I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I totally forgot about RadPad! Didn’t they raise their fees though? Are they still around/processing rent? It was already more expensive than Plastiq.

3%, and i recall them being more strict with the payer, but my accounts still working and allowing me to send a check(i think) hoping to be grandfathered in to their old policy. Im gonna try it when my SPG Biz comes, hopefully this will work if Plastiq nerfs Amex. will report back.

I am irrationally upset. We were out of town this weekend and went to a place for dinner that was not that good, but expensive. My one consoling thought was that at least the UR points. It posted and but didn't code as dining. I secured messaged them just now and the response was that the place doesn't code as dining but as gifts etc. I would have totally put it on my Amex that working on minimum spend if I had known that. I start complaining about it to DH and his eyes glaze over...

I start complaining about it to DH and his eyes glaze over...

You are dealing with the same dh disconnect that I am lol. My dh picked up Chinese last night and before he left to get it, I told him to make sure he used the CSR. To which he replied, 'ok'. Well, this morning I am checking my cc's online and I see the Chinese place pending on a different card. I quickly sent him a text asking why he used that card rather than the CSR. To which he simply replies back, "oh yeah, sorry about that. I forgot" o_O Um, yeah...

I am irrationally upset. We were out of town this weekend and went to a place for dinner that was not that good, but expensive. My one consoling thought was that at least the UR points. It posted and but didn't code as dining. I secured messaged them just now and the response was that the place doesn't code as dining but as gifts etc. I would have totally put it on my Amex that working on minimum spend if I had known that. I start complaining about it to DH and his eyes glaze over...
I see nothing irrational about this. At all.

Last weekend, as usual, my mom and I were doing our Saturday errands and shopping. We always grab lunch (often just a drive-thru) and we take turns paying. So we were approaching the window to pay and I think I said, "So, am I paying or what?" To which she replied, "Well, I'll pay, but I thought you were working on one of your spends or whatever."

I didn't need the snarkiness on the word spends. (LOL)

Does the Chase business account not show UR when a charge posts? Trying to learn my way around the account.

Does the Chase business account not show UR when a charge posts? Trying to learn my way around the account.

I’m not a fan of the Chase business interface. I always check transactions and points earned under the Recent Activity link on the Ultimate Rewards site. I find that transactions and points pending appear much faster on the UR site.

Received an Amex business gold rewards offer with 75k after $5k spend - $175 fee waived the first year. Is that a good offer? Or should I hold out for something better.

That’s historically the highest offer for that Card. And since it’s a biz card, it doesn’t count against 5/24. Go for it!
I agree! Fantastic Offer!!

You are dealing with the same dh disconnect that I am lol. My dh picked up Chinese last night and before he left to get it, I told him to make sure he used the CSR. To which he replied, 'ok'. Well, this morning I am checking my cc's online and I see the Chinese place pending on a different card. I quickly sent him a text asking why he used that card rather than the CSR. To which he simply replies back, "oh yeah, sorry about that. I forgot" o_O Um, yeah...
Ha ha. But my DH is getting it, not always helpful. Out to dinner with his family yesterday for DHs and his sister's bdays. FIL offers to pay, DH grabs the check and says "no I got it, we need the points" Now points are good, but a FREE meal is better.

Can I close the account before the fee hits next year?
Yup - I'd just leave it open for a full year and then cancel. Just keep up to speed on the Annual Fee refund policy - currently Amex gives you 30 days to cancel and get the fee refunded I believe (but that could change).

I have a CSR and a CSP. tWife has a CSR and a CIBP. We intend to keep my CSR and down grade here CIBP to the no fee option. I don't need the second CSR or the CSP. Is it better to product change those to the Freedom cards, or cancel and sign up for the Freedoms and get the smallish sign up bonus? We are both at like 2/24 and both have credit scores at around 815.

I have a CSR and a CSP. tWife has a CSR and a CIBP. We intend to keep my CSR and down grade here CIBP to the no fee option. I don't need the second CSR or the CSP. Is it better to product change those to the Freedom cards, or cancel and sign up for the Freedoms and get the smallish sign up bonus? We are both at like 2/24 and both have credit scores at around 815.

I'm not a fan of using one of the coveted '5/24' slots for either of the Freedom cards. There are other cards that count against 5/24 that have more lucrative sign-up bonuses (SW cards, Marriott, United, etc.).

If you would like to earn more points, I'd suggest your wife use your CSP referral link and get that card for herself before you PC and you use her CIP referral link to try for that card yourself also before you PC. If that does not interest you and none of the other Chase cards (hotel, airline) are ones you want, then definitely take advantage of being under 5/24 and go for the Freedom cards with the bonuses, which means you would need to cancel the cards you have rather than PC'ing.

Last edited:
If you would like to earn more points, I'd suggest your wife use your CSP referral link and get that card for herself before you PC and you use her CIP referral link to try for that card yourself also before you PC.

If DW has a CSR, she won’t be able to apply for the CSP, referral link or not, because of the one Sapphire rule. Even if DW cancels or downgrades the CSR (which she must’ve gotten within the last year or so), she wouldn’t be able to get the CSP’s bonus because of the one Sapphire bonus in 24 months rule. @WDWRook can and probably should use DW’s CIP referral to get himself a CIP.

I could get a CIP, that's a great idea. So you all think it's best to PC the other cards vs cancel and reapply for Freedoms?

If DW has a CSR, she won’t be able to apply for the CSP, referral link or not, because of the one Sapphire rule. Even if DW cancels or downgrades the CSR (which she must’ve gotten within the last year or so), she wouldn’t be able to get the CSP’s bonus because of the one Sapphire bonus in 24 months rule. @WDWRook can and probably should use DW’s CIP referral to get himself a CIP.

OH yes, thanks for the correction! I forget about the new sapphire rule.

Looking for other DPs. I've noticed that my Shop Through Chase purchases don't credit when I pay with a combination of credit card and gift card. However, they do credit about a week later when I pay with just a credit card or only gift card(s). Any other experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter