I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

time for a new card!

thanks for all thee hints and help in the past. using Chase offers, DGC to pay annual dues etc

Hilton Surpass over 25 years, use for FNC (15k spend) and retain Diamond
Freedom 6 years - was a downgrade from csr
Disney free version 20 years
IHG 10/22
Target 2.5 years
csp 6/22

so I'm 2/24
I do have a business CIU

P2

costco 11/18
tractor supply 12/21 (he did this without my knowledge!)
Cap One Venture X 3/22
CSP 6/21
AU on amex

so he's 3/24

fly mostly United and Frontier, gave up on SW
have 180k AA miles (for athens next year)
Diamond Hilton
also have 165k IHG now
500k UR

never used MR

platinum amex?
business amex?
AA?

Virgin cruise is next May

do not need GE or TSA credits for several years, have PP on several cards, not gotten any use based on airports (ewr term C and PHL mainly.

$5-6 organic spend monthly

thoughts?

thank you

Sher

Are AirBNB charges domestic? The balance for our Venice AirBNB is due in a couple of days.

I'm thinking of putting it on my CIU to help with the MSR, instead of letting it automatically charge on our CSR which the deposit was made on. I may be over thinking it, but I don't want to be hit with foreign transaction fees.

It will charge in USD, so no foreign transaction fee. Unless you did something very very unusual and booked on the uk site or something, but in which case you would see prices displayed in pounds, so you would have certainly noticed that.

I would for sure switch it over to your CIU since you are working towards MSR. The only exception would be if you wanted to PYB with the CSR, you could buy AirBNB GCs from a grocery store using your CSR and then PYB that at 1.25. PYB for grocery stores ends 6/30.

time for a new card!

thanks for all thee hints and help in the past. using Chase offers, DGC to pay annual dues etc

Hilton Surpass over 25 years, use for FNC (15k spend) and retain Diamond
Freedom 6 years - was a downgrade from csr
Disney free version 20 years
IHG 10/22
Target 2.5 years
csp 6/22

so I'm 2/24
I do have a business CIU

P2

costco 11/18
tractor supply 12/21 (he did this without my knowledge!)
Cap One Venture X 3/22
CSP 6/21
AU on amex

so he's 3/24

fly mostly United and Frontier, gave up on SW
have 180k AA miles (for athens next year)
Diamond Hilton
also have 165k IHG now
500k UR

never used MR

platinum amex?
business amex?
AA?

Virgin cruise is next May

do not need GE or TSA credits for several years, have PP on several cards, not gotten any use based on airports (ewr term C and PHL mainly.

$5-6 organic spend monthly

thoughts?

thank you

Sher

Some people will have specific travel plans 1-2 years out and might look to earn specific currencies for that. Since you don't specifically list travel needs, like "I need to earn points for 2 biz class seats to Europe for October 2024" or something like that, I might suggest to keep earning Chase UR. You are familiar with that currency.

The offers for the Chase Inks are still really great, 75k UR for $6k MSR/3mos. And the support offer is amazing at 40k. So that's ~125k URs with one MSR and no AF. Pretty awesome. I would suggest you support your P2 to get one, since you have a CIU and can create a support link. Then your P2 should support you back to get one. You have a ton of monthly organic spend to put to good use!

The offers for the Chase Inks are still really great, 75k UR for $6k MSR/3mos. And the support offer is amazing at 40k. So that's ~125k URs with one MSR and no AF. Pretty awesome. I would suggest you support your P2 to get one, since you have a CIU and can create a support link. Then your P2 should support you back to get one. You have a ton of monthly organic spend to put to good use!
I second this! I hope this support offer will still be around in June as we hope to get another CIC

Some people will have specific travel plans 1-2 years out and might look to earn specific currencies for that. Since you don't specifically list travel needs, like "I need to earn points for 2 biz class seats to Europe for October 2024" or something like that, I might suggest to keep earning Chase UR. You are familiar with that currency.

other than a virgin cruise next year from Athens nothing else other than domestic planned!

we each have the business CIU/ we can support each other for another one? thanks for the hint

i'm intrigues by the platinum amexes. I would love lounge access and I think I could use the other credits. are they the same busiess and personal?

i haven't been using my URs much since I'm hesitant to book air thru them with all the changes happening. I can always transfer to United or AA if needed I guess.

does anyone know if I book Hilton thru chase portal if I add my number will I get my diamond benefits?

other than a virgin cruise next year from Athens nothing else other than domestic planned!

we each have the business CIU/ we can support each other for another one? thanks for the hint

i'm intrigues by the platinum amexes. I would love lounge access and I think I could use the other credits. are they the same busiess and personal?

i haven't been using my URs much since I'm hesitant to book air thru them with all the changes happening. I can always transfer to United or AA if needed I guess.

does anyone know if I book Hilton thru chase portal if I add my number will I get my diamond benefits?

Yes, you can support each other back and forth for multiple Inks and hold multiple CIUs, if you prefer that over CIC.

You can transfer Chase URs to United, but not AA. But there are many transfer partners, so sounds like you need more travel plans! Chase UR are great for Hyatt transfers, the portal hotel stays and a variety of airline transfer partners.

Do take a look at the Platinum Amexes. The biz and personal cards have completely different benefits, but both have high annual fees. It is possible to offset the annual fees, but you have to put in the work. TIP: What's great about Amex is that you don't need a platinum to support for a platinum. You can have any Amex (sounds like you guys already do) and generate a support link for the other player. If you have multiple Amex, choose the card offering the higher support for the current cardholder. Also note, you may want to then open the support link in multiple browsers, incognito mode, etc to see if the plat offer gets higher. Be sure to compare that to the best offer you can find publicly (Doc is a good source for that) or via Dischurners links.

Fyi, Amex Centurion Lounge access recently changed so that it's only for the cardholder, no guests. But there are other lounges that still get guest access. But you do already have PP through some other cards.

I think the personal plat credits are better and the MSR is less. But the con is it'll take up a 5/24 slot. You might be able to pull up a support offer for 150k MRs and $200 statement credit for $6000 spend.

If your only Amex is the Hilton, you won't be able to support to a plat since cobrands only support to the same cobrand.

Booking through the Chase portal is a third party booking, so you won't get the Diamond benefits.

Thanks to those of you who answered my Gold question. After I asked it, I realized that it should work abroad but DH was just so confident that it wouldn't I believed him. :rotfl:

The MSR card with no foreign transaction fee. :D Which was part of why I went for the Citi AA card.

ETA: Just remembered that the Gold dining 4x is worldwide now. I remember being peeved that I was working on a gold biz MSR but that dining 4x is still US only.

Haha. We have decided to slow down a bit with the new cards. We got 3 early this year (between the 2 of us) and it's kind of nice to not have a MSR at the moment (plus the cards DH was looking into charge FTFs so those wouldn't be useful). Plus it's already hard paring down the cards we need to take on this trip. :rotfl:

I got this email from Chase. I got one earlier in the week that they were refunding a credit balance that was sitting on my CP. I thought it would be a check but I guess not. Is this legit? I think so but wanted to see what you thought. It has the last 4 of the acct number and the amount of the credit balance in the email.
View attachment 756920
FWIW that is the email Chase sends to DD a credit. If you don't accept they'll mail a check. I've done it a few times and it's quick, if a bit weird to have a separate system. I recall creating a new login and added a separate checking account for it. I looked up my last email and the link should be https://chasepayments.jpmorgan.com/ if you want to double check.

I'm over by a bit over 4 bucks not counting credits. I don't want to have to make up the over 300 in credits but also shouldn't have to because it's never been an issue before. My 90 days is just so close that I'll grab some gc next week if I have to but I'd prefer it hit before then. I feel like it's always been a few days. Why I'll prob chat mon if they aren't there so I can see what they see knowing there's more chance they'll probably be wrong than right :rotfl2:
My points hit tonight sometime. Wasn't there this morning, see them there now with today's date. 🤞 you won't have to chat.

I got this email from Chase. I got one earlier in the week that they were refunding a credit balance that was sitting on my CP. I thought it would be a check but I guess not. Is this legit? I think so but wanted to see what you thought. It has the last 4 of the acct number and the amount of the credit balance in the email.
View attachment 756920

I have one of these in my inbox because I just requested a credit balance refund. The from address is <donotreplyChasePayments@jpmorgan.com> and the link goes to https://chasepayments.jpmorgan.com
If you don't log in and set up your ACH info they'll send a check. I did ACH two days ago and already have my money.

I think the personal plat credits are better and the MSR is less. But the con is it'll take up a 5/24 slot. You might be able to pull up a support offer for 150k MRs and $200 statement credit for $6000 spend.

If your only Amex is the Hilton, you won't be able to support to a plat since cobrands only support to the same cobrand.

Booking through the Chase portal is a third party booking, so you won't get the Diamond benefits.
thanks for the clarification on hilton. I'll look at both doing the CIC or CIU supports and the amx platinum differences between biz and personal to see which one works best
yes we have PP thru several cards but i's been useless to us so far the last few years

When do the +3 UR points for travel booking through the Chase Portal hit? I made a reservation last week and I see the +2 points for travel but no the +3 for using the portal.

Hi all - avid reader of this thread, occasional poster....

Thinking of maybe visiting the Grand Canyon in the fall. Which airport is the best to fly into? Traveling from LGA, JFK or ISP if that makes a difference. Prefer SW but open to other airlines as I have URs and MRs for flights.

ETA: If anyone has advice on lodging, I could use some help there too.

Last edited:
Hi all - avid reader of this thread, occasional poster....

Thinking of maybe visiting the Grand Canyon in the fall. Which airport is the best to fly into? Traveling from LGA, JFK or ISP if that makes a difference. Prefer SW but open to other airlines as I have URs and MRs for flights.

ETA: If anyone has advice on lodging, I could use some help there too.
i flew into scottsdale, drove a bit, beautiful scenery. stayed at a place right outside (railroad stuff around), sorry I don't recall the name

got quite cold in the canyon.

also went thru sedona etc which is also beautiful

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter