If you were going to vacation in Florida, but not at WDW

LucyStorm

Has a love affair with the monorail
where would you go? I am thinking gulf coast somewhere as DD and DH both don't like WDW (gasp! How did I end up in this family!) This is going to be more of a relaxing vacation with some looking into the central Florida area to decide where we want to relocate in a few years (I'm an RN, that leaves it pretty wide open for me.)

Do you have any resorts/areas that you like in that area that you would recommend for a low stress vacation?

Nope thats not possible.....Florida and no Disney....nope sorry would never happen!

I would go to Tampa and see my sissy Princess Michelle and my other good friends Christine and Chrissi.

Gulf Coast. San Destin, Destin, Fort Walton on the pan handle, or Clearwater Beach on the west coast. All of them say get a beach chair and umbrella, and relax! Beautiful sand sunsets. Lots of nice resorts, condos, hotels, and motels.

DH and I just did this on the west coast. The area from Cedar Key to just north of Tampa is called The Nature Coast...lots of natural springs, manatees, and also enjoyed Tampa Springs and the gazillion of sponges.

My parents live in southwest FL (near Port Charlotte), so I take trips down there every so often. Buuuttttt..... I usually end up driving to WDW for a day or two anyway! :teeth:
Hmmmm... speaking of that, I'm going in April. :teeth: A few days at the parents and a few at WDW. I'm ready to go!! :)

...KEY WEST Baby...!!!

Ive never been, but one of these days Im gonna make it!!!

Buggin'
Amber

It doesn't get any nicer and the sand doesn't get any whiter than Destin. I made my reservations this week.

We really enjoy the Destin/Ft. Walton Beach area. The water is beautiful and theres shopping and a water park. I wouldn't say go to Panama City Beach. Last time we were there it was awful. The water was dirty and the beach was too. Its more of a party beach I think. Destin is more of a family area.

I'm with catsrule....Sanibel Island. Just beautiful. And you are close enough to Ft. Meyers to spend some time there.

So when are ya taking me Bonnie?:p

Yensid. my dad lived in PortCharlotte, my step mom still does. I have only been there once before my dad died. If I were going to florida, I would still go to Orlando area. I would do morethen a quick trip to US and IOA, I usually do a 1 dayer there, and would love to stay in a hotel on site there. I have never gone to Sea World, just never had the time. So I would like to do a vacation to see the sites other the DW, though I think I would still get a hopper pass and do a quick run through all the DW parks if I were that close.

St Pete Beach and the Don Cesar Resort:D ! I LOVE staying there!! Second place would be Destin area.

Speaking of Port Charlote....my DH and I fell in LOVE with nearby Punta Gorda Isles...every home here is on a canal,tile roofs,pastal colored stucco wall homes...in a word...PARADISE!:D

There is actually something outside of Disney down there - gasp - I had no clue Bonnie - but seriously I have no clue - good luck

Pensacola is cool. I lived there one summer when my DH was in the Navy. There's lots of aviation and Naval history and a very cool fort (Fort Pickens, I believe) where Geronimo was once a prisoner. Pensacola Beach has beautiful beaches and walking/biking paths throughout the whole town. There are lots of neat places to eat and drink, too. Pensacola is where all the Navy pilots are trained. I'd go back in a heartbeat to visit.

Key West and Miami Beach ! I'm going next week. Can't wait to get out of the cold.

The Nature Coast north of Tampa is very quiet and very affordable with lots of housing and accomodations of all types available. Great (and affordable) golf, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter