Ironing on transfer on hat?

jennydep

Mouseketeer
I picked up a plain ball cap for my son today thinking I would find an iron on patch of Buzz or someone to put on it. While I was showing him some of the designs I want to do on shirts for him and dd, he saw one he wants on a hat. Can I do an iron on transfer on a baseball cap?

Do I need to e-mail or PM each designer to ask permission to use their designs or can I just use them if I don't need them customized? I will be happy to do whatever is needed. I will also post pictures once I get shirts done.

Thanks so much for your help.

I'm not sure how a ball cap would work -- I'm hoping somebody else will chime in on that.

I would PM the designer and ask them. Even though the designs are posted for everyone to use, it might be a good idea to let them know how you are going to use it. And PLEASE post pictures! I love seeing everybody's pictures. It gives me some good ideas, and its fun to see how everybody else does an iron on.

I'm not sure how ironing on a hat will work. I found baseball style hats at walmart in the Men's section that have a clear pocket on the front. They are made to display your fishing license, but I printed designs on cardstock to fit the pocket and was able to change the design to match the outfit. I'm not sure if they have them anymore, but it is another idea.

Deb

I tried it. Uh....not so good! It may have been passable if I'd had dark transfer paper, but with the light it turned out pretty bad. At least it was only a $2 hat from Hobby Lobby. I may look at Wal-Mart for the one with the pocket. Thanks for that idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter