(inspired by Pat Fan) Did you wear braces and how old were you?

Kitty 34

Hums in her sleep
I didn't get braces until I was 19 and in college. Wore them for two years and paid for them myself while my parents paid for college!:) I think my parents got the better bill!!!:jester: :bounce:

Yes I did.
I got them when I was about 14 and had them taken off when I was 17. :)

Yes, got them at 14, had them taken off at 16. :)

I got mine when I was around 12 and wore them for a little over two years. The orthodontist that did the work, would take a before and after mold of your teeth. His policy was to give you the molds when he was finished. But, he wouldn't give me my molds. My teeth were so crooked when he started and then so nice and straight when he finished. He wanted to keep the molds to show future patients.

Got mine when I was in 7th grade and off in the 9th grade.

DS got his when he was in 6th grade and off in the 8th grade.

DD just got hers a week ago and will wear them about 18 months.

DH is lucky. His teeth were great and he never had to wear them.

I am still wearing mine. I got them put on in May 2000 when I was 25. Hopefully the braces will be coming off this summer/fall and then I will have a year of permanent retainers and then after that I will just be down to the retainers I can wear at night. :)

I had braces twice. I got the first set on when I was 8 and off when I was 10. The second set went on when I was 12 and came off at 14.

Got mine on when I was 16 and off when I was 18.

I still get compliments on my smile...I tell them I'll let my parents know...they paid for them! LOL

Holycow

Let's see, the first time I was 15-18. Three long years. Parents paid.

The second time I was in my early 30's. My jaw didn't stop growing and my teeth were straight but didn't touch anymore (in the front) so I needed jaw surgery. I had to wear the braces for about 9 months before surgery to line up the teeth for post-surgery, and then about a year after surgery. I had to pay for it (thank goodness for flexible spending accounts)

I still have (and still hate) my permanent retainer.

on at 10 years, off at 14. I need 4 teeth pulled(2 were impactions) just to make the room needed for straightening :(

I was 12 when I got mine. I wore them for 2 1/2 long years.

Nope, but I always wanted them (my friends that have had them think I was really weird when I tell them that:teeth: ). Every dentist I see tells me I don't need them.

My dd's dentist says she will need them in a couple of years though.:( She's so lucky.

off one week before 40! Best thing I ever did for my smile, I got DS into his the second year of mine, our orthodontist was very nice. His son is Darren Starr, the creator of 90210 and several other hit shows. How you get from an ortho's son in Northern Virgina to Hollywood is beyond me. But the ceiling posters were nice.

on at 12 off at 15 Parents dental insurance paid
on at 18 off at 20 I paid for.

Yes.

I got them when I was 15 and they came off two years later. I even had to have my HS Yearbook pictures taken twice because I was still wearing the braces for the first set of pictures. Believe me, I had a big smile for the second set of pictures. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter