If the closure is extended beyond 3/31, when do you think it will be announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw speculation on one of the threads that they only closed for two weeks to prevent locals from storming the parks before an extended closure. I saw another potential reason was to limit the numbers of people with urgent customer service needs.

That said, I think we could see an extension as early as tomorrow, since WDW is also closed tomorrow. I also think it could be in another short phase, such as through April 12th.

Agreed re: announcing closure(s) in short time chunks. To keep the call center even remotely responsive they'd have to do it that way.

Over on the CP board somebody said today was roommate selection day for the may 15th program. If that happenes or not could say a lot.

I'm doing my second international CP (hopefully) this summer with a May 11th arrival date. We were able to do our housing registration today. On the Disney Programs support webpage they are saying all arrivals scheduled after April 20th and later are expected to arrive as scheduled. Arrival dates of March 16 through April 13 are being told to wait for more information.

I'm doing my second international CP (hopefully) this summer with a May 11th arrival date. We were able to do our housing registration today. On the Disney Programs support webpage they are saying all arrivals scheduled after April 20th and later are expected to arrive as scheduled. Arrival dates of March 16 through April 13 are being told to wait for more information.

Thanks for the information. I think that could be very telling.

Edit: I really hope you are able to get in and do it and have a great time.

If the curve does not start to flatten soon, Disney will not be making the next announcement, the state or federal government will. If things get as bad as they are in Italy, Martial Law will be imposed by either the President or the Governor.

If the curve does not start to flatten soon, Disney will not be making the next announcement, the state or federal government will. If things get as bad as they are in Italy, Martial Law will be imposed by either the President or the Governor.

I don't like this, but I agree. More closures have been announced within the last few hours. It was kind of quiet yesterday and today, but it's starting up again like Thursday and Friday were - announcements one after the next.

The ones today include bars and restaurants in some states as well as all NJ & downstate NY schools.

This is on our local news:
"According to the CDC's website, the CDC is actually recommending events and festivals be canceled or postponed for the next eight weeks.
"Events of any size should only be continued if they can be carried out with adherence to guidelines for protecting vulnerable populations, hand hygiene, and social distancing. When feasible, organizers could modify events to be virtual," the CDC said on its website.
"This recommendation is made in an attempt to reduce introduction of the virus into new communities and to slow the spread of infection in communities already affected by the virus," the CDC said."

I think mid to end of May. It would be good if their IT made it possible to cancel your reservations within the time period, online. I ran into issues with the online check-in causing me issues with the automatic cancellation if you don't check in (we were to check in yesterday, we didn't arrive, and we're were checked in automatically).

"According to the CDC's website, the CDC is actually recommending events and festivals be canceled or postponed for the next eight weeks.
"Events of any size should only be continued if they can be carried out with adherence to guidelines for protecting vulnerable populations, hand hygiene, and social distancing. When feasible, organizers could modify events to be virtual," the CDC said on its website.
"This recommendation is made in an attempt to reduce introduction of the virus into new communities and to slow the spread of infection in communities already affected by the virus," the CDC said."

Just coming to post this. Shocking that it is eight weeks.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/201...vents/mass-gatherings-ready-for-covid-19.html

I have a feeling that the parks will be closed until at least mid-April. I have a trip planned from the 19-22 and I'm really on the fence about just pulling the trigger and postponing. I'd like to make it happen, but I also don't want to wait until the last minute. Ugh.

Then that will do it for star wars race. You can't do a race with "hand hygiene and social distancing". Just not possible. Keeping runners from bumping into you is hard enough - staying 6 feet away is not gonna happen.

Then that will do it for star wars race. You can't do a race with "hand hygiene and social distancing". Just not possible. Keeping runners from bumping into you is hard enough - staying 6 feet away is not gonna happen.
That’s a recommendation, there’s nothing the CDC can do. Ultimately it’s going to be about how long Disney values doing the right thing over making money, or how long a law prohibits them from opening.

The lead time on announcements is one of my big worries right now. We're currently booked for the beginning of May, so if they extend the closures through the end of April, I hope they announce a decision about May early enough that we're not left wondering and being forced to make a decision on whether or not to risk traveling without knowing for certain if the parks would be open when we got there.
we have a trip May 15 so were in a similar boat.

That’s a recommendation, there’s nothing the CDC can do. Ultimately it’s going to be about how long Disney values doing the right thing over making money, or how long a law prohibits them from opening.
Disney will not go against CDC.

I think Disney has an updated idea when they may reopen and it’s not in 2 weeks.

A tell tale sign of this is them sending the CP’s home, as well as the international workers. They can’t just get themback in a short period of time. When the parks do open up I would not be surprised if Epcot was delayed.

Disney will not go against CDC.

I think Disney has an updated idea when they may reopen and it’s not in 2 weeks.

A tell tale sign of this is them sending the CP’s home, as well as the international workers. They can’t just get themback in a short period of time. When the parks do open up I would not be surprised if Epcot was delayed.

I’m curious if WDW or any of the other parks will adhere to the CDC recommendations or not.

Laugh out loud. 3 to 5 days out is not enough time. A minimum of 12 days. Some people drive and take their time. Such a poor way to treat people. Disney knows exactly when they plan to open the parks. They don't wake up on Monday morning and decide that the parks open Wednesday. The part time cast members will be filling in full time to replace the college kids
And you gotta give people enough time to cancel/move flights, rental cars, scooters, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter