I missed the SW 60k offer

I plan is to meet the spend by around 12/15 so the points will post shortly after 1/1 and 1/4. So hopefully by 1/6, I’ll have CP. It really depends on when your statement closes. So my Plus just started today for Jan and my Premier will start on 12/4.

My statements posted on 11/21 and 11/25 for my cards.

ETA: My card opened in October so I also had statements on 10/21 and 10/25.

My statements posted on 11/21 and 11/25 for my cards.

ETA: My card opened in October so I also had statements on 10/21 and 10/25.

So from what I gather, it should be safe to hit my spend after my statement closes on 12/25, but I think I might try to wait until as close to January as possible just to be safe.

This is probably a dumb question, but now that we're coming down to the wire on getting the Companion Pass with bonus year, I want to be sure I don't mess up. Just double checking that paying with my cc linked through PayPal counts. I had a big plumbing bill which the plumber split into 2 equal payments on PayPal so I could put a payment on each of the new SW cards. Suddenly I began to worry that PP might not count.

This is probably a dumb question, but now that we're coming down to the wire on getting the Companion Pass with bonus year, I want to be sure I don't mess up. Just double checking that paying with my cc linked through PayPal counts. I had a big plumbing bill which the plumber split into 2 equal payments on PayPal so I could put a payment on each of the new SW cards. Suddenly I began to worry that PP might not count.
No worries, you're fine! I met my final spend paying our auto insurance and the propane bill. I am thinking I'll have mine by 1/5/18 and then we can decide our Spring Break and summer vacation plans.

Ok, so I applied for and was approved for 2 cards on 9/26. Closing date on one is the 11th of each month and the 25th on the other. I have a saved message from Chase confirming a minimum spend date for both on Jan 19. Does this mean I can complete the spend on both after Dec 25, or would it be better to wait until later, like around the 1st of Jan? I know that the early closing date on one of the cards probably means I won't qualify for CP until Feb, right?

Ok, so I applied for and was approved for 2 cards on 9/26. Closing date on one is the 11th of each month and the 25th on the other. I have a saved message from Chase confirming a minimum spend date for both on Jan 19. Does this mean I can complete the spend on both after Dec 25, or would it be better to wait until later, like around the 1st of Jan? I know that the early closing date on one of the cards probably means I won't qualify for CP until Feb, right?
The one on the 11th has closed for Dec (12/14) so any spend on that will be counted towards Jan. The 25th won’t close until 12/28 so you have wait until after that date to finish the spend.

The one on the 11th has closed for Dec (12/14) so any spend on that will be counted towards Jan. The 25th won’t close until 12/28 so you have wait until after that date to finish the spend.
Thank you! That's what I needed :)

I just completed my spend (cutoff to spend is 1/21). Any idea when my miles will post to my RR account? I haven’t paid the bill yet since it’s not due for a couple weeks....does that matter? TIA!

I am in the same spot. One of my cards will close the 11th but the other doesn't close until the 28th. That's ok, though, because I don't really need the CP this month! Fingers crossed it all goes through for us without a hitch :)

I am in the same spot. One of my cards will close the 11th but the other doesn't close until the 28th. That's ok, though, because I don't really need the CP this month! Fingers crossed it all goes through for us without a hitch :)
Hopefully, they post more timely than mine. My statements closed 1/1 and 1/3 and I can see the points on my statement. Every other month they have posted on the 2nd and 4th but not this month. I am still waiting for them to post.

I’m not planning to use mine for a couple months either but will just feel better when I know it’s all set and I didn’t screw it up!

I'm waiting with the rest of you. Ours close on the 11th & 25th. We don't fly again til April (not Easter week tho) so I have time too.

Here's a question: if you are using the 60,000 points from 2 cards for the Companion Pass, do those 120,000 points go into that person's Rapid Rewards account? In other words, is there any transfer required to get all of the points in the right place for the CP?

Here's a question: if you are using the 60,000 points from 2 cards for the Companion Pass, do those 120,000 points go into that person's Rapid Rewards account? In other words, is there any transfer required to get all of the points in the right place for the CP?
When you apply for the CCs you include your RR #on the application. So on the Plus and Premier, I put the my same RR #. When the spend is met, the points are added to the RR #, in addition, to the points for the spend. SW keeps track of them and sees that your RR account has met the 120k points needed for CP and issues it. If you transfer points from a different account (say DH’s) to yours, those points do not count towards the CP.

When you apply for the CCs you include your RR #on the application. So on the Plus and Premier, I put the my same RR #. When the spend is met, the points are added to the RR #, in addition, to the points for the spend. SW keeps track of them and sees that your RR account has met the 120k points needed for CP and issues it. If you transfer points from a different account (say DH’s) to yours, those points do not count towards the CP.
Thank you. One more question: do they remove the 110,000 points when you get the CP?

Thank you. One more question: do they remove the 110,000 points when you get the CP?
Nope. The 110k points are yours to spend on flights. You might have actually used some of them before you hit the mark for CP. So it is really a double win- free flights with the points, free flights with the CP :) We love it and it definitely encourages us to travel more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter