I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

We honestly didn't do a ton of excursions, in Juneau we took a shuttle to Mendanhall, then it was about a 2 mile r/t hike to the waterfall and to see the glacier closer. There were also some other little trails around there we hiked, got to see a porcupine, and apparently had just missed seeing a mama bear and 2 cubs. In Skagway we did the train which I think at least 90% of our ship did. In Ketchikan we just walked/hiked around as well, I wish we would have had more time there but is was back onboard by 12:30 so we felt rushed.

We did not see a lot of kids at all, some, but not many, mostly toddlers. However I think that was due it to being the last week of May and most schools were still in session. We did see a family who home schooled though.
Mendenhall was spectacular. We did a combo whale watching/glacier hike in Juneau which was great but not a lot of whales in May and it rained (one of the reasons I want to do Alaska again.) In Skagway we did a bus tour thru Chilkoot Charters, which we enjoyed because our guide was entertaining and stopped when and where we liked (I think there were 8-10 people on our bus .) Our guide pulled over when he spotted something like this bear. 651E48F8-6185-4079-A70D-111CE11477C5.jpeg

We skipped whale watching because we did that in Iceland back in 2021 and we also saw quite a few from our ship! We really lucked out with the weather the last week of May, not a drop of rain! And warm enough in Ketchikan we all shed our jackets.

All the Alaska talk is making me more excited. We are taking an Alaskan cruise leaving June 25th on Discovery Princess. It will be my family, my sister's family and my mom. Ours does not go to Glacier Bay, but does Endicott Arm & Dawes Glacier. We've never been, so all of it will be new and beautiful I'm sure. We read that Glacier Bay is the best, it just did not work for us this time.

I have "save 10% up to $11 back" at Office Max/Office Depot on two of my Inks. It's not a store I go to often (maybe never).
Does anyone know whether OM/OD typically offer a $100 DGC? I need to stock up for a few fall and winter trips this year.

They normally have the ones where you choose the amount of the gift card. So you can ask for $110 to get the full $11
I can personally attest to the OM at San Tan having variable load DGC up to $500. I’ve purchased many over there. Depending on who’s working they may ask for ID matching the credit card.

Anyone familiar with Lexington, KY? Looking for a hotel near UK. Leaning toward using 8k Hyatt points for the Hyatt Regency. I also have Marriott and Hilton points and URs. No FH&R in Lexington (trying to use up that credit too).

Anyone familiar with Lexington, KY? Looking for a hotel near UK. Leaning toward using 8k Hyatt points for the Hyatt Regency. I also have Marriott and Hilton points and URs. No FH&R in Lexington (trying to use up that credit too).
I'm your girl! Went to school there and lived there for 7 years. Hyatt is downtown, the Hilton is right across the street. I've stayed at both within the last year and they are comparable. The Hilton is slightly my favorite of the two as the parking garage in with the hotel whereas the Hyatt parking is across the street. Certainly not deal breakers. Do you want to be close to campus or downtown?

I'm your girl! Went to school there and lived there for 7 years. Hyatt is downtown, the Hilton is right across the street. I've stayed at both within the last year and they are comparable. The Hilton is slightly my favorite of the two as the parking garage in with the hotel whereas the Hyatt parking is across the street. Certainly not deal breakers. Do you want to be close to campus or downtown?
Campus—it’s for Freshman orientation:)

We skipped whale watching because we did that in Iceland back in 2021 and we also saw quite a few from our ship! We really lucked out with the weather the last week of May, not a drop of rain! And warm enough in Ketchikan we all shed our jackets.
We’re landing in Ketchikan today, and the forecasted high is low 50’s with rain all day. I had booked an excursion pre-cruise and kept it since the 10-day weather forecast showed it would be 60’s and sunny. Unfortunately that’s not reality and we’re going to be out fishing (my first time ever fishing) in likely unpleasant weather.

Our cruise this week has been rain every single day, clouds obscuring views of the Inside Passage, pools closed due to weather…sounds like we didn’t get as lucky as you, which is the chance we took with a late May into early June Alaska cruise.

We did a whale watching excursion yesterday in Icy Strait Point and saw many whales. The highlight was seeing a group of five who were surfacing and diving in almost perfect synchrony. I’ve never seen more than two whales together before, so that was a treat. I haven’t seen any whales from the ship (Brilliance of the Seas) although others on board say they’ve seen one. I was lucky and saw a bear on the coastline as we cruised through Tracy Arm (Sawyer Glacier).

@CyndiLouWho I haven’t seen many kids on our cruise. Could be a lot are still in school. Our 18 yr old wasn’t able to come with us like we originally planned, but to be honest I think she would’ve been bored and a bit lonely, and probably would have spent most of her time reading a book. As an only, and an introvert, I can’t imagine the teen club would have held any appeal.

We were in Juneau on the same day as Discovery Princess and that’s a pretty, huge, and impressive looking boat. It probably has a lot more to do than the Brilliance, it looked at least 50% bigger.

I SM'd Chase yesterday around 1:00pm ET to request moving $1,000 of credit from my CIC to my CIU. I have not heard anything from them yet. Does it usually take a few days before they move the credit? Thank you.

I SM'd Chase yesterday around 1:00pm ET to request moving $1,000 of credit from my CIC to my CIU. I have not heard anything from them yet. Does it usually take a few days before they move the credit? Thank you.
In my experience, it has taken up to 2 business days before for them to reply to a SM, although many times I do hear back within the next day. You should get a reply from them confirming once it's done.

DH was approved for the new 70k AA point/$99 AF/ single purchase MSR on the Aadvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard. I'd like to apply but it would put me at 4/24 for 9 months, which I don't love. So many cards I want, lol.

Screenshot-2023-06-01-at-3.40.48-PM-1024x958.png
In October 2022 I got the AAdvantage Aviator Business card. Do you know if I can also get this one? I certainly don't need to it but 70k points for just one purchase is amazing.

This reminds me that I made the same request on May 30 and I haven't received a response yet. Usually I get a response within 24-36 hours. I'll wait until Monday and make the request again if I don't hear anything.

Looking at 2024, there are 2 Princess ships doing Glacier Bay but the one from Vancouver sails on Tuesdays which would require too much time off work. So our only option would be Princess Discovery from Seattle. Were there educational talks? Other activities? What room type did you have?
Did you look at the 7 Night Voyage of the Glaciers cruises? The Sapphire Princess and Royal Princess will be alternating cruising Northbound and Southbound voyages between Anchorage and Vancouver which leave and return on Saturdays. We are on the Southbound cruise and will be flying into Anchorage and then flying home from Vancouver. Both itineraries go to Glacier Bay.

In my experience, it has taken up to 2 business days before for them to reply to a SM, although many times I do hear back within the next day. You should get a reply from them confirming once it's done.
Thanks. I guess I will wait patiently until Monday. At least I am not waiting to make a purchase today.
This reminds me that I made the same request on May 30 and I haven't received a response yet. Usually I get a response within 24-36 hours. I'll wait until Monday and make the request again if I don't hear anything.
Hopefully we will both hear something by Monday. I think next time I will call rather than SM.

Campus—it’s for Freshman orientation:)
They are both walkable to campus, a long walk but I've done it before. There is a Holiday Inn Express, The Campbell House and a Candlewood Suites that maybe a little closer to campus but not a lot closer than the Hyatt or Hilton. These are all in fine neighborhoods and, although I haven't stayed in all of them, I've heard good things about them all. I think for orientation/move in any of them would be fine. Just as an FYI, if you are planning to visit anytime in the months of October or April make your reservations well in advance. Hotels book up for Kenneland racing as well as football weekends in the fall. You should definitely visit sometime when they are running at Keeneland, one of the best things to do in Lexington.

I'm kinda jealous, we couldn't talk our oldest into UK, it was too close to her (4 hours) and she thought the dorms were too nice. Ok, kid have fun walking down hall to take a shower.

First time trying to buy A1-15 with SW. it’s only giving me an option to pay with points. I can get them for free with the SW CC. Is it not possible to pay cash if I booked on points?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter