Ignore. Just practicing posting pics

Ah yes, I remember it well too. I had the same type camera when I visited the Fort the first time Christmas 1977. I actually found a few pics from that trip upstairs the other day...but nothing too great so I haven't bothered scanning them. Maybe I will at some point.

Yep! The HDDR began in the summer of 1974.

I think that's an old Apache TT in that brochure. Anyone know for sure? Very cool! There is a DISer with an Apache that posts here.

Ooohhhhh...., so your first Fort trip wasn't until Christmas 1977 was it? Mine was November 1977. Beat cha by 1 month! :rotfl: Actually my first WDW trip was March 1973. Go ahead and scan those old pics! You might be surprised how great they really are! I certainly never expected such a reaction from our oldie goldies! :thumbsup2 BTW, I also remember mom buying those flash bulbs that stacked about 5 cubes high! I really am willing to wager that she still has it! I may need to investigate.....after all, the old Fort pics were taken with it which makes it Fort related.

Thanks for the info! I thought it was the HDDR, but after overthinking it, I wasn't so sure.

Maybe that old Apache TT IS the DISer! :rotfl2: KFDad had his heart set on a certain MH many, many years ago and finally got it........more than 20 years later! It was the same MH, same year, make and model. :lmao:

OMG I can't believe I've done such a great job of ignoring this that I almost missed the BEST THREAD OF 2010!

Running to go get DH who is going to just L-O-V-E all these amazing old pics. He has many fond memories of being at the Fort as a kid in the late 70s.

Thanks to all who've made this such an amazing thread. Keep it comin!! :flower3:

I think that's an old Apache TT in that brochure. Anyone know for sure? Very cool! There is a DISer with an Apache that posts here.

Yes, thats an Apache pop up. We had one just like that when I was a kid except ours was green. These pictures and scans area real blast from the past! Love them!!

Remember these bags from the Trading Posts? (Told you she saved everything!) Love that Musket Mickey!
015.jpg

There's one of these on eBay right now!

Lots of other cool stuff that mentions or is related to FW too (some of it older) - CLICK

Went to Mom and Dads today and picked up a grocery bag full of camping check in folders and it has some of the same stuff that KFKM had and some other stuff I will have to find someone who has a scanner but I would say the prize was this .........
c5cc84e3.jpg
[/IMG] Did you know in 1977 it cost 14 dollars a night and in 89 we paid 183 for the week but this year we paid 121 a night.............................

Ok now, I think YodaGirl's mom needs to redistribute her kazoo wealth. :lmao: 4 in one family is just not fair. :rolleyes1

Ah, just kiddin'! It's good to hear of so many people that save these old things. I wish I had some of the stuff from when I was a kid. But my mom was definitely not a saver. She was more to the other extreme...and when they sold the farm I grew up on and cleared out the farmhouse, there must have been one big yard sale and one HUGE bonfire. Wish I could have been there to grab some of my old things.

Went to Mom and Dads today and picked up a grocery bag full of camping check in folders and it has some of the same stuff that KFKM had and some other stuff I will have to find someone who has a scanner but I would say the prize was this .........
c5cc84e3.jpg
[/IMG] Did you know in 1977 it cost 14 dollars a night and in 89 we paid 183 for the week but this year we paid 121 a night.............................

Very cool! ....regarding prices, YES, I am all TOO aware of the price difference between then and now! I may have to sell a kidney this year! :laughing:

Ok now, I think YodaGirl's mom needs to redistribute her kazoo wealth. :lmao: 4 in one family is just not fair. :rolleyes1

Ah, just kiddin'! It's good to hear of so many people that save these old things. I wish I had some of the stuff from when I was a kid. But my mom was definitely not a saver. She was more to the other extreme...and when they sold the farm I grew up on and cleared out the farmhouse, there must have been one big yard sale and one HUGE bonfire. Wish I could have been there to grab some of my old things.

I think the mother load may have been located. I'll bet YodaGirls mom has a big ole box of those kazoos stored somewhere. You get TCD and I'll get the night vision goggles. We're going in! :laughing:

That's too bad about the yardsale/bonfire! While I can let go of most things, I just can't let go of the mementos of Disney trips past. I found in my own WDW vacation packets (yes, KFK does it too. I am my mother's daughter!) a popcorn box from 2006 which was my 2 DS's first popcorn at WDW and I remember that it was in the Studios while waiting to see Lightning McQueen and Mater. There was also a napkin. :sad2: Should never have made fun of KFM! Now I'm a pot calling the kettle black!

There's one of these on eBay right now!

Lots of other cool stuff that mentions or is related to FW too (some of it older) - CLICK

Thanks for the link! I've seen other stuff on e-bay that mom has in her collection! I mentioned before that I've seen one of the brochures posted on this thread that was going for $15.00. Mom's really got a treasure box. No telling what it would all go for, but we'll never know 'cause we can't let go!

Obviously a map from the same booklet.
KSCN0016-1.jpg

According to the map, it looks like the only way from the Fort to the MK was via bus. Was there no boat service from the Fort to MK?

Good find, Monique!

Did anybody notice the Nature Trail sign from River Country? Is that you Discamper?

I still have mine! :goodvibes

I loved Melvin the Moose.

If I'm not mistaken, there was also one that was red with yellow trim. My mom has her's, dad's, and my brother's.

Wow! If you ever come across one that's red with yellow trim, I'd sure like to see a photo. You guys could make up your own kazoo band!

I also remember those 110 cameras. And the flash cubes. Those things took bad photos. Mrs. TCD's elderly aunt still had one of those cameras up until her death a couple of years ago. And, she still had the flash cubes to go with it. She would snap a random photo at family events. I think she was working on a single roll of film for years.

And I know it was Ynottony who used to have an Apache camper much like the one in KFK's photo. Check it out . . .

WaltDisneyWorldOctober2003078.jpg

:banana: Yeah Jackrabbit Run :banana: :banana:

Thanks for the goodies, KFK, Queen Hero!

TCD

Now this goes back many many years ago as I remember you took a bus to TTC and there you could take the Monorail or Boat to MK. If you were going to EPCOT there was a bus or you took a bus to TTC and then the Monorail to EPCOT. But at that time everything went out of TTC.

3. Do you have any ferocious dogs or other animals on the premises?

Do ferocious kitties count? They might drown you in cat fur, after all. Or hairballs.

The kazoo used to be even more convenient to you - I lived in your town for about 6 years until a year point five ago. Walked to the library several times a week. :thumbsup2 I thought the Census might like to know. :rotfl:

TCD - I am glad to see you going to such extremes to get that kazoo for me.

Yes - willing to face guard cats. Very valiant!

Don't fall for it ambertides! It's a trap! He's really after the kazoo. There isn't really a certificate OR membership card! :lmao:

Darn. There should totally be a card for the Queen Hero of the Fort Fiends, don't you think?

But if you look in the background at his photo from the 70’s there are totem pole that may look like the ones at FW

That is an AWESOME pic. I found a pic of those (not nearly so nice) the other day, too, and wondered the same.

If I'm not mistaken, there was also one that was red with yellow trim. My mom has her's, dad's, and my brother's.

Yay! :cheer2:

According to the map, it looks like the only way from the Fort to the MK was via bus. Was there no boat service from the Fort to MK?

I also remember those 110 cameras. And the flash cubes. Those things took bad photos. Mrs. TCD's elderly aunt still had one of those cameras up until her death a couple of years ago. And, she still had the flash cubes to go with it. She would snap a random photo at family events. I think she was working on a single roll of film for years.

And I know it was Ynottony who used to have an Apache camper much like the one in KFK's photo. Check it out . . .

Thanks for the goodies, KFK, Queen Hero!

TCD

I can't remember for sure about the transportation from Fort to MK back then. I need to ask KF Dad, he'll definately know.

The 110 cam did take pretty rough pics, but not nearly as bad as those funky disc cameras that lasted about 10 minutes! :sad2: Poor Aunt TDC. She probably didn't want to waste the film. My grandma is the same way. She can't bear ANYTHING to go to waste.

I like the Apache TT. :thumbsup2 But....I like my new title even better! :rotfl: Queen Hero! :lmao:

Now this goes back many many years ago as I remember you took a bus to TTC and there you could take the Monorail or Boat to MK. If you were going to EPCOT there was a bus or you took a bus to TTC and then the Monorail to EPCOT. But at that time everything went out of TTC.

ahhhh yes....I remember those days. We still take a boat to MK, then a MR to TTC change MR to get to EPCOT. Kind of roundabout, but it's just how we roll. I'd rather ride boats and monorails over waiting on the buses, although, DS5 LOVES the busses....maybe even better than the parks! :laughing:

Darn. There should totally be a card for the Queen Hero of the Fort Fiends, don't you think?

I agree. There should be a card, sash, pin, crown and scepter! :rotfl2:

Been busy preparing for DS6's 7th birthday party tomorrow, so no time to scan today, but the scanning should resume sometime tomorrow night or Sunday.:thumbsup2

i just figured out how to change my avitar, and wanted to show off my daughter in her Bell dress. here is a larger pic.
IMG_2640-2.jpg

While I believe there may be more tidbits in moms treasure box from the 70's, I believe that these are the last pics from the 70's that are either Fort, Treasure/Discovery Island or River Country related. (There are plenty from the 80's and gazillions from the parks and so forth.) I know that I have already posted a couple of pics from the shores of D.I. in front of the shipwreck, but I noticed something I didn't remember on this one from 1975. I didn't remember the torches on the beach! Mom clearly remembered, of course. :goodvibes

KSCN0012-1.jpg

KFK and KF Bro taking a rest at D.I. I believe you can see people on the walkway in the background.
KSCN0013-1.jpg

Not FW, RC or DI related, but it was my 10th birthday at WDW CR 1978. Check out the cool hat, reeks of the 70's doesn't it? It had Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Pluto all over it, and since I am my mother's daughter......yes, I still have it!
KSCN0014-2.jpg

Getting late so I'll sign off for now,but there is more to come! :goodvibes

That IS a very 70's hat. Very cool pics again. Love the torches on the beach. I wonder if they fired them up every night? You would have seen them from the boats going by, or maybe even from RC or from the CR beach.

I like the torches too. They probably lit them for the D.I. nighttime cruise and excursions. Wish I'd gotten to do that! I'm sure it was beautiful with the torches lit up all over the beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter