Is anyone else worried about opening up again

So the people who can’t work from home and who have lost their jobs And can’t afford to eat or pay their rent should be thrown to the wolves?

Either way some group is being screwed in all of this.

That’s because we have crappy safety nets in this country. People instead talk about taking personal responsibility. Well, maybe folks should have done that and saved for a rainy day. It’s pouring right now.

My issue with things relaxing is all the people on my Governor's (Louisiana) Facebook page screaming at him about how they refuse to wear masks. Screaming about how they will have their way.

I have no issue with things reopening if we can all behave as rational and polite humans. I can see the folks yelling at a restaurant hostess because they can't get in due to social distancing capacity.

There will also be businesses who choose not to reopen when they hit their phase. We aren't going to be throwing all of the doors open wide and yelling come on in.

There will be businesses who demand that their employees come in when they don't have childcare.

Lose lose lose situation all the way around.

That’s because we have crappy safety nets in this country. People instead talk about taking personal responsibility. Well, maybe folks should have done that and saved for a rainy day. It’s pouring right now.

Some people barely make enough to live. Let alone save anything. And those neighborhoods are the ones being hit the hardest. Detroit, NYC, NOLA.

My issue with things relaxing is all the people on my Governor's (Louisiana) Facebook page screaming at him about how they refuse to wear masks. Screaming about how they will have their way.

I have no issue with things reopening if we can all behave as rational and polite humans. I can see the folks yelling at a restaurant hostess because they can't get in due to social distancing capacity.

There will also be businesses who choose not to reopen when they hit their phase. We aren't going to be throwing all of the doors open wide and yelling come on in.

There will be businesses who demand that their employees come in when they don't have childcare.

Lose lose lose situation all the way around.
What you said is exactly why we couldn't do what Sweden did. Most Americans won't practice social distancing or stay home from work if sick if asked. They had to be forced.

That isn't what that person said, they don't seem to care about when we get a vaccine or who gets killed. In fact they say so, we need to decrease the surplus population. Yes when we get a vaccine we will get herd immunity, until then we do what we can to protect all.
What if a vaccine doesn't happen until summer 2021 (so another 12 months)? Keep the lockdowns going? What if we NEVER get a vaccine (very possible)? Keep the lockdowns?

And no, I'm not saying open everything next week or even next month. But I do want to know from those who say "wait for a vaccine", how long do you wait?

So, just a quick update on what Tennessee's governor announced (several metro areas are not opening this quickly):

1. Monday, 4/27 - restaurants can open at 50% capacity
2. Wednesday, 4/29 - retail businesses can open at 50% capacity
3. Info to follow next week on the reopening of non-emergency healthcare/dental care (I'm assuming it will reopen the week of the 4th, but that's just my guess)
4. Info to follow soon on the reopening of hair salons, gyms, etc. (my guess is the week of the 11th)

As far as nos. 1 and 2, they are relying on businesses to take a pledge to maintain best practices -- there are all kinds of guidelines re: masks for employees, one way aisles in stores, etc. They said that the owners/employees/consumers will keep them in check as opposed to it being policed by the state.

We'll see... If people do their part and all goes well, I may even venture out to a local restaurant in a couple of weeks!

What you said is exactly why we couldn't do what Sweden did. Most Americans won't practice social distancing or stay home from work if sick if asked. They had to be forced.

People were really bad about coming to work sick at my last job. I am so grateful I got out of there before all this started happening.

What if a vaccine doesn't happen until summer 2021 (so another 12 months)? Keep the lockdowns going? What if we NEVER get a vaccine (very possible)? Keep the lockdowns?

And no, I'm not saying open everything next week or even next month. But I do want to know from those who say "wait for a vaccine", how long do you wait?
No one is saying to keep lockdowns going forever but keeping social distancing around should happen til there is a cure.

I'm not waiting for a cure or a vaccine. I'm waiting for an effective treatment. I wouldn't be so terrified of getting this if I knew that there were proven and effective treatments. Until then I will continue to WFH, social distance and wear a mask when I must go out, and wash, wash, wash.

I'm not waiting for a cure or a vaccine. I'm waiting for an effective treatment. I wouldn't be so terrified of getting this if I knew that there were proven and effective treatments. Until then I will continue to WFH, social distance and wear a mask when I must go out, and wash, wash, wash.

Agree. I don't know why we jumped straight to waiting for a vaccine, when just having a real treatment AND testing combined would be such a relief.

We can't wait for a vaccine, but we can wait until we have adequate testing available.

A lot of other reasons as well why America can’t do what other countries that are doing better have done.

A lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter