Illusive Monte Cristo and more

minnietoo

Mouseketeer
Went to DL yest evening with 3 goals:
1. eat a Monte Cristo before I start my diet today
2. View the fireworks from the hub
3. ride the Columbia

Well - we got there at 7PM and followed the parade down mainstreet. We went directly to NO Square to get my Monte Cristo - the Cafe was full and they would not be seating anyone else that evening - they recommend PS through the dining line for future seating. :sad: I had to eat a dry hamburger from FL.

Then the Columbia was no longer running - it was already docked to get ready for Fantasmic. (that we expected so not so much of a dissappointment) pirate:

We had a prime spot for FW viewing! - There were several announcements that they might be cancelled. Then they were delayed (only about 10 minutes) - then they started to a cheering crowd. We got to the haunted house section and they stopped - with the announcement that the winds were too strong and they could not continue. :sad2:

We choose Wed because it is supposed to be lightest day - it was pretty crowded :crowded: and seemed to be the most crowded I've seen it all summer. Maybe people are doing a lot of traveling in August. :confused3

On the positive note - I got a great anniversary pillow - looks like those old embroidered table cloths but it the the 50s map of Disney by Shag. Really cool. :cool1:

I got very frustrated while we sat on the curb to eat (waiting for fireworks) - people kept stepping over me (and my food) - and when I would say something - they would repond by either ignoring me or saying something rude. There were a very few that would say excuse me - but certainly not the majority. The CM were very nice and friendly - and apologetic about the fireworks.

I learned something new - the reason ToonTown closes by dusk is that the fireworks are actually shot from there (I thought they were from "the ranch") - and they have to close down to set up. Then the FD has to come in and completely check TT and FL before they can let anyone back in - that takes about 25 minutes. I guess this was the first time I tried to go back to FL so I never knew it stayed closed after fireworks. :teacher:

So despite the things that didn't go as planned - I still had fun. :cheer2:

minnietoo said:
We choose Wed because it is supposed to be lightest day - it was pretty crowded :crowded: and seemed to be the most crowded I've seen it all summer. Maybe people are doing a lot of traveling in August. :confused3
Yeah, we thought Tuesday was going to be fairly light, but it turned out to be busier than when we were there on Saturday. Not only was DL crowded, but CA pretty crowded too. FP for Soarin ran out early, and whenever we walked by the posted stand by time was always around 45 min. Oh, and one more thing... its starting to heat back up. Not as bad as a few weeks bad, but still much hotter than last week.

We were there Mon-Wed and the crowds were insane!! We had the announcement Tues night about the fireworks, they delayed 15 mins, and went off without a hitch (THANK GOODNESS!!) We were smack dab in the hub in the middle! Best seat in the house! I had convinced my brother and SIL they didn't want to see Electrical parade, they would want to see the fireworks from a premium seat- and my mom saved our seats for 2 hours. I would have been really upset had they cancelled.

Sorry they stopped the show midway through! And to anyone heading there soon, prepare for large crowds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter