I Paid Someone $5 for a Catchy Trip Report Title, and This is All I Got-Updated 12/29

those are some great Goofy's! DHS seems like a good choice, MK on the 4th looked insane!

I can just imagine the stress level of trying to discuss how to do online check-in with all that noise in the background! Glad it worked out.

Love your Goofy! I'm totally impressed! :thumbsup2

Great Goofys! I am hoping to do the animation tour this time around. I hope you guys don't run into that tour group again- they can be pretty loud & annoying!

Wow! What great drawings! I see potential Disney animators in the works ;)

those are some great Goofy's!

Thank you! It was a great diversion from all of the rides we had been doing. And you get to leave with a souvenir. Just don't try to do it when it rains, because everybody else will be there too (which is what we had tried a few days earlier).

Great pix!

For the 4th, I was expecting it to be crazy! Having those VIP FastPasses seems like it helped alot!

I imagine that MK and Epcot probably were crazy....we had strategically picked our parks (zigging when everybody else is zagging). And saving the VIP fastpasses for the holiday was another good move, I believe.

DHS seems like a good choice, MK on the 4th looked insane!

I can just imagine the stress level of trying to discuss how to do online check-in iwth all that noise in the background! Glad it worked out.

Yes, a little stressful. I'm not sure if it was worse for my MIL on the other end trying to help us, or Judy trying to explain it, or me overhearing parts of the conversation and wondering if progress was being made. I've since learned that you can do online check-in with a cell phone that has internet capability, which I guess mine has, but I've never used it since it's an extra charge.

Great job on the Goofy! I'm impressed!

Alison and I decided to try this for the first time too (I think it was that night) and we ended up doing Donald. I've never been very artistic, but I was fairly happy with mine. They make it a whole lot easier showing you how to do it in segments with simple figures to draw.

Agree it was a fun diversion after all the riding we had done.

Great job on the Goofy! I'm impressed!

Alison and I decided to try this for the first time too (I think it was that night) and we ended up doing Donald. I've never been very artistic, but I was fairly happy with mine. They make it a whole lot easier showing you how to do it in segments with simple figures to draw.

Agree it was a fun diversion after all the riding we had done.

Thank you. Feel free to post your Donald drawing. We'd love to see it.

Their instruction is very helpful....I don't remember the steps, so I couldn't do it again on my own though!

Wow, I just spent a couple of hours skimming your trip report. What a great looking family you have. Enjoyed the written report and the photos. Absolutely love the night time photo of the entrance at Kidani. Looking forward to your final final day's report. Thanks for sharing.

Wow - I'm impressed with your goofy, I doubt I could do that good even with instructions - just not very artistic. But we will have to check it out when we are there!

Wow, I just spent a couple of hours skimming your trip report. What great looking family you have. Enjoyed the written report and the photos. Absolutely love the night time photo of the entrance at Kidani. Looking forward to your final final day's report. Thanks for sharing.

That's awesome that you went through the whole thing! For that, you get a :welcome:

Thank you for the nice compliments. There're still a few installments to go before it's all done. Looking forward to having you along.

Tribilín;34306425 said:
Hey CW4DW! Just noticed your signature, seems you fell in love with Port Orleans Riverside! And I know glennbo123 likes it too. If anything you should write a mini TR or review about your stay at POR... I'll subscribe to it too (you have now two followers already!) :rotfl:

I am seriously thinking about it... I have a journal that I am planning on taking for me to take notes in so I can remember everything, and I just have to be better about taking picutres. It seems that I start taking them at the beginning of the trip and then they stop. So I am going to do better!

Thanks for the vote of confidence and I will let y'all know what I decide...

Wow - I'm impressed with your goofy, I doubt I could do that good even with instructions - just not very artistic. But we will have to check it out when we are there!

Thank you! I recommend it....I bet you'll do better than you think you could.

I have a journal that I am planning on taking for me to take notes in so I can remember everything

That's the start....I can tell you want to!

I just kept some notes on some hotel notepad paper. My oldest daughter looked at it midway through the trip and said, "Dad's got everything on here!" So, even though there wasn't a lot of writing, I guess it was pretty thorough. And the rest will come to you when you look at the pictures.

Thanks for the vote of confidence and I will let y'all know what I decide...
:thumbsup2

And glennbo123, your goofy is awesome. I love drawing (and goofy :goodvibes), specially cartoons, but I've never been in Animation Academy, nobody wants to go with me :sad1: Hopefully next trip mom will go with me ;) that or I better plan a solo trip :rotfl:

Tribilín;34367111 said:
:thumbsup2

And glennbo123, your goofy is awesome. I love drawing (and goofy :goodvibes), specially cartoons, but I've never been in Animation Academy, nobody wants to go with me :sad1: Hopefully next trip mom will go with me ;) that or I better plan a solo trip :rotfl:

Thank you Tribilín! Are you trying to justify an extra trip to Disney with the argument that no one will go with you to the Animation Academy? If so, I understand....just wondering. You could always add "to go on the hidden trail at AK" and "to see the elephant carving in the Tree of Life in the queue for ITTBAB". That should be enough justification to put you over the top. :laughing:

You could always add "to go on the hidden trail at AK" and "to see the elephant carving in the Tree of Life in the queue for ITTBAB". That should be enough justification to put you over the top. :laughing:

There are carvings in the Tree of Life ??? :eek: I need to go back ASAP ;)

We completed our masterpieces at the Animation Academy, rolled them up, and then headed down Sunset Boulevard. Along the way we ran into another photopass photographer. As is my custom, we got the first one with my camera.

img_1474.jpg

You can tell we're on Sunset Boulevard because it says so on that trolley-looking thing behind us. Well, that, and the fact that ToT is looming in the background, which is at the end of Sunset, of course.

Uh oh, there's a sea of red shirts behind us!

Then some pictures from her camera. This first one caught me mid-blink, apparently.

Image0871.jpg

Image0874.jpg

She asked if we had any “magic” shots and we said that we had done Tinkerbell and Simba, but none from here. (Ooops, I guess the balloon picture would have qualified, wouldn’t it.) Anyway, the kids were excited to do some more. First, she told us to point at something coming out of the ground. There’s Marlene with that dramatic hand-over-the-mouth move again. But, look at yours truly….now that’s good acting!

Image0876.jpg

Next, she had us come over to this bench, leaving a little room for someone to join us, and wave.

Image0878.jpg

Then she had the kids shift over for a different one. I guess the sun got to the kids….now why wouldn’t she retake this one? :confused3

Image0880.jpg

Then she told us to act like there’s something disgusting on the bench. That kid walking through our picture isn’t too conspicuous, is he? :mad:

Image0882.jpg

After that we continued on and got in line for Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster. Well, all of us except Judy. Her neck was hurting from her Everest ride a couple of days earlier, so she decided that she should avoid the thrill rides for a while. The good news was that the Brazilian tour group people were nowhere in sight. I guess they were still congregating out on Sunset.

Hidden Mickey alert: while we were watching the Aerosmith recording session, I saw a hidden Mickey made from guitar cords on the floor.

img_1476.jpg

When we went to the rollercoaster loading area I got a picture of a limo shooting off into oblivion. It's not an especially great picture, but it really takes me back. I can sense the anticipation I had when I was about to board the coaster, and can almost feel the G-forces now.

img_1481.jpg

We enjoyed it as always. Here’s the redneck photo of when we took off. Marlene’s got that same eyes-shut-tight look as from the last time we rode it. I like James’ look too, and I’m surprised he’s got his eyes open.

img_1483.jpg

We met Judy in the gift shop and she told us there was a photopass lady outside who would take our picture in front of the big guitar. So we did.

img_1485.jpg

I know she took one with her camera, but I just now realized that we didn’t get it on our photopass CD. I know she did because I remember her saying, “Make a Rock pose. You know, hold your hands like this.” And she held her hand in a fist, but with thumb and pinkie extended (I think). And I remember this because I was taken off-guard and I wasn’t sure what hand gesture I was making. Whatever I did, I’m sure it probably meant something really bad in some culture somewhere. I wish I had that picture to show you.

From there we went over to Tower of Terror. I had gotten 5 fastpasses, but only Lauren and I would be going on. Here’s a redneck picture of our ride. We look pretty calm, but check out that guy in the third row, behind me. I mean, even the little girl across the aisle from me is calm. Oh, and I see some Brazilians in the back row.

img_1487a.jpg

As we left we gave our extra ToT fastpasses to a couple of people who were walking up to the standby line. They were very thankful.

After that we went back to Toy Story Midway Mania to use our fastpasses for our last ride before we left the park. This time I rode with Judy. Her score is on the left, mine on the right.

img_1491.jpg

James reported that his score was higher, although I don’t remember what it was. Here he is talkin’ trash.

img_1492.jpg

Notice that he rode alone. I’m still going with my theory that lone riders score higher.

Then we left the park to head over to Animal Kingdom. I took this picture of Hollywood Boulevard, looking toward the park entrance, on the way out.

img_1493.jpg

In the next installment: July 4th at Animal Kingdom

Link to next installment

First, she told us to point at something coming out of the ground. There’s Marlene with that dramatic hand-over-the-mouth move again. But, look at yours truly….now that’s good acting!

LOL! You look like you were rolling dice in Las Vegas :rotfl:

Sorry glennbo123, you have to leave the acting to Marlene, she's the actress in your family. But you could have a great future in animation! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter