If the closure is extended beyond 3/31, when do you think it will be announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayMass

Dis Dad #871 Disney Deadhead
I'm curious what everyone thinks. I am pretty convinced that the closures will be extended through at least the second week of April and probably longer than that. I base this off of the Asian parks that have been closed for 7+ weeks.

I would say they will likely make a call about a week out. You need to give people some notice. 3-5 days out is about as close as I think you could cut it.
Laugh out loud. 3 to 5 days out is not enough time. A minimum of 12 days. Some people drive and take their time. Such a poor way to treat people. Disney knows exactly when they plan to open the parks. They don't wake up on Monday morning and decide that the parks open Wednesday. The part time cast members will be filling in full time to replace the college kids

Laugh out loud. 3 to 5 days out is not enough time. A minimum of 12 days. Some people drive and take their time. Such a poor way to treat people. Disney knows exactly when they plan to open the parks. They don't wake up on Monday morning and decide that the parks open Wednesday. The part time cast members will be filling in full time to replace the college kids

Which is why I said about a week is the most likely as to when they'll announce if it's extended or not. Completely uncharted territory here.

These part timers need to be contacted to check on work schedules. In my mind were looking at a month to a month and 1/2 before opening

No way they can open till May 1 at the earliest.

I've been on record saying I don't think there is any chance they are opening on April 1. The question in this thread was when will they announce an extension and I think the announcement would be about 7 days out.

New York State starting to shut down in western new york. Lots of counties declaring state of emergency.

I've been on record saying I don't think there is any chance they are opening on April 1. The question in this thread was when will they announce an extension and I think the announcement would be about 7 days out.
7 days out Sounds like a lot but not enough .

10-14 days prior would be my guess. I’m guessing they’ll close until at least May.

so... tomorrow? Lol

also with the hit Orlando is taking I would bet money Disney opens back up April 1st with the open ended option to reschedule until June. If one park extends their closure, then all surrounding parks will as well. With the competition between Universal and Disney I can’t see either location being closed longer than March 31st unless the economy somehow gets worse. I’m fairly certain stocks hit their lowest point on Wednesday. I can’t see them staying closed for the economics of it alone.

I think 7 days sounds about right - I also assume that the park will be shut down through April and at this point would not be surprised if it extended into May. Right now nothing would surprise me.

This seems like the best "Canary in the Coalmine", and the earliest possible chance to re-open. If that is cancelled, well...

Over on the CP board somebody said today was roommate selection day for the may 15th program. If that happenes or not could say a lot.

The lead time on announcements is one of my big worries right now. We're currently booked for the beginning of May, so if they extend the closures through the end of April, I hope they announce a decision about May early enough that we're not left wondering and being forced to make a decision on whether or not to risk traveling without knowing for certain if the parks would be open when we got there.

I saw speculation on one of the threads that they only closed for two weeks to prevent locals from storming the parks before an extended closure. I saw another potential reason was to limit the numbers of people with urgent customer service needs.

That said, I think we could see an extension as early as tomorrow, since WDW is also closed tomorrow. I also think it could be in another short phase, such as through April 12th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter