I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawaii I want to go to two islands Maui and Oahu. Italy want to go to Rome & Venice. I opened 2 credit cards in past 24 months. Yes I own a daycare business. So any hints you have for me would be great.
Just catching up not even a day and there were lots of pages to catch up.

I would do the CIP then wait 31 days and apply for another Card. UR have lots of choices for airline and hotel. Like others said the CSR and CSP double dip but since you are wanting 2-3 yrs out might want to save that for a little later. When we went to HI the Hyatt Place was the cheapest I could find that I liked the reviews on. Marriott across the street had a $25 resort fee. After checking it out it was nice but to me not worth that fee. You could do SWA and get your companion pass that way you only have to pay for 3/4 flight depending on if you and DH get it.

I don't know what this means but I am quoting this for future reference. Sounds like Amex 102 and I haven't gotten through 101 yet.

I did post the steps again but with screen shots to help anyone who is more of a visual person. But either way, you can always tag me here and ask for help if you lose the quote. I know the thread moves pretty fast.

@calypso, July 2020 for me...but I'm flying to either Australia or Fiji the day before so I can skip my bday and be 49 for a year. Just a suggestion...

Aw man! I never considered bypassing time itself. Excellent idea!!! Are you doing the Australia ABD? Still wishing ABD would do Fiji and New Zealand ... grrr. Well at least Japan is on board.

Aw man! I never considered bypassing time itself. Excellent idea!!! Are you doing the Australia ABD? Still wishing ABD would do Fiji and New Zealand ... grrr. Well at least Japan is on board

Thanks! I was reading Bill Bryson's In a Sunburned Country and he was discussing the phenomenon of time travel and it hit me...I don't have to turn 50! I'm torn between doing a Fiji on my own trip; Kensington has a Fiji/NZ trip but I'm not sure if they run it in the winter of NZ; or ABD Australia and do a little NZ exploration on my own. Right now the plan is a couple of days at Aulani, hop to Fiji; Australia/NZ Tauck tour in 2021. Of course things always subject to change. At least I'm planning 2 and 3 years ahead for miles/points so hoping to do most of the trip in relative comfort :)

I have been surprisingly correct on gender. Now what people actually look like (as I have a picture in my head) is probably quite wrong.

I have posted for years on the easywdw forums. Trip reports and everything. They always would make fun of stuff on the Dis and my thought was stop looking at it then! But it was actually talk of credit cards on that forum is how I stumbled onto this at Dis. I had already started doing some cards (which is why I had the capital one venture one that finally went off last month), and then I found this thread 2 years ago last summer when the Reserve came out. I don’t know if I was posting but I was following @calypso726 and her saga to get a Reserve. I started obsessively reading this because the people on here all know what you are talking about versus the one other person on easywdw who kept lecturing other people. So yes, there are a couple threads I will follow on the Dis but for the most part just this one. It is enough and keeps me busy! I have to say I have posted on the restaurant one once or twice and it is a little crazy. I mean I know Disney pretty well (AP’s and last year I went on 4 separate trips) but sometimes....

My main reason for posting. Last night before going to bed my husband said “do you have a new card yet?” Guess he has something he wants to buy for $800 (he knows me so well....it won’t bug me as bad if it is a purchase with a purpose!) SO I applied for the CIP finally this morning. No idea why it was freaking me out so bad. Chase just makes their business card applications so serious! 30 day notice so fingers crossed. I am cautiously optimistic. With DH’s referral 100,000 UR’s make me a little dizzy.

So I put a Disney Cruise on hold on Thursday thru DCL. I wanted to book thru Costco but their website didn’t have DCL cruises loaded, so I will transfer to Costco later. In the meantime, I researched insurance and found a policy much cheaper than Disney (of course). I was debating which cc to put the deposit on when I had a mini epiphany (I know it’s probably obvious to others) that since I booked thru DCL, I could put it on my AMEX SPG Biz. Put the insurance on BOA Premium Rewards card, meeting MSR. The deposit on SPG Card now has me halfway thru that MSR.

My main reason for posting. Last night before going to bed my husband said “do you have a new card yet?” Guess he has something he wants to buy for $800 (he knows me so well....it won’t bug me as bad if it is a purchase with a purpose!) SO I applied for the CIP finally this morning. No idea why it was freaking me out so bad. Chase just makes their business card applications so serious! 30 day notice so fingers crossed. I am cautiously optimistic. With DH’s referral 100,000 UR’s make me a little dizzy.

Fingers crossed for you!

And when you are approved, you can ask Chase to expedite it.

DITTO!!! We are Disneyland bound in T-24 hours!

Have a great time at Food & Wine!

I have been surprisingly correct on gender. Now what people actually look like (as I have a picture in my head) is probably quite wrong.

I have posted for years on the easywdw forums. Trip reports and everything. They always would make fun of stuff on the Dis and my thought was stop looking at it then! But it was actually talk of credit cards on that forum is how I stumbled onto this at Dis. I had already started doing some cards (which is why I had the capital one venture one that finally went off last month), and then I found this thread 2 years ago last summer when the Reserve came out. I don’t know if I was posting but I was following @calypso726 and her saga to get a Reserve. I started obsessively reading this because the people on here all know what you are talking about versus the one other person on easywdw who kept lecturing other people. So yes, there are a couple threads I will follow on the Dis but for the most part just this one. It is enough and keeps me busy! I have to say I have posted on the restaurant one once or twice and it is a little crazy. I mean I know Disney pretty well (AP’s and last year I went on 4 separate trips) but sometimes....

According to some of the members here, I resemble my avatar :D well, except for eye color, the fact that I'm pushing 50 and could never pull off that dress :rolleyes1 But we both have red hair that refuses to comply with any sense of order or style and does whatever it wants to do.

We've done some unusual things for points and miles, like test driving cars we had no intention of purchasing, more than once, sitting through a Bose audio sales presentation, subscribing to Netflix for a week, subscribing to WSJ for a month for $1 and other magazines too. Getting the CSR I think tops the list of hoops I'd jump through for miles and points and a card I really want.

I'm patiently (ok impatiently) waiting on the next card to jump on but the timing has to work. Wishing you luck on the approval!

@calypso, July 2020 for me...but I'm flying to either Australia or Fiji the day before so I can skip my bday and be 49 for a year. Just a suggestion...
Ha, I am one year ahead of you, July 2019. I like your idea, maybe I should try!!!
Not sure I ever really thought much about gender. I have a tendency to think female for most posters, unless its super obvious. I have no idea why LOL.

Does anyone wonder about the OP of this thread? This started almost 2 years ago, I am sure it has gone on longer than she/he? ever imagined. I don't think they have posted on here in a long while, I wonder if it was a once and done thing or if they are still following along. I am glad it started, would never have heard of this if it were not for this thread. At that time we had the Disney Visa and the Freedom that I used to get cash back from. Thought I was doing good with those 2. lol Actually, I did get the CSP in May of 2016, before this thread. That must have been from another thread I read here on budget board. My husband thought I was crazy for getting a card with a fee. And I never tried to get any in my name, did not know I could before this thread since I am SAHM. I am still much slower at this than most, we have gotten 8 new cards combined in the last 2 years.

What an excellent idea since we are looking at going to Australia. Only problem is it is their winter in June and we have been there in July 2000 and we want warm summer weather next time we visit. The rainforest north of Cairns was the only place that was warm. Sydney was more like spring weather in MD and the wine country of Sydney was cold in July.

Does anyone wonder about the OP of this thread? This started almost 2 years ago, I am sure it has gone on longer than she/he? ever imagined. I don't think they have posted on here in a long while, I wonder if it was a once and done thing or if they are still following along. I am glad it started, would never have heard of this if it were not for this thread. At that time we had the Disney Visa and the Freedom that I used to get cash back from. Thought I was doing good with those 2. lol Actually, I did get the CSP in May of 2016, before this thread. That must have been from another thread I read here on budget board. My husband thought I was crazy for getting a card with a fee. And I never tried to get any in my name, did not know I could before this thread since I am SAHM. I am still much slower at this than most, we have gotten 8 new cards combined in the last 2 years.
I do sometimes but I’m happy they laid the foundation for our group here and let us take off and try on our own so to speak.

Speed is so personal in this & being slow is totally fine. The more cards you hit, the more you have to manage, the more time it takes down the road. Also sounds like you’re under 5/24 which means you’re much closer to some lucrative Chase bonuses than some of the rest of us!

Just catching up not even a day and there were lots of pages to catch up.

I would do the CIP then wait 31 days and apply for another Card. UR have lots of choices for airline and hotel. Like others said the CSR and CSP double dip but since you are wanting 2-3 yrs out might want to save that for a little later. When we went to HI the Hyatt Place was the cheapest I could find that I liked the reviews on. Marriott across the street had a $25 resort fee. After checking it out it was nice but to me not worth that fee. You could do SWA and get your companion pass that way you only have to pay for 3/4 flight depending on if you and DH get it.
Thank you we do have the SW cc and both had free companion this year, plus we just opened it this year so we also used our reward points and went free. 4 trips to disney and only cost us the points and cc fee.

What an excellent idea since we are looking at going to Australia. Only problem is it is their winter in June and we have been there in July 2000 and we want warm summer weather next time we visit. The rainforest north of Cairns was the only place that was warm. Sydney was more like spring weather in MD and the wine country of Sydney was cold in July.

Oh, that weather sounds lovely! I tend to go places like Alaska, Scotland, Ireland and next year Iceland to escape our July heat/humidity!

She has actually started a couple of other very successful long running threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter