I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can buy another 10k in I bonds now and lock in the 9%+ rate and then redeem the gift in January 2023. Because you are limited to 10k a year, it's a way to lock in that great rate and have it there when the calendar rolls over in just a few short months. Not sure if you can gift to yourself or if you need a P2. DoC has info on gifting if needed.
I did open a 2nd acount for P2 so we did 20k guess i won't get greedy!

SWA experts..... changing companion...it says 3x per calendar year....so if I did 3x before end of December (switched names) ,would that mean the calendar resets in January? I would get another 3x this upcoming year?

japan availability showed up trying to transfer to Avios and I'm getting this message
Your British Airways Executive Club account could not be verified at this time.
anyone else get this

It looks like we will be headed to Scotland for Spring Break in March. Now I need to figure it all out. Suggestions for best airlines, places to stay, what to do? We had in the MD area but willing to position. It will be Sat-Sat or Sat-Sun. I think we have some frequent visitors in the group.
Hi. Frequent Edinburgh visitor here and have also visited other parts of Scotland. Since it sounds like your trip will be fairly short, you probably need to decide whether you want to cover a lot of ground without staying long in each place, or just go to one or two places and cover those more thoroughly. Edinburgh is a fantastic city, and you could easily stay there for a week without running out of things to do. There are also lots of day trips you can do from Edinburgh either on your own taking the train, or with an organized tour. We have done several tours with Rabbie's, and they have all been very good. They even have a (long) day trip from Edinburgh to the Highlands if that is on your list. Or you could spend three or four nights in Edinburgh and several nights in Inverness to be able to spend more time in the Highlands. In terms of where to stay in Edinburgh, for a first-time visitor, I always think it is fun to be on the Royal Mile, but if you have certain hotels in mind, I can try to give feedback. Not sue when your spring break is, but DH and I are headed to our flat in Edinburgh on March 13, so we might be there at the same time :)

Can you purchase a $10 gift card at the Cheesecake Factory with the Am Ex gold? Would that work to use the monthly bonus?

Buying TDR tickets is so stressful! 2 Amex's failed, but a Mastercard was successful. Too bad it's not a MSR card. Didn't even try a Visa since I know those haven't been working. Got a new gold biz today with an instant card number thinking I could use that. Oh well.

Oh the other hand, got the Wakuwari discount for 20% off tickets, so I shouldn't complain. One day ticket, 2 adults, 1 junior, 1 kid - $176 total. About the price of one single WDW one day non-hopper ticket at peak pricing!
I hear you. I tried about 5 times and called Barclays continuously about an authentication failure for the Sistine Chapel, etc. I really wanted to put it on that card bc of 0 foreign transaction fees and MSR. But, in the end it worked out because I decided I didn't really feel right about that purchase. So, maybe that roadblock was there for a reason!

That is insane that you got 4 tickets for the price of one WDW ticket. I may have been recently quizzing DS on where the other Disney parks are in the world. I'll let him do my dirty work for me 😁
What card did you end up using? Did you do it from the DTR website?

I too was going to try to use our Barclay Aviator MC for our tickets, but I guess I need another option?

to the fellow japan travelers past and going. is park Hyatt worth the upgrade? centric seems like a better location. is the rail pass well to get from HND? I assume the same pass can take me to Disney is Disney so far that I would need to stay near the site? more questions then answer than i thought I had.

to the fellow japan travelers past and going. is park Hyatt worth the upgrade? centric seems like a better location. is the rail pass well to get from HND? I assume the same pass can take me to Disney is Disney so far that I would need to stay near the site? more questions then answer than i thought I had.
We aren't getting the Japan Rail pass, since we are only taking one long distance train it isn't worth it. We will just get a subway/bus pass, the Icoca pass when we land in Osaka. It can be used on all transportation modes.
it worked in booked out of Seattle going into nrt. I "paid" the extra 10k in points to have a roundtrip because they have the guarantee of carriage vs 2 one ways.
When are you going? We have everything booked for June/July.

We aren't getting the Japan Rail pass, since we are only taking one long distance train it isn't worth it. We will just get a subway/bus pass, the Icoca pass when we land in Osaka. It can be used on all transportation modes.

September it's hard to go without my kid in summer so I hit up the guy's trip group first one to say yes is going (it's 4 of us)
What about the mouse how far is it? I think I'm going to do 2 nights at the PH so I can get the services I want like his sushi and other stuff then go to the centric for 7 days then the last night at ph (I'm going 9 days)
I know I'm not sure if I'm going to stay in Tokyo either but I know I want to do 3 theme parks (both disney and universal for Mario) so Im not sure splitting it up is best for my first trip. But at the same time, I really want to hit up kyoto. I mean Yamasaki distillery is there amongst other things. i just think if I'm going to both Disneys and universal i do Kyoto id be ahead with the rail pass.

Last edited:

Do you have iPhones? Suica can be loaded with Apple Wallet. Can use cc too. I already tried an Amex and that worked. Can be used for all transit in Tokyo and Osaka, plus convenience stores, etc.

DD qualifies for the child fare, so will still get her a physical Suica. We did that last time for DS at the airport. Had to show his passport.

Do you have iPhones? Suica can be loaded with Apple Wallet. Can use cc too. I already tried an Amex and that worked. Can be used for all transit in Tokyo and Osaka, plus convenience stores, etc.

DD qualifies for the child fare, so will still get her a physical Suica. We did that last time for DS at the airport. Had to show his passport.
nice google pay is accepted at the same places using sucia, do I really need to carry 100s of bucks in cash? I'm so used to getting points! :)

September it's hard to go without my kid in summer so I hit up the guy's trip group first one to say yes is going (it's 4 of us)
What about the mouse how far is it? I think I'm going to do 2 nights at the PH so I can get the services I want like his sushi and other stuff then go to the centric for 7 days then the last night at ph (I'm going 9 days)
I know I'm not sure if I'm going to stay in Tokyo either but I know I want to do 3 theme parks (both disney and universal for Mario) so Im not sure splitting it up is best for my first trip.

I prefer staying near Disney. Hop on the monorail and go. But it depends on where you're staying in Tokyo how long the trek will be by train. Centric doesn't look too bad. Park Hyatt would be a trek. The Tokyo Station Hotel would be super fast. You can book that with points through Hyatt (it's an SLH). I never figured out their release schedule though.

Universal is in Osaka. You'll have to take the shinkansen. I guess a day trip is possible. But the train ticket is expensive, so I would think it's better to stay and see Osaka and/or Kyoto.

I prefer staying near Disney. Hop on the monorail and go. But it depends on where you're staying in Tokyo how long the trek will be by train. Centric doesn't look too bad. Park Hyatt would be a trek. The Tokyo Station Hotel would be super fast. You can book that with points through Hyatt (it's an SLH). I never figured out their release schedule though.

Universal is in Osaka. You'll have to take the shinkansen. I guess a day trip is possible. But the train ticket is expensive, so I would think it's better to stay and see Osaka and/or Kyoto.
yeah, I can't do 3 cities in 9 days ill never enjoy it ugh. My only problem with the Tokyo station hotel is it looks like it wants to be American, I want to go full in on the Japanese influence, also I'm not sure what hotel to stay at for 2 dudes going to Disney they all look good just don't know much about any of them. this is a scouting report for my DW too for what to do/not do.

Last edited:
nice google pay is accepted at the same places using sucia, do I really need to carry 100s of bucks in cash? I'm so used to getting points! :)

Maybe it's better now, but some places will be cash only. I'll bring my Schwab debit for no ATM fees. Plus some USD to exchange in case I have problems with the ATMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter