I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome. It is definitely one of the most complicated (and misunderstood) discounts that Disney puts out. We always travel that time of year and once I "cracked the code" so to speak, it made it much easier to evaluate that discount vs. other discounts at the same time period and determine which was best. AND Me + Math Problems = Fun!

I have never understood that discount! So, your thread is great and I'm going to read through it more. We don't typically go when that discount is offered but we've definitely considered it.

I have never understood that discount! So, your thread is great and I'm going to read through it more. We don't typically go when that discount is offered but we've definitely considered it.
Well one theme you'll see if you read through the various year's threads is that discount has progressively gotten worse...AND WORSE...pretty much like most Disney discounts, lol!

Well one theme you'll see if you read through the various year's threads is that discount has progressively gotten worse...AND WORSE...pretty much like most Disney discounts, lol!

I did notice that in your thread. I don't know how anyone really affords Disney anymore, without CC points or DVC or some other amazing way to save...Yet more people than ever seem to be filling the place. Kind of baffling.

My activity on the DIS is basically this thread, the News Roundup and of course my self-proclaimed world famous threads dissecting the annual Disney Stay Play Dine deal for Jan/Feb travel dates each year!
Omg, that’s right!!! I read your threads on the Stay Play Dine discount before I ever found this thread!! I do remember now that was you! I was comparing that discount to the one I used to do, “free dining”. You’ve been famous to me since I started here, haha! Oh but I did think you were like my dad’s age, lol.

@gottalovepluto , I always figured you were a girl :)

Off to search @Albort !

ETA : wow, @Albort really is famous! I had no idea, how cool. I loved ready the posts from your fans. Someone new asked who is Albort and this answer sums it up: WHO is Albort!!!??? Did you just crawl out from under a rock? :rotfl:
Albort is the 'famous' DISBoards celebrity

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip. Not going for a few years so have time to save points. I have 5 children so would want to do flights direct to Italy and then perhaps train from Rome to Venice then go back to Naples as my family lives there so no hotel needed for that part of the trip.

With 5 kids, I figure you might want to do AirB&B over there. All the hotel rooms are so tiny. My friend went over with 5 kids and they rented apts where they could, if they had to go to a hotel they had to rent 3 rooms. Maybe there are some that are bigger?

Man, ya'll got silly last night. And it was so late for some of you! Lol Had to search @Albort and there was so many, could not read them all, but this one cracked me up.

Albort is his Dis name, he posts here and he works at DLR (maybe just over in DCA, maybe not, not sure, but he seems to know quite a bit about churros). And at some point before I got here, people started looking for him while at DL/DCA!

Oh, and for the THE longest time, I thought he was a very pretty, dark-haired girl, b/c of his signature picture and/or avatar. Later on I heard about HSM and figured out that Albort was not a young actress. :)

Apparently, he is not just expert at Credit Cards but also Churros! Who knew? lol

Last edited:
Man, ya'll got silly last night. And it was so late for some of you! Lol Had to search @Albort and there was so many, could not read them all, but this one cracked me up.

Probably explains the silliness then, hehe :)

Ditto on that Albort post! I almost snorted my milk when I read that one.

Girl...? Always knew you and @Lain were dudes :)
ok..... now that we're getting into this..... @Lain was *obviously* a woman,I was guessing in her 40's...(that name reminds me of Elaine:rotfl2:) @wendow you have a pic so I assume that's you(but who really knows?) @gottalovepluto.....I'm guessing again.... older man of a certain age..?????:rotfl: I have no idea! @Albort ,I imagine you looking just like your posts read.... I think it was my time on FT and reddit....I imagine most big time churners as middle aged males with at least 3 computers running simultaneously, compiling all these tricks for churning the rest of us can only guess at....and then this thread comes alive.....so different here!:thumbsup2 I think my username is sadly obvious,as are my posts:bitelip: as usual I'm late to the game

With 5 kids, I figure you might want to do AirB&B over there. All the hotel rooms are so tiny. My friend went over with 5 kids and they rented apts where they could, if they had to go to a hotel they had to rent 3 rooms. Maybe there are some that are bigger?
Thanks I will look into that as well

When I first joined the DIS, I posted on a thread on the family forum and literally, got eaten alive. I almost left this board. I couldn't believe how hostile all those ladies were and I told them so...which, of course, didn't go over well. So, I didn't post for like a year lol! Once I found the GC, SB's and eventually this thread, I realized this was where all the *nice* people were. I don't venture too far from 'home'.

Me too! My first post was on the family forum. I'd heard about CMs pixie dusting strollers when they're parked in corrals--decorating them with balloons and little Disney gifts and such. I thought that would be fun for my kids and me to do for a family. We love to browse the shops but none of us need any more Disney stuff (lest we become THAT family whose home and wardrobe look like they live at Disney). I thought they'd get a kick out of choosing a balloon and maybe some Mickey ears or a small stuffed Mickey and maybe some treats, and leaving them in a stranger's stroller. But the social acceptability and even legality of this seemed a little iffy so I thought I'd see what others thought. Apparently it's more than "iffy;" people on the family forum were downright appalled that I would even consider breaching the sanctity of another family's stroller. I can see their point, really; it probably was a really bad idea. But they were so aggressive about it. Some acted like it would ruin their whole vacation if someone put a stuffed Mickey in their stroller; they'd be looking over their shoulder for the rest of the trip wondering who their stalker was and if I was nearby waiting to attack them with armfuls of stuffed Mickeys (ok, not quite their words; I embellish). One woman brought up the fact that a child could be allergic to balloons (which I admit I hadn't thought of) and OMG I COULD KILL SOMEONE ELSE'S CHILD!!! Some were kinder but overall the entire tone was pretty harsh. Even when I came back with my hands up (figuratively) and agreed that it was a bad idea and that I would definitely NOT be doing it, they continued to berate me with all kinds of reasons why decorating a stranger's stroller pretty much amounts to assault. There are some nervous people out there! I figured the family whose stroller we chose would just assume it had been a CM and be thrilled with the pixie dust. I wonder how people react when a CM does it? Do they assume they have a stalker?

Anyway, it was a little bit of a surprise when people were so NICE on this forum!

Ok, I'm so behind because I've been driving out of state and at a horse show all day... but I do have one thing to say...

@Lain is a guy?!?!?! Ha, sorry to pick on you Lain! I guess it's like we were discussing the other day about not realizing people's ages on here. With the exception of a few people, I guess I tend to assume that just about everyone on here is a woman haha.

haha, i always thought @Lain was a guy. for awhile, i thought @SouthFayetteFan was a girl.

1) I was also surprised Lain was a guy for some reason when I learned that. I'm glad to have some male energy around here LOL!

2) We do have a lot of females here which is nice. r/churning feels like a bunch of angry men most of the time and there are far more males than females there. I think our female:male ratio provides nice balance here and keeps everybody positive too :)

While we are establishing gender... @gottalovepluto - girl or guy??

Man you guys move fast. Ok catching up from last night.

That explains why r/churning causes me some serious eye roll :rolleyes: angry men always give me a case of eye roll.

Count me in the "surprised @Lain was a guy" club. I always assumed @SouthFayetteFan was male and never gave it much thought. There are still a few regulars that I'm not sure about and wonder. I've always assumed @gottalovepluto was a girl. I guess I'll find out soon as I catch up. As for ages, I picture almost everyone in or close to their 30's, except for @Albort who I picture in his 20's and have always assumed is a guy. For a while, I did think @SouthFayetteFan was closer to my age with the focus on retirement etc. I'll be 50 on January 1st but I sure don't feel like I'm almost 50.

Some were kinder but overall the entire tone was pretty harsh. Even when I came back with my hands up (figuratively) and agreed that it was a bad idea and that I would definitely NOT be doing it, they continued to berate me with all kinds of reasons why decorating a stranger's stroller pretty much amounts to assault. There are some nervous people out there! I figured the family whose stroller we chose would just assume it had been a CM and be thrilled with the pixie dust. I wonder how people react when a CM does it? Do they assume they have a stalker?

Anyway, it was a little bit of a surprise when people were so NICE on this forum!

Y'all, I gotta go check it out just to laugh at how irrational and mean people get...now that I don't work I have mostly happy folks in my life (ignoring the hormonal DD of course).

BTW, middle aged mom here. I've noticed how invisible I've become...think the CIA is missing out on great opportunity to recruit us for spying. Sigh..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter