I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CHASE FREEDOM Q2 CATEGORIES - UNCONFIRMED RUMOR:
Per a reddit user: the categories are Grocery Stores and transcations made using Chase Pay or Paypal. They got this information from a phone rep at Chase...I'm calling this unconfirmed for now since the phone rep may be as trustworthy as a Disney Bus Driver...
Sounds like DH needs to downgrade his CSP to CF... we easily max out now that they've included Chase pay.

You may have already done this, but just wanted to say that before applying for credit cards and accumulating points....try to figure out where you would want to stay. For example - many European cities are not awash with the usual Marriott/Hilton etc options. In Rome, i think there is only one good Marriott option and it is a category 9. If you are going to Rome - location is so important. I am not sure how the Marriott options are in Venice, but it is a good idea to discover your options before gathering the points only to find that you can't use them for a hotel in a good location.

What are good hotel points to accumulate for use in Europe?

I have a question about the Priority Pass Select lounge passes that you get with the Amex Hilton cards. It says you get 10 passes per year. Does that mean that my family of four would use four passes, or does a pass include a guest? I've never used an airport lounge before and the whole thing kind of intimidates me.

Just a heads up in case anyone didn't know. Ebay is having 20% off everything today using code PSPRING20.
It doesn't apply towards cards. It also is not that ebay bucks stuff. This is instant savings.

I got some stuff from my Amazon cart that i was waiting to go down. Combined that with ebates UP to 10% plus
I ran to grocery store and got ebay gift card with Amex 6x card.

Ebates had 5% in home and garden so got some nice deals total on kitchen stuff i had been eyeing.
you can get amazon stuff thru ebay?

I know this isn’t Reddit, but I’m scared to post my s***ychurnning story over there. I went grocery shopping today and it’s free Friday where they give a select item for free. For some reason it didn’t come off so the cashier had to refund me. I paid with my FU, but I got the refund in cash!! a whole dollar!!!

Sounds like a good plan to me.

1. SPG Biz this month, offer expires 3/28/18: 35k Starpoints for DH; 7.5k Starpoints for you. So that’s a combined $14k/3 months spend between both your SPG Biz cards.

2. CIP for the 20k UR referral to you, 80k UR to DH whenever you’re ready for the $5k/3 months spend.

The above two cards don’t count and will keep DH at 2/24. Then you’ll likely have room for 4 more personal cards by doing either a CSP+CSR or 2x SW cards double dip at 4/24.

So,

3. Sometime after April, DH could product change his CSR to a Freedom or Freedom Unlimited, maybe give it a month for the change to update with Chase and on his credit reports, then double dip the CSP+CSR. That’s a combined $8k MSR in 3 months.

Those two cards will bring DH to 4/24, with one personal card slot left that can potentially turn into two.

4. Towards the end of the year, or early next year, DH can cancel his SW cards, then go for the SW Biz, which won’t count against his */24 and one of the personal SW cards; or, he could double dip (apply for both) the SW personal cards on the same day using his last slot to get around the 5/24 limit.

The first option will leave him at 5/24, with a card dropping off in June 2019. The latter option will bring him to 6/24, so he’ll need the two SW cards from 6/17 and 9/17 to drop off in June and September 2019 before he’s under 5/24 again.

Another possibility is,

5. DH applies for the SW Biz late this year or early next year so he meets his minimum spend such that his points post in 2019. Then, he’s still at 4/24 because the SW Biz doesn’t count. 30 days after DH was approved for the SW Biz, he can still use that last slot at 4/24 to get two personal cards in a double dip. So he could get one of the SW personal cards (again make sure the points post in the same year as those from the SW Biz to qualify for CP) and apply for another personal card on the same day he’s approved for the SW personal card — maybe the Marriott personal card or whatever other new cards Chase might roll out this year.

This will bring him to 6/24, and he’ll need to wait until 9/19 to hit Chase again. In the meantime, there are plenty of Amex business cards to keep your DH busy.

My only concern is that will be 5 chase cards in less than a year...assuming he does CIP late Spring (after SPG) and then double dip the CSR/CSP summer, and SWx2 late year/Jan...so really in 6 months. Yikes. That might raise some flags.

I guess if I need to skip something, I will leave his CSR alone. He travels 3-4 nights a week so it is great for 3x points for him.

Unintended consequence of churning: I had to update my iOS. I've been hanging onto 10 as long as I could (updating always goes bad for me and this time I lost some of my fav old apps due to the no 32 bit nonsense) but the State Farm app takes Apple Pay and I wanted those 3x points! State farm app would only download if I upgraded to 11. Secret to getting everybody to upgrade their phone? Pay them. Even if it's just points!

ive been looking for a Samsung S6 or better just for Samsung pay... i havent found one yet, but im on a lookout for one!

My only concern is that will be 5 chase cards in less than a year...assuming he does CIP late Spring (after SPG) and then double dip the CSR/CSP summer, and SWx2 late year/Jan...so really in 6 months. Yikes. That might raise some flags.

I guess if I need to skip something, I will leave his CSR alone. He travels 3-4 nights a week so it is great for 3x points for him.

I think that many chase cards in such a short time would concern me too. I'd leave out the CSP/CSR double dip and save that for later. Throw in another Amex biz card or the marriott biz (not sure if y'all have that one already) and then do your SWx2.

My dd's both want to Dapper Disney bound when we go to DL this summer. I know my dd's and I would love to see your pics once you go!

I will post a Dapper Day pic.

Oh, thank you! I'll share a little story from last night that just made me my mama heart happy. My oldest dd (one in red & white dress) is chronically ill so she doesn't feel good a lot but after several bad days (new meds), yesterday, she felt pretty good. Even feeling good, she always has joint pain though. A boy that she has known since she was in 3rd grade asked her to dance. She was like, "Jordan, you know I don't dance." He said, "Well, maybe for the right song". He went over to the dj and they started playing "Tale as Old as Time" and came back and took my dd's hand and danced with her. Her first slow dance with a boy and it was to a song from her favorite movie :love:

My eyes are LEAKING!!! :sad:

i tried this once, but once i used it, it disappeared from both my listed... :\ i must be doing something wrong. haha.

Were you using multiple browsers or on an iPad? I've only done it successfully on a PC and have been doing it that way for years. The key is to have each tab open. I'll see if I can do a screen shot step by step a la Million Mile Secrets style later tonight.

I'll be at DLR next month too so this will be great for a dapper tiki theme.

I'll keep an eye out for Tiki themed Dapper outfits while we are there.

Hawaii I want to go to two islands Maui and Oahu. Italy want to go to Rome & Venice. I opened 2 credit cards in past 24 months. Yes I own a daycare business. So any hints you have for me would be great.

First, what is your home airport? Before you can decide what airline you need to earn points with, you need to make sure that is the airline you will likely be flying and the cards you apply for will help you reach that goal. I am near Miami which is a hub for American Airlines who partners with Delta. My numerous flights to Europe have all been on British Airways as they are partners with AA. My flight to Oahu last year was on American Airlines.

Next, is your plan to travel for as few points in economy or are you looking to earn points to subsidize travel in business or first class?

Always plan at least two years out. Give yourself at least year to earn the points you need. You will want them in place a year before you actually travel so you can have the best shot at securing award seats.

Club Carlson. Haven't paid for a hotel stay in Europe in years thanks to this card!

As usual the answer is 'it depends' - can vary widely depending upon where in Europe you are headed. Off the top of my head I would say Best Westerns are quite prevalent and might be worth acquiring some IHG points for Intercontinental/Crowne Plaza/ Holiday Inn etc. Of course - Hilton and Marriott is often available - but not as widely as in the Americas. This is why it pays to plan where you might be going and see what is available there - I know advance planning is not always possible though. As others have mentioned - Club Carlson - particularly for Radisson properties can be a good option.

In some cities, the best hotel options are members of the Accor Hotels group or Scandic - and I am not sure there is an easy way to churn points for those from the US.

Is the best plan going to be Disney GC from BB or Walmart.com using chase pay?

Or can I use chase pay somewhere to buy Walmart cards at 5x points and use the Walmart cards at Sams for discounted Disney cards?

ETA:^^^^oh wait! I can buy Walmart cards on gyft for 5x using PayPal and buy Disney at Sams. Yes! See I am catching oN! I'd get 5000 UR points and $30 savings for ever $1k I spend in Disney gift cards....now waiting for one of you pros to come along and tell me where I am going wrong. lol

I’m thinking you could also wait for one of those Cashstar or eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts deals where you buy a $100 or $150 Best Buy eGift card, get a $10 or $15 Best Buy savings code (9% off), check out using PayPal (5x UR), then take the gift cards and savings codes in store to buy Disney Gift Cards using Shopkick, Ibotta, or Swagbucks.

You’ll have to wait on a deal to happen, but the savings are a little more than at Sam’s Club.

Last edited:
https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/kevlarlover/Card+Recommendation+Flowchart.html

great flow chart courtesy of the reddit churning thread for when a new person interesting in this game to read through. i added it to the wiki for quick reference if we have someone new show up.

edit: reddit also reports that Q2 for Freedom card will also offer Chase Pay/Paypal categories. that would be pretty interesting to see esp for paypal.
I would love to see Apple Pay. Chase Pay has not worked for me. Literally have found no where that takes it.

O.m.g. I’m a dude and this story even has me swooning.

ETA: I’ve really enjoyed reading your posts and seeing your beautiful girls all dressed up for their snazzy event last night. And then this post! I can’t even right now.
Wait, you’re a dude??

Just kidding. But it is hard to remember who is who sometimes. Especially when you’re old and forgetful like me.

I'm not sure where you live, and I will admit that this is a shameless plug for my employer, but Albertsons/Safeway take Apple Pay at all of their banner stores (which also include Acme, Shaws/Star Markets about 10 others).
Any idea if that includes Jewel-Osco? I think it’s the only Albertson group store in Chicago area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter