Info on Yuletide Fantasy Tour-2003?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Has anyone gotten any information on the Yuletide Fantasy Tour for 2003? Like how much? Is it going to be offered every day or just certain days-when? Times? I figure with CP info out, they'll come out with this soon? When did they have info out last year?

I don't know the answer to your questions- but I did the tour last year and was VERY disappointed. Part of the problem was that I went on a Saturday- so we had a tour guide that was a "weekend" person (Didn't know the spiel completely, spoke broken english), and nobody was working in the Christmas Warehouse (actually- they were all off decorating the Magic in Cape Canaveral ). But I think that even without the above difficulties, I still would have been disappointed (I've done Keys to the Kingdom and an AK tour -both of which I truly enjoyed).

We started in MGM- walked up main street while she pointed out that the themeing was 1950's Christmas Americana , went to the Osborne Lights while she told us the story of Jennings Osborne (basically recited what they had on the board there for all to read) (The lights weren't on) - Got on a bus, rode to Epcot- got to WS (before it was open) walked around WS while she pointed out the Christmas decorations from the various countries and explained the significance of Mistletoe, history of Santa- got on the bus, rode to WL to see the tree there- got on the bus, rode to MK where we had a half an hour of "free time" to look at the decorations there - got on the bus and went to the Christmas Warehouse (finally)- walked thru the warehouse and went to the back to tie a bow (with cheap ribbon)- thought we'd see the special ribbon-making machine that they have- but no. We were given a mickey head ornament. That's it in a nutshell- It was a big disappointent to me. I know it's unasked for input- but I felt compelled to put in my 2 cents worth- Jill

I just talked with Disney Tours on another matter and asked about the Yuletide Fantasy tour. It is available to book for december dates. I won't be able to afford it because it's not apart of the package deal :( Hope this helps some.

Boy, thanks for your input nasmith. I'd hate to spend that kind of money and be disappointed. I was also wondering about the Wild by Design tour at AK. I love AK, and since I'm going to be solo, kind of thought a tour would be fun.

The Wild by design tour is the one I took at AK - it was fabulous- especially if you like Ak. It included a continental breakfast and you rec'd a nice pin. That tour was definitely worth it. You can read reviews of the tours at http://www.wdwig.com/tours.htm

I guess the tour guide makes or breaks the tour.

Last year we went on the Yuletide tour and thoroughly enjoyed it. The CM was a veteran of the tour so he knew his stuff. Told us a lot of information regarding the differences in setup between the WL vs the GF trees. Had trivia contests during the bus ride between the parks/resorts.

At the Christmas warehouse, there were decorations for Pop Century ready to go.

The bus was one of the Disney cruse line busses which has the compfy seats which recline. Did you know that these busses are driven by Mears employees?

Got a free poncho because it rained much of the morning.

Ed

I thought it may have been a tour guide problem...I was so disappointed, very bored the entire time. I just couldn't believe that Disney had someone doing a tour that was less than qualified. There were probably 30 of us on the tour - and at $59 each- that works out to $1800 for 3 hours- certainly they could get someone who knows the information!! She had a "script" with her, but couldn't be bothered to refer to it. Oh well- I still will never take another Disney tour that isn't a permanent fixture, in fear of getting another "seasonal" tour guide.

We did this tour last year also. Had a good guide but I would certainly not rate this one of Disney's better tours. I don't think I'd tell anyone NOT to take it, maybe do it once just for the experience. Just don't expect to be overwhelmed. Keep your expectations low and you may be pleasantly surprised. At least it will get you in the Christmas spirit, if you're not there yet!

I have done the Yuletide as well as the Wild by Desing, and six others. I have found those two, plus the others, all excellent. I have enjoyed them all. Wild is a great one. I have another planned for this Dec.

Just wondering when in Dec you took the tour, sounds like early in the month when the tour is very new to everyone. We took ours just a few days before xmas and loved it. The guide was very friendly and though the warehouse was empty of the cms it was still very interesting. We really did not expect to see anyone there working as all the decorating had already been completed. We were looking for something new to do and enjoyed it but probably would not do it again anytime soon. How early in December you take the tour might be something you would want to take into consideration if you decide to book this tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter