booking and points. It was a wonderful experience and I can't wait to go back!

Our only hiccup occurred when we returned to the U.S. I had made reservations from London to Philly on British Airways, then a flight from Philly to St. Louis on Southwest 2 hours 45 minutes later. First the BA flight was late and then they lost our luggage. After searching and searching they had us (and several other people) fill out forms and gave us a letter explaining what would happen when they found the luggage.

We then made the very long walk to the Southwest counter hoping to get the next flight to St. Louis. (Side note--bad airport design in Philly. We had to walk outside for approx. 7-9 minutes. Someone mentioned we should get an employee shuttle if we found one.)

When we finally get to Southwest they are closed for the evening but an employee was sitting near by waiting for her ride home. God bless that angel woman. She logged back into the system and told us there were no more flights that night but she would get us on the first non-stop the next day. She then checked us in and printed boarding passes for us at no additional cost.

So we had to get a hotel with a shuttle for the night. At this point we are jet-lagged, exhausted, hungry and on London time (1 a.m.) My husband booked a nearby Hilton. That's when I remembered we had AirTags in the bag. We looked it up and it showed that it was in Philly. A minute later BA called and said they found it and could we come back for it. My husband is a runner so I stayed put while he ran that long route back to the other terminal. There were 6-7 other passengers also returning to the area to pick up their found bags. Despite having called him to come back, no one was at the BA counter so he had to get someone from Qatar to go find a worker. When they showed up, he mentioned the expenses we just incurred due to the baggage loss and that BA needed to pay for it. That worker said we must have just missed our bag on the turnstile. He pointed out the unlikely odds of a half dozen passengers all missing their bags and then them suddenly being visible two hours later. So that worker gave him a BA business card of a person to contact with our complaint.

We would like BA to cover the cost of our hotel, dinner and one extra day at the parking garage in St. Louis. This totals about $245. Any advice on how to approach this with BA?

I paid for the BA flight with CSP so I made sure all the additional expenses incurred were also put on that card, so if BA balks I may file with Chase.

Despite this hiccup at the end, I would go back in a heartbeat. I'm already planning our next adventure. :)

We would like BA to cover the cost of our hotel, dinner and one extra day at the parking garage in St. Louis. This totals about $245. Any advice on how to approach this with BA?

Were these booked separately? Is there an recourse when you have 2 separate itineraries? I think that's the whole risk using positioning flights. We're doing the same thing in June for flights to/from Ireland from BOS. We're flying up to BOS the day before but are planning to fly all the way home on the return. I presuming we'll just have to pay out of pocket if we miss the connection. Although I think Aer Lingus and Jet Blue are partners, so maybe we can link the itineraries after the fact?

just saw this https://onemileatatime.com/deals/chase-aeroplan-transfer-bonus/ ofc this happens right after I book my trip oh well
Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on transferring points - like a min time on having an Aeroplan account? I have a flight booked on United but there aren't award trips available on United. It is really an AirCanada flight and looking at AirCanada site, it looks like I could book the same flight for points. I'd have to transfer from UR but it would be worth it.

Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on transferring points - like a min time on having an Aeroplan account? I have a flight booked on United but there aren't award trips available on United. It is really an AirCanada flight and looking at AirCanada site, it looks like I could book the same flight for points. I'd have to transfer from UR but it would be worth it.
i don't think so you can try a 1000 run but then you would loose out on the bonus

Were these booked separately? Is there an recourse when you have 2 separate itineraries? I think that's the whole risk using positioning flights. We're doing the same thing in June for flights to/from Ireland from BOS. We're flying up to BOS the day before but are planning to fly all the way home on the return. I presuming we'll just have to pay out of pocket if we miss the connection. Although I think Aer Lingus and Jet Blue are partners, so maybe we can link the itineraries after the fact?
I believe this to be correct. BA is only responsible for getting your luggage to you. Unfortunately this is a risk we run when booking positioning flights. I suppose it doesn't hurt to try, but I wouldn't expect much, if anything. BA and AA are both OneWorld, so perhaps next time try booking your connecting flight with AA, or booking the entire trip with AA. You would then have a better case for the night in the hotel due to a missed connection.

I sent a SM to Chase re: DH's Ink from early Sept. Got the reply that I need to reply to the message when we meet the spend. The message included the 24 month verbage. Good news is, his record is clean on the Inks.
What do you mean that his record is clean on the Inks?

Can I book a hotel through the Chase portal for DH if I won't be there? He won't need my Card for anything right?

Chatted for a retention offer on one of my Biz Plats (AF posted last month at $595) this morning, and was offered 40K for $10K spend in 90 days, meh. I will use up any remaining credits on this account, open up a NLL offer I was emailed instead, then close this account. Even with spending an extra $100 for the new AF on the NLL Biz Plat, since it comes with a 150K SUB/$15K MSR it's a higher return on spending than this retention offer.

Can I book a hotel through the Chase portal for DH if I won't be there? He won't need my Card for anything right?
Yes, you can make the reservation in your name. I have 2 japan reservations, where we need 2 rooms - I'm the primary guest in one room and he's the primary in the second room. It actually ask you who will be the primary guest when you make the reservation.

No inks in the last 24 months. The wording pretty much said if you’re eligible and have not received a bonus in 24 months. Not sure if it really matters though.
Thanks! I was wondering if they have the "Ink family" rule similar to the Sapphire family rule. So would it be different if you haven't had a CIU in 24 months (but you did have the CIC)? Or do they consider them together for that purpose?

{sorry, a little long with a question...}

We just returned from our first European vacation. I gleaned so much information from this board about booking and points. It was a wonderful experience and I can't wait to go back!

Our only hiccup occurred when we returned to the U.S. I had made reservations from London to Philly on British Airways, then a flight from Philly to St. Louis on Southwest 2 hours 45 minutes later. First the BA flight was late and then they lost our luggage. After searching and searching they had us (and several other people) fill out forms and gave us a letter explaining what would happen when they found the luggage.

We then made the very long walk to the Southwest counter hoping to get the next flight to St. Louis. (Side note--bad airport design in Philly. We had to walk outside for approx. 7-9 minutes. Someone mentioned we should get an employee shuttle if we found one.)

When we finally get to Southwest they are closed for the evening but an employee was sitting near by waiting for her ride home. God bless that angel woman. She logged back into the system and told us there were no more flights that night but she would get us on the first non-stop the next day. She then checked us in and printed boarding passes for us at no additional cost.

So we had to get a hotel with a shuttle for the night. At this point we are jet-lagged, exhausted, hungry and on London time (1 a.m.) My husband booked a nearby Hilton. That's when I remembered we had AirTags in the bag. We looked it up and it showed that it was in Philly. A minute later BA called and said they found it and could we come back for it. My husband is a runner so I stayed put while he ran that long route back to the other terminal. There were 6-7 other passengers also returning to the area to pick up their found bags. Despite having called him to come back, no one was at the BA counter so he had to get someone from Qatar to go find a worker. When they showed up, he mentioned the expenses we just incurred due to the baggage loss and that BA needed to pay for it. That worker said we must have just missed our bag on the turnstile. He pointed out the unlikely odds of a half dozen passengers all missing their bags and then them suddenly being visible two hours later. So that worker gave him a BA business card of a person to contact with our complaint.

I paid for the BA flight with CSP so I made sure all the additional expenses incurred were also put on that card, so if BA balks I may file with Chase.

Despite this hiccup at the end, I would go back in a heartbeat. I'm already planning our next adventure. :)

You didn't mention how long your BA flight was delayed, but if it was long enough and for reasons not excluded, you may be eligible for EU261 compensation of 400-600 euros per person, which covers delays and cancellations for European airlines.

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/guide-eu261-flight-compensation/

Even if you don't qualify for EU261, BA has an area on their website where you can claim reimbursement for flight delays. The link below will take you to both expense reimbursement and EU261 compensation. Let us know what happens!!

Claim reimbursement and compensation from BA

I'm planning a short notice Disney trip for February, cheerleading weekend, for 2. My friend is covering flights and I'm covering the room. There isn't much DVC availability. I have Kidani for 1 of 4 nights and I have waitlisted the other 3 as well as all 4 at Boardwalk. I'm checking obsessively, but I'm unsure of my likelihood of getting anything for all 4 nights. I'd prefer not to switch resorts, but willing to switch once if needed. I'm trying to use fewer points (banking for family vacation next year) and keeping transportation in mind. I'm not much a fan of AKV, OKW and SS unless I have a car, but I probably need to let up on that. Suggestions?

So, I need to book a backup. I have a FNC for IHG and one for Bonvoy (35K), but not enough points in either to cover the other 3 nights. I do have UR to transfer or use. I have quite a few HH.

What would you do in this situation?

Also, we are hoping to avoid a rental car, which I think we can do since it's just the two of us. We can use Uber and Disney transport. We do need to get to WWoS on one of the days for competition, are there busses that go out there or should I definitely plan Uber for that?

I'm usually planning for at least a party of 4 and way more than 3 months out. At least we've both been there and don't feel the need to get everything in. She's never stayed on property so if I can swing it, it'd be a great experience for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter